West Croydon
32%
Woodville South
14%

Total votes : 91

Re: CH9AFL Division 6 2016

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:48 am

Zartan wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Im not convinced that div 6 will be as strong next season as it has been in previous years though, will be a fairly even comp I reckon..

If the reports coming out of Adel Luth, West Croydon and Woody South are accurate, they'll be very hard to beat. Trinity are generally around the mark, Mawson Lakes found some form 2nd half of the season and could be dangerous.

Other sides would be working over time recruiting - Brahma would be one keen to bounce back for sure - I would expect those sides to be improved on last year.

The only club that I think may struggle a bit to improve is Fitzroy, and that's only because they have a young side and have lost their two best players from last season.

Last year the standard was pretty average with the exception of the top 3 sides.

LEL, we pretty much wrote the same drivel at the same time, busy at work?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:52 am

Looking at our strong list, I think it would be ideal if we can add a key defender and a gun outside midfielder to compliment all our inside mids.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:54 am

BZB27 wrote:What have you heard from Adel Luth, West Croydon and Woody Sth

Adel Luth have signed a few more country lads who will be down for Uni, and are confident they have a squad capable in D6.

West Croydon on the back of McPherson and Stubberfield being appointed coaches have recruited extremely heavily, and so much so that they are looking at fielding a C grade next year.

Woody South had already begun signing back players towards the end of the season, and are confident of getting back a large number of players from 2013/2014.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4040 times

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:55 am

Zartan wrote:

Adel Luth have signed a few more country lads who will be down for Uni, and are confident they have a squad capable in D6.

Signed? But they don't pay players?
Q.
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:56 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:LEL, we pretty much wrote the same drivel at the same time, busy at work?

Hha not overly - winding down towards Christmas, everyone is on holidays - my last week has consisted of uploading old stats into mycricket haha
The Bedge
Coach

Postby BZB27 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:59 am

Zartan wrote:

West Croydon on the back of McPherson and Stubberfield being appointed coaches have recruited extremely heavily, and so much so that they are looking at fielding a C grade next year.

Woody South had already begun signing back players towards the end of the season, and are confident of getting back a large number of players from 2013/2014.

The ones who left for Gaza?
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:19 am

BZB27 wrote:The ones who left for Gaza?

No idea haha! I was talking to a mate whose involved out there and he mentioned it while we were have a general chat about everything - I didn't bother pressing for details.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:26 am

Everyone has a best friend, close mate or someone they know at all the SAAFL clubs. Lets's just wait and see on the Friday before round 1 to see who has improved their lists.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:51 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Im not convinced that div 6 will be as strong next season as it has been in previous years though, will be a fairly even comp I reckon..

I'm of a different belief, I can't see Lutheran taking being relegated to div 6 all that well, Woody South wouldn't like being this low, you guys are generally around the mark, Ingle Farm and the Lodge seem to have picked up a few names and are looking to be more competitive, add West Croydon into that fray and the comp seems very strong.

It's too early to judge where Houghton and Mitchell Park fit into the picture, the Lakes seem to do enough to survive in div. 6 and Fitzroy cause enough headaches to re-arrange everyone's top 5 prediction order, who knows, they may be able to take that extra step this season, they'd clearly have one of the biggest home ground advantages in the comp.

Houghton and Mitchell Park will be competitive but more than likely in the bottom half. For us we have retained almost all our premiership team from last year and added some quality and I believe this is the best group we have fielded in Div 6 for a while.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:42 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

I'm of a different belief, I can't see Lutheran taking being relegated to div 6 all that well, Woody South wouldn't like being this low, you guys are generally around the mark, Ingle Farm and the Lodge seem to have picked up a few names and are looking to be more competitive, add West Croydon into that fray and the comp seems very strong.

It's too early to judge where Houghton and Mitchell Park fit into the picture, the Lakes seem to do enough to survive in div. 6 and Fitzroy cause enough headaches to re-arrange everyone's top 5 prediction order, who knows, they may be able to take that extra step this season, they'd clearly have one of the biggest home ground advantages in the comp.

I may be reading that wrong but I think what you have said there is similar to what I said.. It will be an even comp, but I cant see any sides being as good as CLG/Blackfriars/Rosewater of the past few years.. It will be competitive and a good competition to be involved in, just don't think the sides will be as strong as they have been in the past at times..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:53 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I may be reading that wrong but I think what you have said there is similar to what I said.. It will be an even comp, but I cant see any sides being as good as CLG/Blackfriars/Rosewater of the past few years.. It will be competitive and a good competition to be involved in, just don't think the sides will be as strong as they have been in the past at times..

Yeah nah ;)
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:33 pm

human_torpedo wrote:I may be reading that wrong but I think what you have said there is similar to what I said.. It will be an even comp, but I cant see any sides being as good as CLG/Blackfriars/Rosewater of the past few years.. It will be competitive and a good competition to be involved in, just don't think the sides will be as strong as they have been in the past at times..

I think what LM and myself are saying is although their may not be a dominant side like in recent years, the overall standard of clubs will improve on last season - which I thought was one of the poorest standards of D6 in a long time. Yes probably will be an even comp, but I expect the standard will be better than last year.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:40 pm

Zartan wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:I may be reading that wrong but I think what you have said there is similar to what I said.. It will be an even comp, but I cant see any sides being as good as CLG/Blackfriars/Rosewater of the past few years.. It will be competitive and a good competition to be involved in, just don't think the sides will be as strong as they have been in the past at times..

I think what LM and myself are saying is although their may not be a dominant side like in recent years, the overall standard of clubs will improve on last season - which I thought was one of the poorest standards of D6 in a long time. Yes probably will be an even comp, but I expect the standard will be better than last year.

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:56 pm

Agreed. But I think the sides coming up from div 7 wont find the leap as big as they would have in the past due to the standard being lower as we have both said.. I probably should have been clearer in what I was trying to get across..
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby BZB27 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:47 pm

human_torpedo wrote:Agreed. But I think the sides coming up from div 7 wont find the leap as big as they would have in the past due to the standard being lower as we have both said.. I probably should have been clearer in what I was trying to get across..

Id also say us and Mitchell Pk are in better places on and off the field going into d6 than in previous years.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby hulkamania » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:08 pm

Q. wrote:Looking at our strong list, I think it would be ideal if we can add a key defender and a gun outside midfielder to compliment all our inside mids.

that #43 was a handy key defender.
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:30 pm

hulkamania wrote:
Q. wrote:Looking at our strong list, I think it would be ideal if we can add a key defender and a gun outside midfielder to compliment all our inside mids.

If by 'key defender' you mean 'loose man in defence', then yes.
Q.
Coach

Postby hulkamania » Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:37 pm

Q. wrote:
hulkamania wrote:

We have plenty of 'key defenders' then if thats the definition.
hulkamania
Rookie

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Q. » Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:59 pm

hulkamania wrote:
Q. wrote:
hulkamania wrote:

We have plenty of 'key defenders' then if thats the definition.

Team defence pal
Q.
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:14 pm

yeah the team does the defense while this 43 guy runs around :) who is 43 by the way
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League