Blackfriars Old Scholars Football Club Inc

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Postby MW » Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:36 pm

cj_blacks wrote:As of Feb 20... The Oxford Hotel North Adelaide (under new management) becomes the major partner of the Blackfriars Old Scholars Football Club. They have offered us their upstairs room as a home base for the hounds who have been out on the track for about 4 solid weeks now. Minor plans are underway to give the room a real footy club feel with player photos, honour board, foundation member board and action images from our first few games. This is a fantastic way to set up the clubs social base for its inaguaral season and years to come.

In the mould of Adelaide Uni hey???
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2640 times
Been liked: 1868 times

Postby cj_blacks » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:49 am

why would a club with 2 teams mould itself on a club with 8... dosnt click
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby MW » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:36 pm

cj_blacks wrote:why would a club with 2 teams mould itself on a club with 8... dosnt click

I meant by basing yourselves at a pub dude
MW
Coach

Postby Pag » Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:49 pm

A lot of the college sides use pubs as social bases. PAOC use the General Havelock on Hutt St, and Old Iggies use one in town as well, can't remember which exactly off the top of my head though.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby duncs7 » Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:41 pm

MW wrote:
cj_blacks wrote:why would a club with 2 teams mould itself on a club with 8... dosnt click

I meant by basing yourselves at a pub dude

U seem to be very arrogant cj Blacks, i know ur a private school brat but try and have some respect 4 users on here who want to have good discussions, not get snappy at them without looking closer at the context of what they are saying.
Calling someone scum just because they live in a certain area (re; about a page back in this discussion) is just gutless!
U wouldnt say it to my face so dont say it on here.
Elizabeth Eagles Football Club. Est 1956
Argana Park, Elizabeth. SA
http://www.elizabethfc.net
duncs7
Under 18s

Postby BM » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:42 am

Duncs he has also bagged Gepps Cross saying we are all feral. He should come and have a look at Gepps as it has one of the best set ups in the comp with 600 members and very few "ferals".Unfortunately for the new Black Friars FC all he is doing is making them look bad with his attitude. Hopefully he is not a true reflection of their attitude as my kids will be going to school there in the next year or so.
BM
Rookie

Postby cj_blacks » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:51 am

Duncs, i probably did say it to your face last year when i played against you. I think you guys from northern suburb clubs (duncs & BM) have a complex and are reading to much into what I say. BM stop having a cry from a thread that was on footysa 5 months that most people were bagging all the feral clubs. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and mine is simply i dont like feral clubs and never have since i was 6 years old and playing against kids with mullets. Their parents were abusive and as they grow into adult footballers they become cheap footballers and thats why when you mention div 6 or 7 to anyone civilized person the first thing they say is watch your back.
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby cj_blacks » Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:55 am

and duncs i also sensed a touch of cheek from MW comment hence the sharp comment back.
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby MW » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:30 pm

cj_blacks wrote:and duncs i also sensed a touch of cheek from MW comment hence the sharp comment back.

No cheek intended...just commented that your after game set up was similar to Adelaide Uni in that it will be based at a pub and seeing you "played" for Uni, you took on this idea to your new club. Lighten up mate.
MW
Coach

Postby cj_blacks » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:55 pm

i am lightened up mate dont know what the fuss is all about really.
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby BM » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:13 pm

No tears here wanker or insecurities about the northern suburbs(grew up in Northfield and live in Prospect). Opinions are like a/holes mate and everyone has one. I could not give a rats toss bag what you think mate but if you are going to post your opinion at least base your comments on the present and not what upset you when you were six!! Someone steal your lollipop at Gepps? As I said before your arrogant and ill informed comments are not only a reflection of you but also the club that you are trying to establish. Lets hope someone at the Hounds has not got their head up their arse or it could be a very short club history.
BM
Rookie

Postby MW » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:38 pm

cj_blacks wrote:i am lightened up mate dont know what the fuss is all about really.

all good...play on
MW
Coach

Postby carey18 » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:40 pm

as a player of a div 7 team i cannot wait to play agaisnt this team.what a arrogant way to come on here and bag any team that comes from the north!. you havnt even played a game yet and u r already getting a few noses out of joint.just another spoilt brat who will be running around worrying about themselfs and not going near the ball for fear of what you have started on here.
carey18

Postby cj_blacks » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:17 pm

This is great haha Div 7 shall have some spice in 06. BM stop putting things out of context please. I did say something along the lines of my first encounter with ferals was when i was 6, the most recent being last round last year. you say you dont like opinions... this is a forum champ, made from discussions with a vast majority of different peoples opinions if you dont like them why are you here? You keep infering my views reflect on Blackfriars OS, but my views on certain clubs were exactly the same as last year when I played at Uni. Does that mean it reflects on uni...no. Its my own view. It does not reflect on the club it reflects on me and the impression your kind has put on me and so does the massive grin on my face as you are clearly agitated by this matter. Like MW said... play on
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby cj_blacks » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:24 pm

Carey... i have mentioned 1 club... That is Elizabeth... then mr gepps cross jumped on my back about something that was said on a thread on another site 5 months ago.
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby cj_blacks » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:38 pm

PS this thread isnt about me its about the Blackfriars Old Scholars FC. If you want to consipire more stuff about me start a 'cj_blacks' thread.
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby stan » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:45 pm

Guys there is a thread called CJ_blacks, go there to continue this discussion about div 7 and what not
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:50 am

BM wrote:. Hopefully he is not a true reflection of their attitude as my kids will be going to school there in the next year or so.

Big chance of us meeting head on BM. With both my lads in the NEMJFA, & one started at Blacks this year & another to follow suit.
One thing to get ready for is the commitment to school team required at Blacks. My eldest has played for the Collingrove Tennis club for the last two years, their in their grand final this week, he also signed up with the Blacks u13's & trained with them as he likes to have a school summer sport on the go for fitness. The coach has stated that he'll play for Blacks opening round, this is now in negotiation with the parents & the sports admin. Not a great start to a new school but I'm playing the loyalty card.
Two of my employees are just about fresh out of Blacks & warned me of the repercussions of bucking the system, tennis & so on is negotiable, due to the overlay in the holidays, but footy is a big nup. School first, club footy (even SANFL) a distant 2nd. Cj could verify this I would think.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby BM » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:15 am

Shiek look forward to catching up. I recall your lads are at Fitzroy and I am coaching the 11's at Gepps and have another lad in the 8's.
BM
Rookie

Postby dont think do » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:24 am

Some schools are like that, I know of one who would not let a student play A grade District cricket as he was needed for the school, Its a case of putting the school in frount of the student.
When to much sport is never enough
dont think do
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League