SAAFL Div 5 2008

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who do you think will win Div 5 in 2008?

Blackfriars OS
14%
Central United
2%
Elizabeth
8%
Golden Grove
18%
Greenacres
19%
Ingle Farm
2%
Kenilworth
6%
Plympton
11%
Rosewater
13%
Smithfield
8%

Total votes : 160

Re: Doggies in div 5 in '08

Postby Andy #24 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:43 pm

zedman wrote:dont think a dozen..but..saying that..would u like $35k to spend on players??..thats what ryan has got..but if hes recruiting kilburn players..well..they werent to flash last season..and u cant tell me the bottom 6 of the supposed 12 recruited would be that good

Almost everyone who played for Kilburn last year had played A grade in previous years when we were competitive. All the people that have gone there should be very good players in div 5. I don't think they expect to be in div 5 for much longer.
Andy #24
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby stan » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:09 pm

Andy #24 wrote:
zedman wrote:dont think a dozen..but..saying that..would u like $35k to spend on players??..thats what ryan has got..but if hes recruiting kilburn players..well..they werent to flash last season..and u cant tell me the bottom 6 of the supposed 12 recruited would be that good

Almost everyone who played for Kilburn last year had played A grade in previous years when we were competitive. All the people that have gone there should be very good players in div 5. I don't think they expect to be in div 5 for much longer.

Man I seem to have missed heaps here. Whats going on. I think BlackFriars will be competative but not the top side. Im expecting plymtom to be up there. Other than that I really have no idea. Cheers fellas
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby carey » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:28 pm

Andy #24 wrote:

i agree andy they'll be very handy players in div 5 mate i'm expecting big things from the dragons this year . hey andy do uno adam donald and matty whealen ?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2804 times
Been liked: 2994 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: SAAFL Div 5 2008

Postby Andy #24 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Yeah, I used to got out with both of them quite a bit but Duck is massively under the thumb and have only seen Matty a handful of times since he went to Sals. Nth.

I wonder whether there will be any resentment from the local boys at greenacres to such a large contingent of players coming in from another team?
Andy #24
Under 18s

Postby Bully » Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:39 pm

should be another good year at plympton. new coach and some new players arriving looks good for us this year. lets hope we can go that extra step
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby zedman » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:21 am

whos the new coach bulldog?

i will stay with my comments re those kilburn players, if as you say the kilburn team was filled with all A grade players why did they win nothing???..if they are that good why didnt they win a game..and they must be real loyal players to, jumping ship as it goes down..money can buy players but it doesnt buy a team bonding, loyalty or team morale..what had bomber done wrong to not the get the job again?..i think there will be rumblings at greenies this year..stay tuned
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1086 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Andy #24 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:45 am

zedman wrote:whos the new coach bulldog?

i will stay with my comments re those kilburn players, if as you say the kilburn team was filled with all A grade players why did they win nothing???..if they are that good why didnt they win a game..and they must be real loyal players to, jumping ship as it goes down..money can buy players but it doesnt buy a team bonding, loyalty or team morale..what had bomber done wrong to not the get the job again?..i think there will be rumblings at greenies this year..stay tuned

The bad year last year was down to a few things. We didn't lose lots of players, but four of the ones we lost were as good as going around in div 2. Probably didn't realise how much we relied on them. The effect snowballed in combination with injuries we probably lost our heads a bit. I know you'll say this makes a bad footballers but some of the guys going to Greenacres would be walk up starters in div 1. Their confidence will be sky high playing in a low division and they should tear it up. Loyalty can mean lots of things and these players would say they're being loyal to the coach> It's easy to judge someone you don't know on the internet. Danny Ryan is an enigmatic figure and has the respect of anyone who he's played for or against.

Agree that there might be rumblings. People who get recruited to a club don't want to play B grade, but neither do guys that have hung around from previous years. Could be difficult to manage. By the way, how did you pull the $35K figure out? Are you the club's accountant?
Andy #24
Under 18s

Postby zedman » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:32 pm

the $35k is spot on...many ppl have told me that figure..nice way to rip the guts out of a classic old club like kilburn..nothing worse than a coach leaving when its tough...but when he takes half the team with him as well its just bad play in my book..and shows no loyalty to their old club, coaches come and go but clubs are always there..looks to tough..lets all move on..guess they want to be a big fish in a little pond..that will improve their football im sure..mixing it with A5 players, LOL..still havent told me what bomber did wrong to lose the job???
zedman
Coach

Postby Andy #24 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:41 pm

zedman wrote:the $35k is spot on...many ppl have told me that figure..nice way to rip the guts out of a classic old club like kilburn..nothing worse than a coach leaving when its tough...but when he takes half the team with him as well its just bad play in my book..and shows no loyalty to their old club, coaches come and go but clubs are always there..looks to tough..lets all move on..guess they want to be a big fish in a little pond..that will improve their football im sure..mixing it with A5 players, LOL..still havent told me what bomber did wrong to lose the job???

That's all rubbish mate. The club decided to get Steve O'Conner to coach and because Danny wanted to coach he had to go elswhere. Kilburn will still be strong and look like having a great team anyway, so although we'd like to keep those guys it won't affect how we go this year. I'll tell you know those guys will take it as an affront to play div 5 and will only be doing so because they believe they will be going up rapidly. Maybe they can make it to div 1 two years after us ha ha. Many people have told you $35 K? Many people have told me you are an idiot, could they be wrong? People who actually know these things tend not to blab them about so that it can be posted on the internet.
Andy #24
Under 18s

Postby Punk Rooster » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:49 pm

have I got this right- Kilburn players are leaving en masse to Greenacres, who are allegedly throwing good coin around?
No surprise if that's the case, as they recieve benefits for their arrangement with NAFC re; Grand North
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby stan » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:18 pm

Punk Rooster wrote:have I got this right- Kilburn players are leaving en masse to Greenacres, who are allegedly throwing good coin around?
No surprise if that's the case, as they recieve benefits for their arrangement with NAFC re; Grand North

The benifit that Greens recieve is not an on going one. I do believe it will end soon, so I hope they have used that money to better there future.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby zedman » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:37 pm

andy dont blow a stack mate...calling me an idiot because i dont agree with you must be the kilburn way..cant we have a debate without personal remarks??

so..the 12 players going to greenacres are all A grade players and have now left kilburn, yet you say kilburn will be fine..wouldnt that hurt to lose 12 players of A grade standard..im confused now..u lose players yet you will be stronger..meh??
zedman
Coach

Postby zedman » Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:39 pm

its common knowledge what the gaming room gives to greenacres, anyone involved knows the figure..
zedman
Coach

Postby Start » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:07 pm

I am pretty certain the Greenacres have $25k on player payments plus coaching fee. North pay a fee to greenarces to lease the Grand North. Has for Ryan's departure from Kilburn, it would be fair to say that Knights didnt progress under Ryan for the 2 seasons he had them and were relegated to div 3 this year. Any responsible committee would have to look at the coach, as that is where the buck stops.

I am sure that Ryan will guide the Dragons up to div 4 this season, and probadly a good move for him has far as coaching another club rather than Kilburn.
Start
Under 16s

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:18 pm

Getting belted in div 2 by over 200 points at times would not say that it is much to defend. We have 3 blokes at Kenilworth that would walk in to most div 1 sides (Couple more if they were in their prime),Think the best way you can differentuate a good side from an average side is the last 6 players in your team not the first 6-10. If your team does not gel it will not play well,look at North Haven this year,probably throwing more coin around than most div 2 clubs and they just crawled into the 5 in div 4. Some of the players might get a shock in div 5 aswell,not as bad as many may think.Good luck to Greenacres,but lets not get too caried away as it is only October lol
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 773 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Bully » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:13 pm

zedman wrote:whos the new coach bulldog?

just like to say we have a new coach, im not going to name him/them or whateva will wait till the season gets closer till i say something.
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:16 pm

Start wrote:I am pretty certain the Greenacres have $25k on player payments plus coaching fee. North pay a fee to greenarces to lease the Grand North. Has for Ryan's departure from Kilburn, it would be fair to say that Knights didnt progress under Ryan for the 2 seasons he had them and were relegated to div 3 this year. Any responsible committee would have to look at the coach, as that is where the buck stops.

I am sure that Ryan will guide the Dragons up to div 4 this season, and probadly a good move for him has far as coaching another club rather than Kilburn.

if a club is throwing or has been given $25k $35k or whateva the dollar is then they must feel unsecure in any divison or are in so much trouble they use the dollars to get them out of it. good luck to greenacres, very interesting if they get relegated after the dollars flying around there 8)
Bully
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:07 am

Don't think any club has been relegated after throwing that around. C'mon Matt give us the goss?? Ill get it from my miss' friends anyway and put it on here. It's not the AFL :lol:
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 773 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby mighty hounds » Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:33 pm

just interested to see wat every1 predicitons for the upcoming season is. the teams who should go alright and the ones that may struggle?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Andy #24 » Sat Oct 27, 2007 9:04 pm

zedman wrote:\so..the 12 players going to greenacres are all A grade players and have now left kilburn, yet you say kilburn will be fine..wouldnt that hurt to lose 12 players of A grade standard..im confused now..u lose players yet you will be stronger..meh??

Kilburn will be fine because recruiting has started strongly and people off field are working hard to get us back up the divisions.
Andy #24
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League