SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Yank Man » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:44 am

marbles wrote:so no sign of morrel :)

the vales strike back, interesting score line, are the owls suddenly the real deal?

congrats to the crabs too

AV treated the game like a GF and all credit to them, every player that has respect for their club turned up and played accordingly. Just shows that if the commitment is there you can build on it. Well done lads and Mickey G you are a star and a great lad.

No excuses from us but that was probably the worst team MP have put on the deck for a very long time and shows also that if you are not committed you get what you deserve. :(
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Roaring Lion! » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:10 am

Congrats to Fitzroy's Ressies Captain Liam 'Mad Dog' McEgan on reaching 250 x games yesterday for the Lions.
Also to Fitzroy's A Grade Captain Matty Nelson who is now the Club Games Record Holder after playing his 332 game & moving past Greg Obst.
Awesome effort by both these boys.
IT'S US AGAINST THEM!!!
Roaring Lion!
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jetters wrote:I don't have anything I need to respond to. I don't think anyone has disagreed with what I've said, just that they don't like hearing it. If I was the CU coach who probably is doing a lot of work to fix the situation I wouldn't like hearing it either, doesn't make it any less true.

Why am I commenting? Because there is too much bullshit Div 6/lower division goodwill between you lot and it makes me just a little bit nauseous and what a boring place this would be if someone didn't call you on said bullshit.

Do you go to McDonalds and order "sad meals"?

He wouldn't go to Maccas, that's only for people in the lower divisions.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Arch44 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:42 pm

Good to catch up with Dario and Adrian Gruber yesterday at Lockleys and having a chuckle watching them disagree with each other. Funny stuff and great blokes.
Reckon there is a couple in their Bgrade that should be playing Agrade footy.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby Alan » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Went and watched Rossies v Fitzroy, I reckon Mr Ed #11 for Fitzroy wont be gracing the field again this year - filthy act. #2 lucky not to be reported. Fitzroy killed em in the last quarter
Alan

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Henley

Postby Jetters » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:10 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jetters wrote:I don't have anything I need to respond to. I don't think anyone has disagreed with what I've said, just that they don't like hearing it. If I was the CU coach who probably is doing a lot of work to fix the situation I wouldn't like hearing it either, doesn't make it any less true.

Why am I commenting? Because there is too much bullshit Div 6/lower division goodwill between you lot and it makes me just a little bit nauseous and what a boring place this would be if someone didn't call you on said bullshit.

Do you guys order the King Hit Combo Dogwatcher?
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Footy Chick » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Get out.. stop stirring trouble, trouble :?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:32 pm

Alan wrote:Went and watched Rossies v Fitzroy, I reckon Mr Ed #11 for Fitzroy wont be gracing the field again this year - filthy act. #2 lucky not to be reported. Fitzroy killed em in the last quarter

Agreed and we were rubbish all day
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:34 pm

Jetters wrote:Do you guys order the King Hit Combo Dogwatcher?

It's called a "Coward Punch" these days, come on man keep up with the times :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby wassprinttospace » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:54 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:BOS d Ingle Farm by about 3 goals. Was a pretty high standard game, played at a quick pace - umpires definitely struggled for fitness keeping up!

Good fight back by Ingle Farm after looking like it might blow out in the last when BOS took it to about an 8 goal lead, but Ingle Farm continued to fight and ran out the game well.

Blackfriars use of the ball by foot at times was first class, even their B grade had some wonderful users of the ball.

29 for IF almost caused a single handed boil over in the last quarter - did he kick his 4 goals in the last?
Was a good game of footy.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:09 pm

wassprinttospace wrote:29 for IF almost caused a single handed boil over in the last quarter - did he kick his 4 goals in the last?
Was a good game of footy.

Think he kicked 2 in the last, Hancock 2 and Creek 1. His ability to kick the ball half a mile is definitely a weapon, and helped drive Ingle Farm into attack - I'm still in awe over his one step barrel from the wing boundary inside 50 haha!

Was indeed a very good game, I dare say there would be some sore bodies today, was a quick pace, physical contest.

Actually on that, back when I first started playing senior footy and for a long period (even now), people would always throw out the "college sides are soft, college sides don't like tough footy" etc etc.. BOS definitely didn't fit that stereotype! :D
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:27 am

Jetters wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Do you guys order the King Hit Combo Dogwatcher?

We're much healthier than that, Jetters.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:52 am

Ladder after Round 17:
30 - Blackfriars 67.09%
28 - West Croydon 64.82%
26 - Ingle Farm 69.21%
24 - Rosewater 67.36%
18 - Fitzroy 60.83%
--------------------------------------------------
18 - Lockleys 56.38%
07 - Central United
06 - Mawson Lakes
02 - Angle Vale 15.06%
02 - Mitchell Park 14.41%

Div 6R
30 - Rosewater 77.64%
30 - Lockleys 74.11%
28 - Ingle Farm 70.69%
24 - West Croydon
18 - Mawson Lakes
----------------------------------------------
14 - Fitzroy
08 - Blackfriars
05 - Central United
04 - Flinders Uni
00 - Angle Vale

Round 18:
Rosewater v Central United
West Croydon v Fitzroy
Mawson Lakes v Angle Vale
Mitchell Park v Blackfriars
Ingle Farm v Lockleys
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby morell » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:08 am

Yank Man wrote:
marbles wrote:so no sign of morrel :)

the vales strike back, interesting score line, are the owls suddenly the real deal?

congrats to the crabs too

AV treated the game like a GF and all credit to them, every player that has respect for their club turned up and played accordingly. Just shows that if the commitment is there you can build on it. Well done lads and Mickey G you are a star and a great lad.

No excuses from us but that was probably the worst team MP have put on the deck for a very long time and shows also that if you are not committed you get what you deserve. :(
I dont often post on the weekend unless there is something extraordinary going on marbles you turnip.

Absolutely, Yanky. Good on the Owl lads, they thoroughly deserved the win and hopefully they had a good night! Some good players out there, not going to need too many tops up from that side to be very competitive in D7 next year.

For our guys, they put the guernsey on and we played out the game, for that they should at least hold their heads up. To be brutally honest a large portion of the team that played would have struggled to get a game in our C Grade last year.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:12 am

Massive round in the A grade with the only certainties being 1 and 10: Blackfriars - Minor Premiers and Mitchell Park - Wooden Spoon

Fitzroy & Lockleys continue to fight for 5th spot, the Lions now in the commanding position to play finals after their upset win over Rosewater. Improved percentage in recent weeks has them well clear of Lockleys who will be looking to knock off Ingle Farm this week.

Farmers: will be hoping Fitzroy can beat West Croydon so that can hopefully steal back 2nd place.
West Croydon: will be hoping Lockleys can upset Ingle Farm.
Lockleys: will be hoping West Croydon can smash Fitzroy so they can have a shot at regaining 5th spot.
Fitzroy: will be hoping Ingle Farm can smash Lockley.
Rosewater: will be hoping Lockleys beat Ingle Farm and convincingly to try and steal that double chance.
Blackfriars: will be hoping all the sides below them belt the crap out of each other as they fight for position heading into finals.

Div 6R:
Ingle Farm v Lockleys will be the match of the round, both battling for that ellusive 2nd spot. Lockleys look to have the upper hand in holding that spot with an improved percentage. Ingle Farm haven't been in impressive form of late, but returned to the winners circle on the weekend with a tough victory over the improved BOS. One thing is certain, these two sides will meet each other the following week in the final, both will be desperate to stamp their authority. It is possible that these two sides may even meet more than once in the finals which means they'll get to know each other very well over the coming month!

Rosewater should beat Central United convincingly. Perfect result for Rosewater, will get the week off next week, but they'll be hoping that results fall their way in the A grade, which could see Rosewater 'A' hosting the A grade elimination final but also the Lockleys v Ingle Farm final as well, which would give them a fantastic opportunity to study the opposition while enjoying the week off.

West Croydon I think will beat Fitzroy in the B grade this week, and will be priming themselves up for a possible home elimination final v Mawson Lakes.

Predictions for Finals Week 1:
A Grade (Fawk Reserve) West Croydon v Ingle Farm
B Grade (Fawk Reserve) West Croydon v Mawson Lakes

A Grade (East/West Oval) Rosewater v Fitzroy
B Grade (East/West Oval) Lockleys v Ingle Farm

A Grade Bye: Blackfriars
B Grade Bye: Rosewater
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:44 am

Was at Fitzroy Oval to watch the Rosies v Fitzroy game, with a fair bit on the line for both sides finals positioning I was expecting a good game.. Well, fair to say that didnt happen.. Fitzroys run was superior to Rosies without doubt, but the skills by foot for Rosies was sub-par which ended up being the diiference. I watched on closely at Rosewater, and couldnt find any semblance of a game plan, no structures defensively, they looked to be severely under coached to be honest.. The direct instruction at qtr time to 'Stop bloody playing on so much' was baffling, couldnt believe my ears.. Raynor had a day out and not once was it addressed by the coaching staff, who seemed more interested in what the umpires were doing than what there players or the Fitzroy players were doing.. They now likely face them again next week end in an Elimination final and have some work to do to turn it around thats for sure..

Number 11 mr Ed or whatever his name is was reported for an incident about 50m off the bal which only thwe boundary umpire saw, but it put the bloke who he hit out of the game with concussionso that doesnt bode well, but since I havent spoken to anyone who saw it, and I didnt see it myself, it will be an interesting adjudication process
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:14 am

human_torpedo wrote:Was at Fitzroy Oval to watch the Rosies v Fitzroy game, with a fair bit on the line for both sides finals positioning I was expecting a good game.. Well, fair to say that didnt happen.. Fitzroys run was superior to Rosies without doubt, but the skills by foot for Rosies was sub-par which ended up being the diiference. I watched on closely at Rosewater, and couldnt find any semblance of a game plan, no structures defensively, they looked to be severely under coached to be honest.. The direct instruction at qtr time to 'Stop bloody playing on so much' was baffling, couldnt believe my ears.. Raynor had a day out and not once was it addressed by the coaching staff, who seemed more interested in what the umpires were doing than what there players or the Fitzroy players were doing.. They now likely face them again next week end in an Elimination final and have some work to do to turn it around thats for sure..

Number 11 mr Ed or whatever his name is was reported for an incident about 50m off the bal which only thwe boundary umpire saw, but it put the bloke who he hit out of the game with concussionso that doesnt bode well, but since I havent spoken to anyone who saw it, and I didnt see it myself, it will be an interesting adjudication process

It's always tough playing at Mt. Fitzroy.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby human_torpedo » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:31 am

The slope on the oval is outrageous
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:34 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Was at Fitzroy Oval to watch the Rosies v Fitzroy game, with a fair bit on the line for both sides finals positioning I was expecting a good game.. Well, fair to say that didnt happen.. Fitzroys run was superior to Rosies without doubt, but the skills by foot for Rosies was sub-par which ended up being the diiference. I watched on closely at Rosewater, and couldnt find any semblance of a game plan, no structures defensively, they looked to be severely under coached to be honest.. The direct instruction at qtr time to 'Stop bloody playing on so much' was baffling, couldnt believe my ears.. Raynor had a day out and not once was it addressed by the coaching staff, who seemed more interested in what the umpires were doing than what there players or the Fitzroy players were doing.. They now likely face them again next week end in an Elimination final and have some work to do to turn it around thats for sure..

It's always tough playing at Mt. Fitzroy.

Always strained a hamstring at the 'dome' :roll:
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:11 pm

heater31 wrote:

Always strained a hamstring at the 'dome' :roll:

I was quite zippy running towards the goals. quick to dispose of the ball from the backlines though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League