Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: Amateur League Looking at taking over Junior Football

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Nowhere did they mention Kenilworth FC, massive over reaction.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 3606 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:07 pm

Dutchy wrote:Nowhere did they mention Kenilworth FC, massive over reaction.

Plympton have sent out a similar email so they also felt the need. Could see both teams in the Channel 7 footage
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:25 pm

Obviously not involved with clubs at committee level then Dutch? People jump to conclusions these days.

Given this is the MSJFL I think it's another club that should be also issuing a similar statement.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:32 pm

There is a reason why these statements were made, nothing much else needs to be said as it's in the hands of higher authorities. If you have any more questions feel free to call the contacts at both clubs mentioned. It wasn't an over-reaction and puts club members at ease. Well done to both clubs who issued statements and other clubs for co-operating.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:36 pm

Brodlach wrote:

Plympton have sent out a similar email so they also felt the need. Could see both teams in the Channel 7 footage

They played in that league didn't they?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 3606 times

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:28 pm

This is interesting if its true

I've been told that the NEMJFA people have asked the SAAFL people to merge before the SANFL take over all junior footy once and for all.

Apparently a few SAAFL clubs have said to NEMJFA HQ that if they have to merge with anyone, lets merge with the same league our seniors are affiliated with, or something to that effect.

If there's a grain of truth to it, I'm tipping the SAAFL/SANFL relationship might get a tad strained if the junior clubs tell their senior clubs to tell HQ that’s what they want, instead of going with the SANFL – if that makes sense.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1745 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:48 am

Could lead to some interesting conversations between the leagues?????????
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:57 am

Did the championship games go ahead as was used as a selling point in the initial proposal?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby twobob » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:32 am

wassprinttospace wrote:
Mr Onions wrote:If you can't make the first 22 on grand final day maybe start looking for another club. I know there are a number of clubs out there that are happy to take your subs and then string you along by telling you to keep training but you never really get a whole lot of game time. Even when you do get selected most of your game will be on the bench. There are plenty of clubs who will give you plenty of game time and are great clubs to be involved with. Sometimes parents won't take their kids to a certain club because of certain reputations of the seniors. I think in many cases the juniors is run by people who are fairly separate from the senior side and do a great job. Reputation is something that hangs with your club for a very long time even after you make many changes and it becomes a great environment for juniors. At the end of the day all your kid wants to do is play footy so take the time to look into the clubs around you. You will find that many great people are running these junior clubs.

So every club should just have a list of 22 - not sure that would work. Our under 13's all got equal games and equal game time during the season with a squad of 27. That's down to excellent management by the coaches and team manager and not just focusing on the scoreboard. They lost 4 of their 13 minor round games.

In the end this squad won the GF and all were awarded a medal including the 3 who did not get to play. Credit to them and their parents for ensuring they were still there on the day when they could have said stuff this i'm not really part of it. I've seen that in senior footy on GF day which is is ordinary.

These are 12/13 year olds. I am as competitive as the next person but what i saw on Sunday made me think is this the way it should be. My son played and i was so pleased for him and all his team mates - all 26 of them!

A squad of 28 is plenty to be running in each grade. There are clubs that are holding onto a lot more players than that
twobob
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Wudinna United

Postby locky801 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Footy Chick wrote:This is interesting if its true

I've been told that the NEMJFA people have asked the SAAFL people to merge before the SANFL take over all junior footy once and for all.

Apparently a few SAAFL clubs have said to NEMJFA HQ that if they have to merge with anyone, lets merge with the same league our seniors are affiliated with, or something to that effect.

If there's a grain of truth to it, I'm tipping the SAAFL/SANFL relationship might get a tad strained if the junior clubs tell their senior clubs to tell HQ that’s what they want, instead of going with the SANFL – if that makes sense.

Have heard a NEMJFA meeting has been called re this as a matter of urgency. Not sure what developments have occurred
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3784 times
Been liked: 1181 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:23 pm

SAAFL won't be taking on NEMJFA, they've been taken over by the SANFL because they allegedly threatened to disaffiliate the SAAFL if they took them on.

I believe they get to keep their current structure this year but will have to abide by SANFL rules in 2018.

That's about as much as I think i know. :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1745 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:18 am

Done & dusted from what I was told from a NAFC official last night. Was on the turps but according to him NEMJFA is no more.
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby locky801 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:Done & dusted from what I was told from a NAFC official last night. Was on the turps but according to him NEMJFA is no more.

wouldn't believe anything that comes out of persons mouths involved in that club :oops:
locky801
Coach

Postby Pag » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:19 am

According to our junior secretary who was at the meeting, the majority vote was for the SANFL, but with the condition that U6s and U7s are maintained for at least the next two seasons.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby locky801 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:23 am

Appears correct, advised a short time ago Broadview Juniors to the SANFL next season, guess it is the end of the NEMJFA as we know it. Presume all others going as well

Have been a fantastic base for Junior Footy for many many years, well done to all those involved
locky801
Coach

Postby concerned fan » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:57 pm

Footy Chick wrote:SAAFL won't be taking on NEMJFA, they've been taken over by the SANFL because they allegedly threatened to disaffiliate the SAAFL if they took them on.

I believe they get to keep their current structure this year but will have to abide by SANFL rules in 2018.

NEMJFA clubs voted to go to SANFL after successful negotiations that clubs get to keep under 6/7 competition for 2017/8 and a fair review for 2019 also nemjfa clubs get to play under same rules as they did in 2016 in all grades from under 6 to under 16.5 yrs i would say a great result knowing that the nemjfa association has over the past 9 years introduced anywhere from 400 to 700 new under 6 players every year (hard to argue it does not work)
concerned fan
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Ditchy » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:10 pm

concerned fan wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:SAAFL won't be taking on NEMJFA, they've been taken over by the SANFL because they allegedly threatened to disaffiliate the SAAFL if they took them on.

NEMJFA clubs voted to go to SANFL after successful negotiations that clubs get to keep under 6/7 competition for 2017/8 and a fair review for 2019 also nemjfa clubs get to play under same rules as they did in 2016 in all grades from under 6 to under 16.5 yrs i would say a great result knowing that the nemjfa association has over the past 9 years introduced anywhere from 400 to 700 new under 6 players every year (hard to argue it does not work)

Sad to see 60 odd years of the NEMJFA gone. The meeting was good for junior footy moving forward with all junior leagues coming under the SANFL. Most people at the meeting were happy that if anyone was going to take them over it was the SANFL and not the CH9 mob
Ditchy

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby locky801 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:03 pm

Ditchy wrote:
concerned fan wrote:

Sad to see 60 odd years of the NEMJFA gone. The meeting was good for junior footy moving forward with all junior leagues coming under the SANFL. Most people at the meeting were happy that if anyone was going to take them over it was the SANFL and not the CH9 mob

Guess we wait and see what happens. Know a couple of clubs that went into the SANFL comp rated it very highly, will only be an observer as far is it goes in 2017 as my lad has moved on to the Seniors
locky801
Coach

Postby gadj1976 » Sun May 07, 2017 7:53 pm

The standard of umpiring that we were promised has been deplorable at best.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun May 07, 2017 8:03 pm

Thought the two weeks we have had the umpires have been good; in a win and a loss
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League