SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 27, 2014 3:54 pm

The Riddler wrote:Or you could try getting a life!

Over rated pal
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 27, 2014 3:54 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Anyone happen to catch the intellectually challenged lad tossing the coin at the Port power game. I heard he was from Ingle Farm. I thought it was a really nice touch. :)

Geez that narrows it down :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Tue May 27, 2014 3:58 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:Anyone happen to catch the intellectually challenged lad tossing the coin at the Port power game. I heard he was from Ingle Farm. I thought it was a really nice touch. :)

I heard MBK was the first choice but he got a little boo-boo on Saturday and was too embarrassed to go out to the centre.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 27, 2014 4:00 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

I heard MBK was the first choice but he got a little boo-boo on Saturday and was too embarrassed to go out to the centre.

I heard PG put his hand up to toss the coin but couldn't find it's little willy ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue May 27, 2014 4:01 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Too soon...

Went to all the effort of buying tickets & was in no shape to go :(
At least Port won :D
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Footy Chick wrote:I heard PG put his hand up to toss the coin but couldn't find it's little willy ;)

... riiiiiiiiight...

Leave the comedy to the funny people Ms ;)
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue May 27, 2014 4:06 pm

MBK you gonna keep annoying sam naylor to play or what you gotta keep on him and must say gotta love the swagger he has also top bloke
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 27, 2014 4:08 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:MBK you gonna keep annoying sam naylor to play or what you gotta keep on him and must say gotta love the swagger he has also top bloke

Come on Troll, keep up with the times:
naylor.JPG
naylor.JPG (16.82 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Q. » Tue May 27, 2014 4:13 pm

You sure you're not talking about the intellectually challenged midget with dreads that Sam Lane interviewed at half time?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:I heard PG put his hand up to toss the coin but couldn't find it's little willy ;)

... riiiiiiiiight...

Leave the comedy to the funny people Ms ;)

You think I unbanned you for any other reason ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue May 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:MBK you gonna keep annoying sam naylor to play or what you gotta keep on him and must say gotta love the swagger he has also top bloke

naylor.JPG

P.G im talking about this week heard he changed his mind again he has better things to chase after then a football
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue May 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

naylor.JPG

P.G im talking about this week heard he changed his mind again he has better things to chase after then a football

There is no chase when Sam Naylor is involved
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue May 27, 2014 4:43 pm

I see James Bain has kicked 22 goals in two weeks for the Units, and averaging above 5 goals per game.

With the return of the legendary S. Holland and Woodward, the Units look a dangerous side, should push for the 5.

On a side note, on the Sportingpulse site, why is there '(i)' next to Brad Woodwards name? :?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Informer » Tue May 27, 2014 4:45 pm

Not sure if im right, but if he was named as Interchange when u put the teams in, it shows that?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Footy Smart » Tue May 27, 2014 4:58 pm

Q. wrote:You sure you're not talking about the intellectually challenged midget with dreads that Sam Lane interviewed at half time?

:D the midget Chance Bateman look a like from Box Hill?
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Q. » Tue May 27, 2014 5:13 pm

Footy Smart wrote:
Q. wrote:You sure you're not talking about the intellectually challenged midget with dreads that Sam Lane interviewed at half time?

:D the midget Chance Bateman look a like from Box Hill?

That's the one! You could feel Sam's sugar walls drying up at the very sight of him.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby morell » Tue May 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:With all due respect morell, I think you are looking at the concerns & challenges at Mitchell Park far to extremely.
PG, we're nearly dead. We have to look at these issues extremely. Trying not to be hyperbolic but I am seriously worried we will fold next year. I doubt the nucleus of this years side will want to go around again unless things change dramatically.

Phantom Gossiper wrote:You aren't the only club that has these similar issues, you talk about big business sponsors, wealthy families and no revenue from the sporting club, but perhaps instead of looking at things you dont have you could look at ways to minimise the impact not having these things has?
We have! Multiple times:

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Examples of things other clubs do:
Player Sponsors - put the onus back on the player, draft up a package and get them to go out and hit up their boss or friend or who ever to pay their fees. Add a little bit extra in the amount so the club makes something from it. Tax deductible, good selling point and the pressure is off the player to come up with the money, allowing them to spend money at the club when they can.
Tried this. Didn't work.

We are a club full of people who run their own trade business, are unemployed or aren't in a position to ask anyone for a spare ciggy let alone a few hunge in sponsorship. We are living in tough economic times. Its simply not realistic for us to expect players to find and procure sponsorship for themselves.

Even still, we only have 30 ish players, not exactly a massive pool of sponsorship dollars. Even if everyone brings in $50, its still only $1,500.

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Resources - I know Kilburn have players from country sides (used to i should say) train with them during the week. Kilburn made the club pay a sum of money for the season to allow these players to train with them and use their facilities and the club had to also supply a football for each player.
We don’t have anyone train with us. Why would they? The oval is in darkness and there is only 10-15 blokes training.

We do go alright getting events and parties done at the club, but, that’s the sporting club, not the football club.

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Reputation - difficult area, and something Ingle Farm struggled with for a long time as well (prob still do). As much as you dislike it, small disciplines like wearing slacks, looking and acting more professional can affect the way others perceive you.
We have made massive strides in this area. I would like to think the majority of educated football people understand we’re not the same club from 15 years ago.

Yeah I get a few of our guys are a bit rough around the edges, but what do you do? Tell them to dress nicer and cover their tatts? That’s going to really keep them at the club and we will go from 30 blokes to 20.

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Lighting - I know a few years back the Mitchell Park Rugby League club had a sponsor who provided those light towers they use for road works etc for training. That was the extent of their sponsorship requirements and the league club gave them save deal as any other major sponsor. Perhaps this could be an option?
We have had temporary lights set up on occasion, it proved to be quite costly. Really, its Council’s job to maintain their asset, they should be providing those facilities, I think they’re sitting on their hands until the redevelopment kicks off.

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Bar takings - unfortunately I think more clubs than not affiliated with sporting clubs wouldnt receive the takings, however do then rely on the Sporting club to maintain/upgrade etc the facilities as needed.. lighting would be included in this.
Yeah we are starting to get a bit more return for our dollar from the Sporting Club, since Kylie has taken over. She understands and is actively changing things. Despite people like Jetters claiming she is incompetent.

In my opinion, and I would say the opinions of just about everyone I have spoken to, if it’s a football club function or evening, the takings after costs and what not are taken out should belong to the football club. Ditto for the other delegates. At the moment when I buy a can of coke, a lot of the money is going to support clubs I have no association with - I think that’s unfair. I have been and will continue to lobby the powers that be to implement change in this area.

This is the difference between having money to spend on football and not. It’s that critical. The are other costs savings that I know we can implement here to assist with ensuring there is more cream on the cupcake at the end of the evening as well, but it will take time. The previous Sporting Club committee I would say were almost bordering on being anti Footy, despite the fact we were the main component of their existence. That is changing.

jo172 wrote:I'd agree, a word of caution @morell (i suspect you're not under this delusion, but just in case) the bar takings are in all likelihood not a silver bullet. Whilst we'd love to be able to hold onto our bar profits even in that event after the Kings ransom charged by the Council and ETSA there's not a huge amount outstanding.
Agree completely. For us we have a lot of our affairs in quite tidy order. We really do. Its just not enough to be able to have a budget to get some more quality people in the door. And I don’t necessarily mean players. I would rather spend money on junior development than mercenaries at the senior level. Have to build sustainability, not insta-success.

Having said that we have to survive until the juniors kick in, and I said to PG we're nearly dead, so I suspect there will be some sort of incentive for players next year and beyond. For that we probably only need $10k to be competitive again in D7, so we don’t need a lot to begin rebuilding. Bar takings would solve that problem almost instantly I suspect. Plus, with more people in the door, the bar takings go up, then your budget goes up, then you can start to really build the foundations of a solid football program whilst we’re waiting for the juniors to push through to the seniors.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Yank Man » Tue May 27, 2014 5:20 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I see James Bain has kicked 22 goals in two weeks for the Units, and averaging above 5 goals per game.

With the return of the legendary S. Holland and Woodward, the Units look a dangerous side, should push for the 5.

On a side note, on the Sportingpulse site, why is there '(i)' next to Brad Woodwards name? :?

The return of Dutchy ads on field leadership as well, with him and Grogan forward it gives the units the flex to rotate Bain and Woodward in the mid and rest up forward. CU look very dangerous and I was surprised quite frankly as to how young they are. Good platform to build on and showed good discipline too. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Tue May 27, 2014 5:24 pm

Bain was very good. Did a couple of special things. A handful for any club as he is tall enough to take a grab against the smaller defenders but way to smart and quick for the dopey lugs down back.

Difficult matchup...
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue May 27, 2014 5:24 pm

The return of Dutchy ads on field leadership as well, with him and Grogan forward it gives the units the flex to rotate Bain and Woodward in the mid and rest up forward. CU look very dangerous and I was surprised quite frankly as to how young they are. Good platform to build on and showed good discipline too. ;)[/quote]
No matter who's in. Its going to be a hard fought match.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League