5%
West Croydon
No votes
Woodville South
5%

Total votes : 42

Re: 2023 Adelaide Footy League - Division 5

Postby one day I will » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:04 pm

I’ve heard a few times now that there will only be one team going up and one going down this year due to more SFL teams entering the league.
Any truth to this ?
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Chappy » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:19 pm

one day I will wrote:I’ve heard a few times now that there will only be one team going up and one going down this year due to more SFL teams entering the league.
Any truth to this ?

Heard the same, But through a very unreliable bloke. Type of bloke that makes 20 predictions and gets 1 or 2 correct.
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby wenchbarwer » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:28 pm

Chappy wrote:
one day I will wrote:I’ve heard a few times now that there will only be one team going up and one going down this year due to more SFL teams entering the league.
Any truth to this ?

Heard the same, But through a very unreliable bloke. Type of bloke that makes 20 predictions and gets 1 or 2 correct.

Any teams named?
wenchbarwer
Under 18s

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 94 times

Postby Chappy » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:36 pm

wenchbarwer wrote:
Chappy wrote:
Any truth to this ?

Any teams named?

Not fair to name as I think its some pretty poor information. Neither of the three front runners.
Chappy
Rookie

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby the smokey » Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:52 pm

Chappy wrote:
wenchbarwer wrote:
Chappy wrote:
Any truth to this ?

Any teams named?

Not fair to name as I think its some pretty poor information. Neither of the three front runners.

One might be a club that has their women's sides play in the Adel footy league instead of the SFL women's comp.....Just a thought
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:01 pm

[quote="the smokey"][quote="Chappy"][quote="wenchbarwer"][quote="Chappy"][quote="one day I will"]I’ve heard a few times now that there will only be one team going up and one going down this year due to more SFL teams entering the league.
Any truth to this ?

One might be a club that has their women's sides play in the Adel footy league instead of the SFL women's comp.....Just a thought

Happy Valley???
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:45 pm

Slow news day. There is normally a lot more substance to clubs shifting leagues rather than a couple random rumours flying around.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:57 pm

Chappy wrote:
Any truth to this ?

One up and one down gives the same result as two up and two down. It would need to be one up and two down to create a space for a new club.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:19 pm

The Old Fellow wrote:
Chappy wrote:
Any truth to this ?

One up and one down gives the same result as two up and two down. It would need to be one up and two down to create a space for a new club.

Wont happen. If it was even in a structured conversation or in consideration there would be enormous top level conversations occurring regarding the viability of the SFL. It’s not as easy as saying “Yep, they are in”. Morphettville Park, Marion, Hackham an Lonsdale all realistically are suited the SAAFL. Structurally with a full contingent of Saturday juniors it makes zero sense any current SFL club to join the ammo’s. The standard of their A grade dropping away over the last 20 years is a different conversation…
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:01 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
The Old Fellow wrote:
Chappy wrote:
Any truth to this ?

Wont happen. If it was even in a structured conversation or in consideration there would be enormous top level conversations occurring regarding the viability of the SFL. It’s not as easy as saying “Yep, they are in”. Morphettville Park, Marion, Hackham an Lonsdale all realistically are suited the SAAFL. Structurally with a full contingent of Saturday juniors it makes zero sense any current SFL club to join the ammo’s. The standard of their A grade dropping away over the last 20 years is a different conversation…

I am not indicating that it will or might happen. Just pointing out the rumour of one up, one down can't hold any weight as it achieves nothing.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Old_mate21 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:16 pm

No longer undefeated
Old_mate21
Rookie

Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby Tablesturn » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:33 pm

Apparently some Clown from Elizabeth lost the plot at West Croydon today.
Punched a few players, wrestled his own trainers on the field, broke the interchange box & king hit the West Croydon Coach on the way past.
Causing a brawl.
Disgusting display of Thuggery from EFC
Tablesturn
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Armchair expert » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:56 pm

Tablesturn wrote:Apparently some Clown from Elizabeth lost the plot at West Croydon today.
Punched a few players, wrestled his own trainers on the field, broke the interchange box & king hit the West Croydon Coach on the way past.
Causing a brawl.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I will be back on September 27
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 1456 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Brainfade » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:53 pm

Tablesturn wrote:Apparently some Clown from Elizabeth lost the plot at West Croydon today.
Causing a brawl.

EFC as a club we’re pretty good about it all.
Number 7 however, made a fool of himself & showed no respect to his own club.
Brainfade
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby PortPower2018 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:03 pm

Dartfish catch any of it?
PortPower2018

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:08 am

Causing a brawl.

It's not quite how dartfish shows it
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7946 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:13 am

Really didn’t look stuff all in it.. but 22 from West Croydon with a couple cheeky ones might be in strife.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4053 times

Postby The Bedge » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:15 am

PortPower2018 wrote:Dartfish catch any of it?

63 min mark.

Rather soft looking free kick, player stands over the guy on the ground, two WC guys step in he pushes them back, they come back couple little jumper punches, they fold like a deck of cards then bit of a scuffle and #7 gets sent off
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4053 times

Postby Hector » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Causing a brawl.

It's not quite how dartfish shows it

Don't ruin a good story!
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 33 times

Postby one day I will » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:54 am

As a member of the EFC, I will say this. And by all means, we as a club certainly DO NOT condone this type of behaviour at all and the player will be stood down effective immediately. There were a few umpiring calls that lead up to this incident which caused an outburst of frustration by this certain player.
As mentioned above by others, there wasn’t much to look at on the field accept WC players giving a few in the contest which is to be expected to some degree. :roll:
The EFC player came off the field and cracked the shits hitting the already broken tin box we had to sit in.
Then WC started mouthing off at him and he approached their coaches box in anger. There may of been a small push and shove by the player and spectators but it was all blown over within 5 minutes and all moved on. Certainly no brawl haha, gotta love it!!!!
Apologies to the ADFL and WC FC.

Although, WCFC can you please stop approaching our better players after the game and offering money for them to come play for you.
Great strategy if you have money to spend this year or next year, But come on this happened in Round 7 and that player left for the money. And now doing it again.
Do they do this to anyone else?
one day I will
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League