8%
SMOSH West Lakes
4%
Walkerville
26%

Total votes : 129

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2013

Postby Nearly Was » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:15 am

Cohiba Molyneux has re signed, Howson is staying, Vinnie is staying only doubt is Nick Pearce. Several excellent players have come on board from a country side. Kilburn will have a powerful side in A2 next year, yes even with the great man The Big Shrek still saddling up.
Cohiba wrote:
Nearly Was wrote:Cohiba, what are Kilburn's odd's do you think? Lost no one!! gained some goodies already.

Hard to say before a ball has been bounced.....but even money is fair as it would be for the other nine teams. New topic had Kilburn with the first 8 posts...... made me smile thinking it seemed "cheeky" enough to have the hand of Shrek involved....... thats all....not a big deal. There also seems to be a consensus that you have indeed lost "some" players, specifically Molineux and Urbancic to trial for Souths....according to TBS. Now this could be a "red herring" and you are out of "loop" or are you suggesting Shrek is full of crap??..... Also heard Howson might be trialling for Ports????
Nearly Was
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby The Ash Man » Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:11 am

Nearly Was wrote:Cohiba Molyneux has re signed, Howson is staying, Vinnie is staying only doubt is Nick Pearce. Several excellent players have come on board from a country side. Kilburn will have a powerful side in A2 next year, yes even with the great man The Big Shrek still saddling up.
Cohiba wrote:
Nearly Was wrote:Cohiba, what are Kilburn's odd's do you think? Lost no one!! gained some goodies already.

Hard to say before a ball has been bounced.....but even money is fair as it would be for the other nine teams. New topic had Kilburn with the first 8 posts...... made me smile thinking it seemed "cheeky" enough to have the hand of Shrek involved....... thats all....not a big deal. There also seems to be a consensus that you have indeed lost "some" players, specifically Molineux and Urbancic to trial for Souths....according to TBS. Now this could be a "red herring" and you are out of "loop" or are you suggesting Shrek is full of crap??..... Also heard Howson might be trialling for Ports????

All playing for free and under 15 points?
The Ash Man
Coach

Has liked: 382 times
Been liked: 260 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby NO-MERCY » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:49 pm

swingman wrote:Jarrod wearing appointed as Portland's new fitness coach according to Facebook, shame for Portland if that's true

Don't think Luke Hosie will be there next year so Ricky will need a new assistant coach infact i think he'll need a whole new coaching panel as others have flown the coup aswell.
Who down there at Thunder HQ is in charge of recruiting?
They'd want to pull their fingers out & start now. Oh & i'll give yah's a big tip sign the bloody players up asap, it'll be alot harder next year.
NO-MERCY
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Slots It Through » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:53 pm

NO-MERCY wrote:
swingman wrote:Jarrod wearing appointed as Portland's new fitness coach according to Facebook, shame for Portland if that's true

Don't think Luke Hosie will be there next year so Ricky will need a new assistant coach infact i think he'll need a whole new coaching panel as others have flown the coup aswell.
They'd want to pull their fingers out & start now. Oh & i'll give yah's a big tip sign the bloody players up asap, it'll be alot harder next year.

Put your hand up mate, and jump on the Thunder Train.
What will Hosie be doing next season?
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby piccachu » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:02 pm

With all due respect, didnt we go through all this last year about how Portland havent recruited, they dont spend enough money and They were going to go straight back to Div 3, as much as money is a great thing to have and gives sides an advantage if your recruiting the wrong blokes for the wrong reasons, it counts for nothing.
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby LMA » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:57 pm

piccachu wrote:

With all due respect, didnt we go through all this last year about how Portland havent recruited, they dont spend enough money and They were going to go straight back to Div 3, as much as money is a great thing to have and gives sides an advantage if your recruiting the wrong blokes for the wrong reasons, it counts for nothing.

Duly noted
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Footy Follower » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:40 pm

piccachu wrote:

Let us hope that this remains a div 2 forum and not a Portland and Port Districts one like 2012.
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Slippery Gypsy » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Have to agree. Everyone should just get on board the chic train!
Slippery Gypsy
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby Cohiba » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:37 pm

Footy Follower wrote:
piccachu wrote:

Let us hope that this remains a div 2 forum and not a Portland and Port Districts one like 2012.

With Kilburn in for season 2013 I think it will be very much a 'menage a' trois'.... The Shrek cometh.......
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Executive Member » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:50 pm

And where Tye Shrek is, the GATT Weazel will not be far away
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:53 pm

Weasel posts more about Kilburn than I do.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 368 times

Postby Yardy Lard » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:29 pm

Will be a Port District and Kilburn Grand Final you would think in 2013 and the two early favourites. Would be easily the best two teams in D2 next year, at this point, listening to all the recruiting going on. Doubtful if any of the other teams will be able to get close to either side. Some great players in both teams and hard to see others keeping up with the these two powerhouse clubs. Great coaches and players at both clubs and all the other clubs will find it tough keeping up with these two. Who will wear the clash jumper in the Grand Final though with both being black and white.
Yardy Lard
Under 16s

Postby BZB27 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:44 pm

Its only October, still got 11 months to go.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Pearcey » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:58 pm

Don't underestimate Gepps Cross. No excuses for their 2012 form, or lack of it, but for much of the season they had to play some Under 18's in key positions to get a team on the park due to injury. If you check their scores they were more than competitive for 3/4's of many games, leading at 3/4 time and getting overrun. Neil Rawlings is a tougher coach than Ando and he's an excellent recruiter. Money for players won't be a factor, within the salary cap of course. A few new quality signings already I hear.
Pearcey
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Gepps Cross

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Pearcey wrote:Don't underestimate Gepps Cross. No excuses for their 2012 form, or lack of it, but for much of the season they had to play some Under 18's in key positions to get a team on the park due to injury. If you check their scores they were more than competitive for 3/4's of many games, leading at 3/4 time and getting overrun. Neil Rawlings is a tougher coach than Ando and he's an excellent recruiter. Money for players won't be a factor, within the salary cap of course. A few new quality signings already I hear.

I agree with you there. Some quality players still at GX. If they stay and a few more come to top up they will be very strong.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby LMA » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Yardy Lard wrote:Will be a Port District and Kilburn Grand Final you would think in 2013 and the two early favourites. Would be easily the best two teams in D2 next year, at this point, listening to all the recruiting going on. Doubtful if any of the other teams will be able to get close to either side. Some great players in both teams and hard to see others keeping up with the these two powerhouse clubs. Great coaches and players at both clubs and all the other clubs will find it tough keeping up with these two. Who will wear the clash jumper in the Grand Final though with both being black and white.

Yardy is at it again. Is this a copy and paste from a post 12 months ago? Reads like it
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Yardy Lard » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:16 pm

Yes 3 very good sides in D2, with Port District, Kilburn and Gepps Cross. Maybe Gepps X can play in the GF to ensure that a clash jumper is not needed for the black and white teams. 3 very, very good sides and all exceptionally well coached, all with great players, good recruiting and a good budget to spend on quality players. Hard to see anyone troubling these 3 clubs.
Yardy Lard
Under 16s

Postby The Big Shrek » Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:21 pm

Yardy Lard wrote:Yes 3 very good sides in D2, with Port District, Kilburn and Gepps Cross. Maybe Gepps X can play in the GF to ensure that a clash jumper is not needed for the black and white teams. 3 very, very good sides and all exceptionally well coached, all with great players, good recruiting and a good budget to spend on quality players. Hard to see anyone troubling these 3 clubs.

Shut up Hosie.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:37 pm

piccachu wrote:

Only one banging on how bad Portland would go in 2012 was Hosie
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 728 times
Been liked: 1088 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Cohiba » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:17 am

The Big Shrek wrote:Weasel posts more about Kilburn than I do.

Yeah....but his posts are not as pithy as yours......
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League