7%
Seaton Ramblers
5%
Salisbury West
4%

Total votes : 73

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:07 am

Shame about Minners, good bloke and did well during his time at the dogs.

SImon used to be the captain IIRC.... I remember interviewing him for the Roots when they won the first flag.

Good luck to him in any case.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:14 am

Footy Chick wrote:Shame about Minners, good bloke and did well during his time at the dogs.

SImon used to be the captain IIRC.... I remember interviewing him for the Roots when they won the first flag.

correct... 2011 and 2012
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Magnum Force » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:57 am

All correct,

Minners notified the club towards the end of november, Simon took over shortly after that.

Simon is a former club captain and has been an A grade assistant coach and under 18's coach.
I'm kind of a big deal, people know me
Magnum Force
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby Gcsunz » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:47 pm

Any Notable ins and outs for the clubs over the break?
Gcsunz
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby laser » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:26 pm

hillscrow wrote:Mitcham captain has left club to join his brother at PHOS apparently. Big loss for the Hawks when he's up and running.

Who dat?
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Cohiba » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:12 pm

laser wrote:
hillscrow wrote:Mitcham captain has left club to join his brother at PHOS apparently. Big loss for the Hawks when he's up and running.

Who dat?

I think it might be Tom Quinn......his brother Simon I assume is still coaching the Phantoms in 2015.....Will win more than they lose this season.....IMO.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:41 pm

Cohiba wrote:
laser wrote:

Who dat?

I think it might be Tom Quinn......his brother Simon I assume is still coaching the Phantoms in 2015.....Will win more than they lose this season.....IMO.

Agreed. Played us in round 18 in the peculiar situation that if they won they would play finals, if they lost they were relegated. Gave us a run but alas it 'twas not to be. Div 3 finals I'm tipping.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Been liked: 850 times

Postby Cohiba » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:52 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Cohiba wrote:
laser wrote:

Who dat?

Agreed. Played us in round 18 in the peculiar situation that if they won they would play finals, if they lost they were relegated. Gave us a run but alas it 'twas not to be. Div 3 finals I'm tipping.

Your beating them was less of surprise than PAOC dropping their game to the RAMS......I guessing Quinny might have hoped that game was his insurance.
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby laser » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:45 pm

Cohiba wrote:
laser wrote:

Who dat?

Ahh, cheers.
laser
Under 16s

Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Ron Burgundy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:57 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Shame about Minners, good bloke and did well during his time at the dogs.

correct... 2011 and 2012

With Simo as coach, how long before good mate Crabby joins him.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby Basket Weaver » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:40 am

Cohiba wrote:
laser wrote:

Who dat?

Quinny is only a minor loss for the Hawks as the bloke has only played a handful of games over the last 3 years. His body is ageing and IMO he will only play as many games as he could count on 1 hand...he will be begging to come back to Mitcham to sit on the side lines with his mates!!!
Mitcham have surprising recruited well this year...few handy pick ups from country clubs! I went and watch a couple of trainings and the big ruckman, hardy is looking fitter then ever and will be a damaging ruckman! Big call early but I'll say he will be in the team of the year!
Basket Weaver
Mini-League

Postby Cohiba » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:41 am

Basket Weaver wrote:
Cohiba wrote:
laser wrote:

Who dat?

Quinny is only a minor loss for the Hawks as the bloke has only played a handful of games over the last 3 years. His body is ageing and IMO he will only play as many games as he could count on 1 hand...he will be begging to come back to Mitcham to sit on the side lines with his mates!!!
Mitcham have surprising recruited well this year...few handy pick ups from country clubs! I went and watch a couple of trainings and the big ruckman, hardy is looking fitter then ever and will be a damaging ruckman! Big call early but I'll say he will be in the team of the year!

"Begging"!!!....doubt it, particularly if he's anything like his brother...... Hope Hardy has a good year for you.....Mitcham will need him to fire because they invariably promise much each season only to disappoint....... And yes I agree ....it is a "big call"......Blokes like Dolman, (Martinello maybe), from Flinders and Pinkney from Pembroke along with a couple of others might have a bit to say about the Div 3 Ruckman of the Season......assuming all are fit and playing in 2015. :)
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Slots It Through » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Seaton ruckman Luke Walsh was the association medalist last season, think he should be the early favorite for the team of the year ruckman.
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Hardy Hit » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:11 pm

please, I got this! ;)
Hardy Hit
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Mitcham

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:43 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

correct... 2011 and 2012

With Simo as coach, how long before good mate Crabby joins him.

Hhaha good luck with that.
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby bandar » Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:53 pm

Hardy Hit wrote:please, I got this! ;)

I haven't met Hardy Hit but hopefully do during the year. I have complete faith that he will be the best ruckman on this forum.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby Basket Weaver » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:28 pm

On another note, looks as if the mclaren vale Eagles have gone and poached more Mitcham players with a couple of handy players leaving the leafy green suburbs to head out to wine country...since the original duo left back in 2011, 8 players have left Mitcham to go play at mclaren...must be something in the wine
Basket Weaver
Mini-League

Postby HawkieRanger » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:50 pm

bandar wrote:

I haven't met Hardy Hit but hopefully do during the year. I have complete faith that he will be the best ruckman on this forum.

What some people don't realise is Hardy the ruckman they speak of has a much less talented, almost unknown brother that also plays at Mitcham. But you won't have to worry about him this year. Or Basket Weaver for that matter.

And the Hawks will be fine without TQ given our new co-captains for 2015, two great lads, who will take the field ;)
HawkieRanger
Rookie

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Pag » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:57 am

HawkieRanger wrote:
bandar wrote:

What some people don't realise is Hardy the ruckman they speak of has a much less talented, almost unknown brother that also plays at Mitcham. But you won't have to worry about him this year. Or Basket Weaver for that matter.

And the Hawks will be fine without TQ given our new co-captains for 2015, two great lads, who will take the field ;)

Surely losing Quinn will hurt a bit mate, he was one of the main two we spent our time planning for in the lead-up to playing you. Obviously he didn't play much but when he was on the field, he still felt like your most influential player.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby HawkieRanger » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:47 am

Pag wrote:
HawkieRanger wrote:
bandar wrote:

Surely losing Quinn will hurt a bit mate, he was one of the main two we spent our time planning for in the lead-up to playing you. Obviously he didn't play much but when he was on the field, he still felt like your most influential player.

Might explain why we got up? ;)

We'd obviously rather have him playing with us than against us.
HawkieRanger
Rookie

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League