Brighton to join SAAFL Div 3 2013

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Brighton to join SAAFL Div 3 2013

Postby White Line Fever » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:39 pm

Yardy Lard wrote:
EB53 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Brighton have voted to not come in, end of topic. Maybe we take it up in 2014 when they again challenge the SFL. :lol:

If the members of the Brighton Football Club new for certain that they would be placed in division 1, One wonders how the vote would have gone.

Cant see why Brighton would hope to be in D1, as they have done nothing to earn it. Would have been a disgrace if let into D3, let alone D1. Only two of the really strong clubs such as Port District, Tea Tree Gully or Adelaide University, from D2 can be promoted to Division 1 next year as it is, and one will miss out. Would have been a terrible injustice to one of those clubs, let alone the other clubs coming through other divisions and attempting to make it through the grades, by premierships or playing in a grand final.

Div 3 would have been a fair starting point for BDOS.
They still would be div2 the next year anyway.
Who cares about your injustices and what not - if Uni, ports or TTG are so good they'd be in div1 already.
This would only strengthen the SAAFL so quit the whinging.
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Re: Brighton to join SAAFL Div 3 2013

Postby marbles » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:42 pm

Yardy Lard wrote:
EB53 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Brighton have voted to not come in, end of topic. Maybe we take it up in 2014 when they again challenge the SFL. :lol:

If the members of the Brighton Football Club new for certain that they would be placed in division 1, One wonders how the vote would have gone.

Cant see why Brighton would hope to be in D1, as they have done nothing to earn it. Would have been a disgrace if let into D3, let alone D1. Only two of the really strong clubs such as Port District, Tea Tree Gully or Adelaide University, from D2 can be promoted to Division 1 next year as it is, and one will miss out. Would have been a terrible injustice to one of those clubs, let alone the other clubs coming through other divisions and attempting to make it through the grades, by premierships or playing in a grand final.

hopefully Port Districts & Adelaide Uni come up, TTG had there chance last year in div 1

or better yet Flinders Park roll the whole comp! & who cares who else comes up
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:46 pm

marbles wrote:
Yardy Lard wrote:
EB53 wrote:

hopefully Port Districts & Adelaide Uni come up, TTG had there chance last year in div 1
or better yet Flinders Park roll the whole comp! & who cares who else comes up

Brighton will stay in SFL. End of story.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Gatt_Weasel » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:21 am

Brighton = Joke how they went about the process 100 percent sham and both leagues should remember this next time they try and pull another stunt and i mean stunt as in trying to hold a league to ransom like a kid if he doesnt get his lollies crys and crys
Gatt_Weasel
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Wayback

Postby lutz » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:19 pm

Gatt_Weasel wrote:Brighton = Joke how they went about the process 100 percent sham and both leagues should remember this next time they try and pull another stunt and i mean stunt as in trying to hold a league to ransom like a kid if he doesnt get his lollies crys and crys

Geez settle down Gatt, I dont think they even made an application to the SAAFL, but were just considering it amongst themselves. It's a massive decision on both sides. I dont blame them for being reluctant, and (apparently) ultimately deciding against the change.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:38 pm

lutz wrote:
Gatt_Weasel wrote:Brighton = Joke how they went about the process 100 percent sham and both leagues should remember this next time they try and pull another stunt and i mean stunt as in trying to hold a league to ransom like a kid if he doesnt get his lollies crys and crys

Geez settle down Gatt, I dont think they even made an application to the SAAFL, but were just considering it amongst themselves. It's a massive decision on both sides. I dont blame them for being reluctant, and (apparently) ultimately deciding against the change.

Don't think they would put it to their members unless they had some sort of arrangement with SAAFL.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby bar20 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:25 am

White Line Fever wrote:
Yardy Lard wrote:
EB53 wrote:

Div 3 would have been a fair starting point for BDOS.
They still would be div2 the next year anyway.
Who cares about your injustices and what not - if Uni, ports or TTG are so good they'd be in div1 already.
This would only strengthen the SAAFL so quit the whinging.

I would have thought Div 2. They would dominate Div 3 and win it easily. The SAAFL should have tried everything to get them as they're the biggest club in the SFL
bar20
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Yank Man » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:42 am

I'm sure the league would have Bar20. Just as SFL would be fighting to keep them too. The last thing SFL would want is to lose a powerhouse club. From what i hear around the traps Brighton only needed a 60% vote in favour and they were in, but they couldn't get it over the line. They are massively strong in their juniors and I figure you leave SFL and what happens to them. Maybe some leverage for the powers at SFL and could have something to do with the final result. Reckon they will keep chipping away at it though.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Gatt_Weasel » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:49 am

Yank Man wrote:
lutz wrote:

Don't think they would put it to their members unless they had some sort of arrangement with SAAFL.

its the fact that they tryed to hold a league to ransom by demanding changes wrong way to go about it.. brighton need to learn how to go about things shows how much respect they have for both leagues...selfish club is what they are
Gatt_Weasel
Under 18s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Wayback

Postby Champ » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:06 am

Gatt_Weasel wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
lutz wrote:

its the fact that they tryed to hold a league to ransom by demanding changes wrong way to go about it.. brighton need to learn how to go about things shows how much respect they have for both leagues...selfish club is what they are

What a stupid bloody post! If this is true then good on them for playing the game; the SFL should've gone to a two tier competition years ago! The fact that clubs are now sick of the state of the competition means they'll look elsewhere and if this and only this forces 'holds to ransom' hahah the SFL to make positive change then well done! Any clubs with half a brain would be applauding the move and waiting with baited breath to see if it worked! Two tiers is a must, regardless of wishy washy pride over blah blag blah blah blah.

For what it's worth Im not sure brighton would be a powerhouse in the SAAFL at div 3; it can be a harder task to play against a tough comp week in week out as opposed to every second or third week in the sfl.
Last edited by Champ on Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Yank Man » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:35 pm

Heard today that the Brighton deal is a done one and they will come in 2013. Anyone know different? Also heard Marion are coming in to Div 6 2013.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Let's be honest here there have been many sfl clubs make enquiries to the saafl over the years Mitchell Park, Valleys, Brighton ect and rumours morphy parks. No one has jumped yet. But when the first one does I suspect it will be a domino effect. Well Mitchell park jumped but that was before the 2 div issue.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Yank Man » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:59 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Let's be honest here there have been many sfl clubs make enquiries to the saafl over the years Mitchell Park, Valleys, Brighton ect and rumours morphy parks. No one has jumped yet. But when the first one does I suspect it will be a domino effect. Well Mitchell park jumped but that was before the 2 div issue.

Mitchell Park was in SAFA until 1995, it then joined SFL and was there until 2000 and came in to SAAFL in 2001, LK. Just heard about Brighton today and was wondering if anyone had heard the same. :lol:
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:09 am

I heard 2 sfl teams too mate. Actually saw a good mate of mine @ a southern cross club in Canberra today and heard the same. But both our bedtime stories were heard before the Brighton vote.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League