Seaton Ramblers
5%
Salisbury West
4%

Total votes : 73

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 3 - 2015

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:14 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Right o, I've made inquires and it seems that there's nothing like a game of Chinese whispers to pass the off season.

For clarity, there was a generic Email that went to 4 clubs - who are all in the same boat, which read something to the effect of:

1. The XYZ Football Club will be required to provide a list of 50 players specifically detailing their most two (2) recent playing seasons by no later than February 15 2015
2. a pre-requisite is each player having played a minimum of four matches in season 2013 and or 2014 in an affiliated league of the Australian Football League.

So there’s no mention of 55 players and there’s certainly no mention of an age limit. If the Salisbury West FC is telling people the league has told them that anyone over 32 won’t be considered part of the 50, then they have manufactured that to get the sympathy vote...

That is all. There’s nothing onerous about this and more to the point, these conditions were generated by the clubs who fell victim to forfeits from opposition clubs in Division 3, 6 & 7 last year.

The League (and most people, you'd think) would have to be pretty accepting that C & or D grades forfeit at various time in the year but the clubs voted with their feet that the minimum must be 2 teams EVERY Saturday and if not you’re out.

Does that mean Wingfield Royals will be forced to field a B-Grade or else fold, not even a C-Grade division option?

I think single team clubs have a years grace to get 2 teams.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 407 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Cohiba » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Right o, I've made inquires and it seems that there's nothing like a game of Chinese whispers to pass the off season.

For clarity, there was a generic Email that went to 4 clubs - who are all in the same boat, which read something to the effect of:

1. The XYZ Football Club will be required to provide a list of 50 players specifically detailing their most two (2) recent playing seasons by no later than February 15 2015
2. a pre-requisite is each player having played a minimum of four matches in season 2013 and or 2014 in an affiliated league of the Australian Football League.

So there’s no mention of 55 players and there’s certainly no mention of an age limit. If the Salisbury West FC is telling people the league has told them that anyone over 32 won’t be considered part of the 50, then they have manufactured that to get the sympathy vote...

That is all. There’s nothing onerous about this and more to the point, these conditions were generated by the clubs who fell victim to forfeits from opposition clubs in Division 3, 6 & 7 last year.

The League (and most people, you'd think) would have to be pretty accepting that C & or D grades forfeit at various time in the year but the clubs voted with their feet that the minimum must be 2 teams EVERY Saturday and if not you’re out.

Facts....god bless them........Per the above is wasn't quite as Carey stated then.....
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Cohiba » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:45 pm

Does that mean Wingfield Royals will be forced to field a B-Grade or else fold, not even a C-Grade division option?

Fielding only one team .....they wouldn't be a C Grade side strictly speaking ..... would they Leather........ ;)

A merge is an option that would help to preserve the history of any Club in some part at the very least.....Wouldn't be setting a precedent and has proven to work.......but it seems too some on this forum...... its a "dirty" word.....Cest' la vie....
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:52 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:

They've had their year...
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1743 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby jo172 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:08 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

They've had their year...

*decade
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1204 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby bandar » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:05 am

What chance is there that this will be a 9 team Div this year. If anyone was going to take Salisbury Wests place it would have happened by now so is it down to SW getting the numbers? Hopefully they get the numbers up.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:07 am

bandar wrote:What chance is there that this will be a 9 team Div this year. If anyone was going to take Salisbury Wests place it would have happened by now so is it down to SW getting the numbers? Hopefully they get the numbers up.

Sorry Bandar but it looks like you'll be haiving a bye as from accounts, they will struggle to get one team together, let alone 2...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby bandar » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:23 am

Footy Chick wrote:
bandar wrote:What chance is there that this will be a 9 team Div this year. If anyone was going to take Salisbury Wests place it would have happened by now so is it down to SW getting the numbers? Hopefully they get the numbers up.

Sorry Bandar but it looks like you'll be haiving a bye as from accounts, they will struggle to get one team together, let alone 2...

If the bye does happen we will deal with it. Better a rest than a one sided contest with a chance for injuries. Might have to program a mid season camp. :) The interesting thing would be late in a season you'd be pretty unhappy if you finished 2nd and ended up playing a 3rd side coming off a bye.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Postby manbitesdog » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:45 am

Footy Chick wrote:

Spoke with someone in the know yesterday from westies and the story was that they have about 38 at this stage
manbitesdog
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:52 am

still not enough to maintain two teams for a year

Footy Chick

Postby beef » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:54 am

Footy Chick wrote:

Maybe the league should force Kilburn back up, clearances look like they have plenty of players coming back. Or brahma maybe take Salisbury West spot as thats where most the players have gone anyway
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 256 times

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:55 am

bandar wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

If the bye does happen we will deal with it. Better a rest than a one sided contest with a chance for injuries. Might have to program a mid season camp. :) The interesting thing would be late in a season you'd be pretty unhappy if you finished 2nd and ended up playing a 3rd side coming off a bye.

The same could be said about playing against a team that is so bad they're considered a 'bye'.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Cohiba » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:21 pm

beef wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Maybe the league should force Kilburn back up, clearances look like they have plenty of players coming back. Or brahma maybe take Salisbury West spot as thats where most the players have gone anyway

Seriously........haven't quite thought this thru........have we..... :roll:
Cohiba
Reserves

Postby easy TIGA » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:49 pm

beef wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

What a dumb post. Why would you make a side that got smashed by 50 plus goals to stay up. Why the vendetta. They worked as hard as they could to field two sides last year. But even kilburn understand they haven't got what it takes to be div 3 atm. They stayed up and started recruiting last year for this year. Dropped a div as the rules state, and are now in div 4. Brahm and salisbury west should have to do the same.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Demon Juke » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:38 pm

manbitesdog wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Spoke with someone in the know yesterday from westies and the story was that they have about 38 at this stage

18 clearance's out already with your's plus more to come.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:51 pm

Should make all divisions 9 teams with top 4. Grand Finalists up, bottom 2 down. Can't see the harm on giving clubs volunteers and injured players an extra 2 weeks off per year. Might hurt the SAAFL wallet with 1 less round of finals and clubs paying to host them.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:54 pm

Hey, does anyone know what's going on at Plympton... I heard today that Minners has moved interstate for work ao is that's the case, they'd have to have a new coach.

Unless I have the wrong Minervini (sp) :oops:

Footy Chick

Postby bandar » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:31 am

Footy Chick wrote:Hey, does anyone know what's going on at Plympton... I heard today that Minners has moved interstate for work ao is that's the case, they'd have to have a new coach.

It's the right Minervini FC he's gone to Sydney, ran in to him at the pub during his farewell drinks as a stroke of luck. I think he was replaced by one of his assistants Simon Howard maybe. I ma sure WUB will confirm.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:35 am

bandar wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Hey, does anyone know what's going on at Plympton... I heard today that Minners has moved interstate for work ao is that's the case, they'd have to have a new coach.

It's the right Minervini FC he's gone to Sydney, ran in to him at the pub during his farewell drinks as a stroke of luck. I think he was replaced by one of his assistants Simon Howard maybe. I ma sure WUB will confirm.

that is correct about Damian and also correct about Simon Howard. He was an assistant in 2013 and coached the U/18's last year...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby DTH43 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:42 am

Minners notified the club early december from what i am told so the new coach has been in charge since then.
DTH43
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League