5%
West Croydon
22%

Total votes : 95

Re: Adelaide Footy League Division 6 - 2018

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:58 pm

Fricky wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I'd try to make as minimal impact as possible on the least amount of grades.

I don't think Iggies or GG were out of their depth in div 2, they could be spared.

Regardless though, both Grand Finalists from the division below are going to (most likely) want to go up.

Plus my table does have minimal impact - it's 2 up, 1 down instead of 2 up, 2 down. ;)

I really like this idea ;)

No doubt.

Wouldn't you guys like div 4? Get some more games in the "W" column?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Fricky » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Fricky wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I'd try to make as minimal impact as possible on the least amount of grades.

I don't think Iggies or GG were out of their depth in div 2, they could be spared.

Regardless though, both Grand Finalists from the division below are going to (most likely) want to go up.

Plus my table does have minimal impact - it's 2 up, 1 down instead of 2 up, 2 down. ;)

No doubt.

Of course we want more Ws. We’d also like to not get relegated.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby sinister23 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:10 pm

#18 what a thug. Get rid of him. JK absolutely filthy with the Gawler men for leaking the footage though and they will be consulted about this. Hope they stamp this crap out. West will never change and will always thump people in finals to get the win. Watch the SN hit on the Unley bloke, that was nothing in comparison to this c***head. Don't even give them the chance to come back. No one took any responsibility for it. Some of their idiot club people on that facebook thread are a disgrace saying these were all accidents. Jeewiz some low IQ's in that mob to think they were ALL accidents.
sinister23
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby ramming23 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Fricky wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
Fricky wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

No doubt.

Of course we want more Ws. We’d also like to not get relegated.[/quote]

I'd get rid of your coach then but that's a discussion for the Div 4 forum now.
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:34 pm

This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:43 pm

Thanks people, we don't need to see the same thing 100 times.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:44 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Thanks people, we don't need to see the same thing 100 times.

The comments on facebook are astounding, good reading on the throne.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:45 pm

First Channel 9.. then Channel 7.. followed by Triple M..

Half expecting to see a one hour 'Sunday Night' special featuring Carl next. :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby laser » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Not a good look for our game.

The club getting a whack for this is ok, but should the ramifications for the player and coach/es be more severe? Surely this sort of behavior is way beyond what anyone who donates time and money to grassroots footy would accept. And beyond what we as football people expect from others. Target and sanction the individuals directly responsible for this and we'll get the footy we want.
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:57 pm

laser wrote:Not a good look for our game.

The club getting a whack for this is ok, but should the ramifications for the player and coach/es be more severe? Surely this sort of behavior is way beyond what anyone who donates time and money to grassroots footy would accept. And beyond what we as football people expect from others. Target and sanction the individuals directly responsible for this and we'll get the footy we want.

Not sure how much more severe the ramifications for the player could be - he will cop minimum 8 just for the elbow and that'll see him over the 12 game threshold and 15 game national dereg. His playing days are done.

As for the coach - think it should be remembered that these incidents were reported after the game based on video evidence - the player wasn't reported or carded during the game, and the knee incident only incurred a free kick. Perhaps the coach wasn't aware of his behaviour in the other incidents over the day.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Hasbeen » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:01 pm

The Bedge wrote:Question is, should Salis West not be affiliated in 2019 as Footy Chick highlighted is a possibility, what would promotion/relegation look like?

Would the 9th placed side be saved?
Would two go down and three come up from D7?
Would an olive branch be extended to Hackham or similar to join the AdFL to replace Westies?

Just saw this on the SFL page.

by King » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:18 pm

Very nasty incident in the C grade Flaggies v H. Gold game yesterday. Flaggies boy chased the ball over the boundary line. H. Gold’s best player (IMO) and very well known in the SFL, went after him and gave him a massive shuff into the concrete. The pusher got a red card and therefore a report, but the victim has severe lacerations to the head with deep ashaplt intrusions plus a broken knee cap in three places. I sincerely trust the tribunal will deal with the offender appropriately. 6 - 8 should be minimum, but if he has a record, it should be retirement!

Was one of the reasons Hackham have been refused ADFL entry in the past their onfield behavior? I heard they have to keep their noses clean for an application to be looked at. This won't help their cause.
Hasbeen
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby NPG319 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Agreed. Depending on #18's past he should get a hefty ban - if this is par for course for him then a life ban. The coach and assistant should not be allowed to hold any coaching positions for a period of time.
The club President should be removed from his position as he has clearly failed to get the AAA message across to the coaches and players.
I agree with what some others have said in here - their finals campaign is now over and the pin should be pulled on them for next year.
NPG319
Mini-League

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:23 pm

NPG319 wrote:

Agreed. Depending on #18's past he should get a hefty ban - if this is par for course for him then a life ban. The coach and assistant should not be allowed to hold any coaching positions for a period of time.
The club President should be removed from his position as he has clearly failed to get the AAA message across to the coaches and players.
I agree with what some others have said in here - their finals campaign is now over and the pin should be pulled on them for next year.

Wouldn't matter how good/bad his past has been, I think he clocked up enough credits on Saturday alone to free up his winter Saturdays for the rest of his life.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JesseWhite » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:39 pm

4/5 incidents by the same player, probs knew after the first one he was done for life and just went for it. Begs the question once again why the coaches and/or umpires didnt step in to remove him from the game...
JesseWhite
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:47 pm

What is Salisbury Wests, finals played vs suspensions record. Taking into account 2005 and now this it is going to be a horrendous figure.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5610 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:04 pm

whufc wrote:What is Salisbury Wests, finals played vs suspensions record. Taking into account 2005 and now this it is going to be a horrendous figure.

2005 GF had a total of 38 games in suspensions... what the hell happened that day?!
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:19 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
whufc wrote:What is Salisbury Wests, finals played vs suspensions record. Taking into account 2005 and now this it is going to be a horrendous figure.

2005 GF had a total of 38 games in suspensions... what the hell happened that day?!

You know Bill Woodfull's famous quote from Bodyline about only side out there trying to play cricket? This was the football equivalent.

Westies thought they were at an MMA bout.

And then following the match their President defended their actions with the words "we play tough hard football not ballet".

If that had happened under the current leadership I tend to suspect they'd still be exiled from the league
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby jo172 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:22 pm

The image of Westies blokes, on the bench at Norwood Oval, after being red-carded trying to climb the grand stand to fight Fitzroy Reserves players (who had just played Westies in a reserves GF) is forever imprinted on my brain.

The Parade was a zoo that day.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1203 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:22 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:13 years since the 2005 D4 Grand Final. Tigers, stripes

I've still got this on DVD. Have never brought myself to watch it though

Jimmy will pay you for it.

Had it on for the 10 year reunion a few years back. Closer to watching UFC than footy

Things I remember from this game:

Zanks getting knocked out in the first couple of minutes (after being targeted in all three of the previous games we'd played against them that year)

Followed by Bluey having his jaw broken
Followed by Louis - had a nick on his head that hit a vein or capillary or something and couldn't stop his bleeding - had to call ambos to stop it

THen Macca (spent ages looking for his false tooth on the oval)
Then Bill (I think)

Quarter time whilst trying to fix up all these blokes, James gets knocked out and carried off by a couple of spectators. Possibly missing one or two others, I reckon we were only playing with 16 at one point

Reserves umps coming onto the oval in 2nd quarter and pulling snipers straight off the oval

Using every single item in my medical box to stop all the bleeding and Fitzroy coming to the rescue, and almost cleaning them out as well.

Only other thing I remember from the day was running into the back pocket to give Scott a drink with about 5 minutes to go and stealing someones beer for him to drink instead :lol:

THe massive spectator brawl started by Carey after the game ;) F***** Munros.

@Sonofbrowny25
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:23 pm

jo172 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

You know Bill Woodfull's famous quote from Bodyline about only side out there trying to play cricket? This was the football equivalent.

Westies thought they were at an MMA bout.

And then following the match their President defended their actions with the words "we play tough hard football not ballet".

If that had happened under the current leadership I tend to suspect they'd still be exiled from the league

Had there been issues with Salisbury West throughout that year Jo or was it just in GF day?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League