14%
Salisbury West
9%
St. Pauls
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Ch9 AFL Division 7 - 2015

Postby Yank Man » Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:15 pm

You get the feeling that the next 2 rounds are going to heat up Div7.

Houghton.......the next Smithfield.
Adelaide Uni... Depends on who plays.

Angle Vale, Saliisbury West , St Paul's , Mitchell Pk all fight out the minors and its gunna be a long year for the crabs.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 323 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby adr107 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:07 am

Yank Man wrote:You get the feeling that the next 2 rounds are going to heat up Div7.

Angle Vale, Saliisbury West , St Paul's , Mitchell Pk all fight out the minors and its gunna be a long year for the crabs.

You clearly never saw just how good Smithfield were last year....
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby morell » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:55 am

Q. wrote:Interesting, North Pines have only named 14 players.

And smashed Flinders...

That Flinders team also beat Angle Vale quite comfortably.

We will see but still don't understand why they're not playing A Grade.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:11 pm

Now that i've seen the scores AND it's been confirmed that the Wingies guys have gone there - i now agree with you.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1747 times
Been liked: 2155 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:22 pm

adr107 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:You get the feeling that the next 2 rounds are going to heat up Div7.

You clearly never saw just how good Smithfield were last year....

As in maybe undefeated not the same quality. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby adr107 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:31 pm

morell wrote:
Q. wrote:Interesting, North Pines have only named 14 players.

And smashed Flinders...

That Flinders team also beat Angle Vale quite comfortably.

We will see but still don't understand why they're not playing A Grade.

There will be 6 reserves sides trying their best to make sure it doesn't happen, but if they were to win a premiership it would surely be a hollow feeling knowing you beat the best of Div7R.....

I'd hope anyway....
adr107
Under 16s

Has liked: 305 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby morell » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:46 pm

Houghton will give them a run for their money I think. The Adelaide Uni side that trounced us wasn't too bad and you blokes then flogged them.

I'm going to Melbourne for the Houghton game. :D
morell
Coach

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:51 pm

@morell @adr107

If North Pines are removed from D7R, are you keen on only playing 14 games for the year?
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby morell » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:52 pm

Yep! If it means our A Grade play two more games, absolutely.

From a fiscal POV, a scheduling POV, from an everything POV it makes complete sense.
morell
Coach

Postby tomo » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:15 pm

Q. wrote:@morell @adr107

If North Pines are removed from D7R, are you keen on only playing 14 games for the year?

And it is also a possibility that one of the sides may forfeit throughout the year. MP, AV and FU all one team clubs last year, not convinced yet that their reserves will field a side every week.

So could possibly end up less than 14 games.
tomo
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Yank Man » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:39 pm

Q. wrote:@morell @adr107

Absolutely not. The programme is set, let's not forget what happened at Uni last year in FINALS. That sort of behaviour needs to be addressed and if it means we cop a smashing every time we play them then so be it.

Sorry Q but great clubs like Kilburn, MP Flinders Uni etc etc have been asked to comply with regulations to abide by league policy, which I agree with by the way, then Nth Pines need to be put in a similar situation next year, flag or not. You know as well as me how many players they had registered 2 weeks before season start. The league can't keep holding their hands.

That said we are more than happy to have Salisbury West and North Pines join us on Saturday with a celebration of Anzac Day
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Q. » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:41 pm

I agree with you, I don't want another fixture change, let alone one mid season.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:55 pm

Q. wrote:I agree with you, I don't want another fixture change, let alone one mid season.

I'm really passionate about league protocol. Rules is rules. Work with them, we have and frankly have become a better club for it.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby morell » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:08 am

If humanity stuck to the rules all the time, we would still be living in caves. Sometimes rules have to be broken for the larger good. Pragmaticism is a lost art, it seems.

I would love it if the Executive just came out and went BANG! this is how it is, stuff your delegates votes, stuff your quasi bushman's democracy, stuff your pieces of paper with rules on them, this is it because we have the ability to think strategically and a group of volunteers with self serving agendas, do not.

At a minimum it would be a catalyst for changing the ridiculous system.
morell
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:31 pm

morell wrote:If humanity stuck to the rules all the time, we would still be living in caves. Sometimes rules have to be broken for the larger good. Pragmaticism is a lost art, it seems.

I would love it if the Executive just came out and went BANG! this is how it is, stuff your delegates votes, stuff your quasi bushman's democracy, stuff your pieces of paper with rules on them, this is it because we have the ability to think strategically and a group of volunteers with self serving agendas, do not.

:shock:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:50 pm

morell wrote:If humanity stuck to the rules all the time, we would still be living in caves. Sometimes rules have to be broken for the larger good. Pragmaticism is a lost art, it seems.

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby Cohiba » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:55 pm

I see....make everyone equal but put Herr Morell in charge because he is more equal than everybody else...... ;)
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:22 pm

I do think that there is merit, however, the horse has bolted, North Pines are going to win every game by at least 15 goals in Div. 7R, they are no lone soldiers for teams that have dominated this grade though.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7956 times

Postby morell » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:33 pm

Executive Member wrote:

:shock:
The SAAFL should be treated like a business, not a referendum. If the Executive thinks a course of action is for the betterment of the league and sport, they should be able to make that call without having to get a bunch of people in a room that have no idea what they're talking about to vote on it. The people with the most knowledge and least number of agendas should be making the majority of the decisions.

What idea does the Goodwood delegate have on how Div 7 should be fixtured or what is impacting on us? What possible reason would Mitchell Park or Flinders Uni have to vote on an issue affecting Salisbury North?

This concept of getting delegates to make up new rules, forcing clubs to abide by these new made up rules and then pointing to these rules as an reason to not correct blatantly obvious flaws in division 7 2015 is the perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Any sporting system which restricts an Executive team from correctly placing teams in the right division. At any time. Is a flawed system.

Social basketball competitions have superior methodologies.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:35 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

saddam_hussein.jpg
Did a pretty good job in retrospect.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League