8%
SMOSH West Lakes
4%
Walkerville
26%

Total votes : 129

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2013

Postby beef » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:42 pm

Have not seen any div 2, the bloke that won medal not in the team? Stiff or unlikely medal winner?
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 255 times

Postby Cohiba » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:26 pm

beef wrote:Have not seen any div 2, the bloke that won medal not in the team? Stiff or unlikely medal winner?

Maybe a bit of both.....was highly rated in Flinders best throughout the season re sporting pulse....Be interesting to see who their B&F is this year. Dodman O'Donnell and Carusi also rated highly for Flinders throughout the season. Certainly would have been in the mix as would Coulthard, Wareing, and Fosdike...
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby bubba love » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:44 am

looks like a pretty decent team, ross merrett is a gun, think hes only 19 too, rosenthal probably a bit stiff LMA, think nathan rose kicked the second most goals this yar so too probably a bit stiff, but i think a great effort by robby wilson! i think he coasted for a couple years there with the thunder and great to see him back to his best! i also didnt really rate toasty (steven clay) very highly before this yearbut his two final against portland were fantastic his run and carry off half back cuts teams up!! up the thunder tho
bubba love
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Mallee Park

Postby Fricky » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:22 pm

Gary Cock appointed A grade coach of Walkies. Previously coached our Bs to 3 GFs and a flag in 2011, before a stint with Mitcham as A grade coach in 2012.

We're looking forward to next season with our new coach and an improved Cats team.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby smac » Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:49 pm

Played also @ walkies? Remember him there in 93 when I was there.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby schimma » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:20 am

Suri wrote:Gary Cock appointed A grade coach of Walkies. Previously coached our Bs to 3 GFs and a flag in 2011, before a stint with Mitcham as A grade coach in 2012.

We're looking forward to next season with our new coach and an improved Cats team.

Very smart coach. good times ahead for Walkies.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Cohiba » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Suri wrote:Gary Cock appointed A grade coach of Walkies. Previously coached our Bs to 3 GFs and a flag in 2011, before a stint with Mitcham as A grade coach in 2012.

I know season 2013 is one to forget.......but with GC's appointment do think you will retain most of the recruits from the year just gone?
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby bird of prey » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:47 pm

Cohiba wrote:

I know season 2013 is one to forget.......but with GC's appointment do think you will retain most of the recruits from the year just gone?

Extremely unlikely!
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby Hairy_Cat » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:09 pm

bird of prey wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

Extremely unlikely!

Congratulations to Gary Cock on his appointment. A special thanks must go to Peter Scheuffele who was our longest serving A Grade coach, won an A Grade premiership in 2009 and has kept us in Division 2 ever since which is something we previously struggled with.

Exciting times at the Cattery. I have no doubt Gaza will be targeting those lads that moved across in 2013 as they already have a few of the other lads who went to Bordertown etc. back on board next year.

Our depth is strong and we have a solid core group of players. As is the way with football these days some recruits will leave and others arrive.

Bring on 2014.
Hairy_Cat

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:37 pm

Looking forward to the clash between PNU and walkies at walkies next year. Should be a cracker.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Fricky » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:03 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Looking forward to the clash between PNU and walkies at walkies next year. Should be a cracker.

I always enjoy these games. PNUs supporters bring that extra atmosphere to the game and the players and coaches always stay after the game for a few beers.

As for the recruits, we'll just have to wait and see what happens with them. Some of them had a run in the Bs this year so they know what Cocky is like as a coach. Clubs never want to lose good players, but like Hairy Cat said, we've always had good depth across the 3 grades and I'm sure we'll do well next year
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Suri wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Looking forward to the clash between PNU and walkies at walkies next year. Should be a cracker.

I always enjoy these games. PNUs supporters bring that extra atmosphere to the game and the players and coaches always stay after the game for a few beers.

The cheer sqaud will be out in full force aswell during the minor round next year. With the end of the SANFL magpies as we know it, many magpie supporters are coming out to PNU due to family ties and mates there. This will just add another dimension to the atmosphere that these games bring. Can't wait!
And no doubt the cheer squad will stay for a few beers! :)
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Fricky » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:36 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Suri wrote:

The cheer sqaud will be out in full force aswell during the minor round next year. With the end of the SANFL magpies as we know it, many magpie supporters are coming out to PNU due to family ties and mates there. This will just add another dimension to the atmosphere that these games bring. Can't wait!

Might have to get a few of our lads to find the flags that we made for a GF a few years ago and see if we can out cheer the famous PNU Cheer Squad ;)
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:38 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Suri wrote:

9/10ths of the cheer squad are not old enough to drink. With the influx of the magpies cheer squad into the PNU one it will be interesting to see what gems and sparkling repartee in the way of chants will come to fruition. :lol:
At any rate that is one contest i cant wait to see next year PNU v Walkies. I ran into Cocky at Unley oval recently and i reckon he is refreshed and ready to make an impact back at the Cattery. I expect a lot more consistency from the cats next year.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:47 pm

Suri wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:
Suri wrote:

Might have to get a few of our lads to find the flags that we made for a GF a few years ago and see if we can out cheer the famous PNU Cheer Squad ;)

Would be good to see :)
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:49 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:
Suri wrote:

9/10ths of the cheer squad are not old enough to drink. With the influx of the magpies cheer squad into the PNU one it will be interesting to see what gems and sparkling repartee in the way of chants will come to fruition. :lol:
At any rate that is one contest i cant wait to see next year PNU v Walkies. I ran into Cocky at Unley oval recently and i reckon he is refreshed and ready to make an impact back at the Cattery. I expect a lot more consistency from the cats next year.

I heard a rumour the PNUCS already has a few special things planned for being in div 2. And yes it will be interesting to see a few of the maggies blokes out at PNU. I know a few who refuse to come out though because they don't want any connection with G.McIntosh haha
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby NO-MERCY » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Being a Magpies person myself i don't believe that bullshit.
NO-MERCY
Coach

Been liked: 15 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League