Unley
7%
Westminster OS
8%

Total votes : 232

Re: SAAFL Div 4 & Div 4R (2011)

Postby Bigshow82 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:55 pm

baggy wrote:Coaches for Elizabeth 2011
A Grade - Matt Gallarello (continuing from last year)Coached to last year’s Div 5 G.F no surprise here!
B Grade - Darren Ellis Well done to Darren on his new appointment! After 300 + games and life membership. Darren now faces the new challenge of coaching.Good luck Darren!
C Grade - Mark Box (continuing from last year)

What happened with Daniel Glennie? I would have thought after coaching the B grade to a GF he would have continued?
Bigshow82
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 35 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:41 pm

beef wrote:is is true fitzroy tried to get bourke back as coach this year so he wouldnt take any more players, he said no as he had a two year deal with glenunga he was going to honour.

i heard that is true.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Punk Rooster » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:52 pm

kookas wrote:
beef wrote:is is true fitzroy tried to get bourke back as coach this year so he wouldnt take any more players, he said no as he had a two year deal with glenunga he was going to honour.

i heard that is true.
this is not true.
Chad has never applied for the position as A grade coach at Fitzroy, nor has the club offered him the position
That is not to say that neither party may or may not be interested in the future, but are the facts as they stand.
Chad saw an opportunity, when Glenunga advertised the position of A grade coach, & the club wishes him all the best with his endeavours.
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby BenchedEagle » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:39 pm

Bigshow82 wrote:
A Grade - Matt Gallarello (continuing from last year)Coached to last year’s Div 5 G.F no surprise here!
B Grade - Darren Ellis Well done to Darren on his new appointment! After 300 + games and life membership. Darren now faces the new challenge of coaching.Good luck Darren!

What happened with Daniel Glennie? I would have thought after coaching the B grade to a GF he would have continued?
Glennie had work commitments for 2011 and pulled out of race at last minute i believe. The Silverfox stepped up and took the job.

Matty G goes around again, good to have a long term coach at EFC :)

Mark Box got the C grade uncontested as their were no other applicants. Wel be hoping for a better result in the 3rds this year after last years disappointing effort, compared to our Seniors..
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 51 times

Postby baggy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:50 pm

duncs wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:

Glennie had work commitments for 2011 and pulled out of race at last minute i believe. The Silverfox stepped up and took the job.

Mark Box got the C grade uncontested as their were no other applicants. Wel be hoping for a better result in the 3rds this year after last years disappointing effort, compared to our Seniors..

When I spoke to Boxy he wanted the B grade job at Elizabeth and was rather annoyed when he was beaten by a rookie coach. Also did hear that the A grade Coach didn’t want him there anyway after Daniel Glennie pulled the pin. The Job was the silver foxes weeks before the interviews even took place at the club.
baggy
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby baggy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:01 pm

baggy wrote:
duncs wrote:
Bigshow82 wrote:

When I spoke to Boxy he wanted the B grade job at Elizabeth and was rather annoyed when he was beaten by a rookie coach. Also did hear that the A grade Coach didn’t want him there anyway after Daniel Glennie pulled the pin. The Job was the silver foxes weeks before the interviews even took place at the club.

Did hear Glennie didn't even go for the job and is off to Salisbury West as a Ass coach & player to Shane Stokes in thier A grade
baggy
Rookie

Postby baggy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Maybe Boxy should go for the Job at Eastern Park B grade seeing he's past player there.
With such a young B grade side he do well! He did apply for the role last year but didn't go for the interview as he said yes to Elizabeth C grade job weeks before
Eastern Park rang him.I did hear some at Eastern Park are keen to get past players who have played in Premierships back to the cub.
baggy
Rookie

Postby BenchedEagle » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:12 pm

baggy wrote:
baggy wrote:When I spoke to Boxy he wanted the B grade job at Elizabeth and was rather annoyed when he was beaten by a rookie coach. Also did hear that the A grade Coach didn’t want him there anyway after Daniel Glennie pulled the pin. The Job was the silver foxes weeks before the interviews even took place at the club.

Did hear Glennie didn't even go for the job and is off to Salisbury West as a Ass coach & player to Shane Stokes in thier A grade

Its a tough ask goin for a higher job when his 2010 side didnt have a great year and got the spoon. I dunno bout other clubs but if a 300game veteran wants a coaching position and the A grade coach supports him, hes prob gonna get it if the coach currently in the position isnt up for it..

and good luck to Glennie if he does go back. We had a 3-4 great years service from him at EFC. Only natural some blokes wanna go back to their home club. Top bloke and i wish him luck in whatever he does. As i said it was only 2nd hand knowledge of the coaching selections for 2011.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby baggy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:06 pm

duncs wrote:
baggy wrote:
baggy wrote:When I spoke to Boxy he wanted the B grade job at Elizabeth and was rather annoyed when he was beaten by a rookie coach. Also did hear that the A grade Coach didn’t want him there anyway after Daniel Glennie pulled the pin. The Job was the silver foxes weeks before the interviews even took place at the club.

Its a tough ask goin for a higher job when his 2010 side didnt have a great year and got the spoon. I dunno bout other clubs but if a 300game veteran wants a coaching position and the A grade coach supports him, hes prob gonna get it if the coach currently in the position isnt up for it..

and good luck to Glennie if he does go back. We had a 3-4 great years service from him at EFC. Only natural some blokes wanna go back to their home club. Top bloke and i wish him luck in whatever he does. As i said it was only 2nd hand knowledge of the coaching selections for 2011.

Duncs I guess its right any club would take the 300 game player 1st but knowing Boxy for sometime. He's won a few premierships coaching at junior level so he must have something.Yet Iv sometimes quested him about his coaching at senior level. He said if you dont get the best players at the club 1st hand you struggle to put a good team on the park.When you have kids you always get the best players.
baggy
Rookie

Postby carey » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:25 pm

on the glennie issue at elizabeth i dont think it was a case of glennie not wanting the job he wasnt aware he had to apply as he didnt in the first place to get it. ashame really good bloke and seemed a good coach.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:27 pm

also heard today of 4 HUGE and i mean HUGE names are heading to westminster this year should they seal the deal they'll be my pick for the flag these players are that good :shock:

3 of them have played league footy and the other has played div1.
carey
Coach

Postby turk186 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:02 pm

carey wrote:also heard today of 4 HUGE and i mean HUGE names are heading to westminster this year should they seal the deal they'll be my pick for the flag these players are that good :shock:

Care to elaborate further???
OE any comment...think of the points 8)
Opinions and bumholes..you either have one or are one IMO
turk186
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:06 pm

carey wrote:on the glennie issue at elizabeth i dont think it was a case of glennie not wanting the job he wasnt aware he had to apply as he didnt in the first place to get it. ashame really good bloke and seemed a good coach.

pretty sure ur info is off the pace there mate.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Postby Pag » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:04 am

turk186 wrote:
carey wrote:also heard today of 4 HUGE and i mean HUGE names are heading to westminster this year should they seal the deal they'll be my pick for the flag these players are that good :shock:

Care to elaborate further???
OE any comment...think of the points 8)
Wouldn't surprise me if OE pulls something like this out, not sure he'll be giving away too many names on here if it's true though.

I'd doubt Westminster would've had many carry-over points for this year, maybe Manfield and Nathan?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby zedman » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:10 am

mmm :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby carey » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:42 am

zedman wrote:

mmm :)

it was confirmed to me this morning that yes they are going to westminster but at this stage i can not mention there names sorry boys i will tho very soon......
carey
Coach

Postby One Eyed » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:26 am

Just chipping away
One Eyed
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Lance's brother » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:42 am

Looks like I'll be dropping down to the B's this year then, if that's true.
Lance's brother
Under 18s

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby One Eyed » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:51 am

No LB we have a C grade
One Eyed
League - Best 21

Postby Lance's brother » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:54 am

One Eyed wrote:No LB we have a C grade

Ha ha. Cool, you won't see me at pre-season then. See you in April. :)
Lance's brother
Under 18s

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 10 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League