HENLEY DIV 1 FAVOURITES SITTING 2nd BOTTOM

Adelaide Footy League Talk

HENLEY DIV 1 FAVOURITES SITTING 2nd BOTTOM

Postby Tiger Couple » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:05 am

Div 1 is looking pretty even competition this year but I can't see too many people having picked Henley to be 2nd bottom after 3 rounds and hoping to bounce back from a 111 point belting by Adelaide University.

People had Henley down as strong contenders for the Flag I know there is a long way to go but the signs are not good for Henley.

Not enough Goal Kicking power without Iljiscen and Johncock or what is the problem? Can anyone shed some light on there demise at this stage of the season.

I am not writing them off but they seem to be far from Premiership contenders at the moment and have another tough game against Gaza this week.
Tiger Couple
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby cj_blacks » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:17 pm

good
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Pag » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:02 pm

I was one of those people who picked them top, and I'll stand by that tip.

Even though Ugrinic didn't end up coming through, I wouldn't think Henley will be in the bottom-five much longer. Once Phillipou gets used to amatuer footy and his teammates a bit more, I'm sure the goals will flow from his boot. And Johncock isn't out for the whole year, is he?

The season is only three weeks old. They've played 2 quality opposition sides (Goody Saints, Adelaide Uni) in the last two weeks, so they haven't had the easiest early draw. Last week was a disaster, but it's a different game this week. They'll still be around the mark. There is only 2 games between 1st & 10th, so I' sure they're not panicking.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby leftrightout » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:54 am

After having 2 dominating seasons (Div 2 then Div 1) do you think that Henley's luck has run out? Players getting injured during the week, others not lacing up the boots, the ball bouncing the wrong way, umpires awarding 50/50 free kicks against them, etc etc. I hear (from a bias Henley view point) that they were on the end of some very poor umpiring decisions on the weekend V Gaza. Hey thats footy, all clubs go through it, the strong ones keep moving forward and the move back!!
leftrightout
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Bluedemon » Mon May 01, 2006 1:34 pm

its good to see henley going crap, GO THE SAINTS
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Tiger Couple » Mon May 08, 2006 2:34 am

They will have played the top 5 sides in the first 5 rounds so the next 4 weeks will be make or break for the Sharks.

With Seaton (H), Broadview (A), Salisbury North (H), Edwardstown (A), Then Port Districts (H) who they have already knocked off this year.

I would imagine they can't really afford to drop any of these without hitting the panic button.

There whole season is made up of 4 qtrs. Tough 1st qtr against top sides, easier 2nd qtr against lower ranked sides, Tough 3rd will need to get more wins than the first qtr of season, 4th qtr will need to come up with a wet sale and rack up the wins to slide into the 5.

I think two losses in the next 5 games rules out finals participation and brings relegation into the equation.

I think they will at best finish 4th and at worst finish 7th/8th.

Broadview look to be set for a stint in Div 2 with Port Districts, Seaton, Henley and Edwardstown fighting to stay up.
Tiger Couple
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League