HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby Milkman101 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:14 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Toto wrote:Fair enough mate, just think it’s strange. When the seniors aren’t doing overly well and you have very handy, experienced A grade footballers in your reserves.....

They are a chance for a Reserves premiership

Hahndorfs side might have something to say about that. Who would have thought at the beginning of the year that the match up of the year would be contested in the B Grade with Hahndorf Vs Echunga
Milkman101
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Boyohboywowee » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:13 pm

Big day for the BarkerRoos - great day for us to end the Woods finals tilt!
Boyohboywowee
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:49 pm

Milkman101 wrote:
Toto wrote:Fair enough mate, just think it’s strange. When the seniors aren’t doing overly well and you have very handy, experienced A grade footballers in your reserves.....

Hahndorfs side might have something to say about that. Who would have thought at the beginning of the year that the match up of the year would be contested in the B Grade with Hahndorf Vs Echunga

Very surprised to see the result. Echunga won by 7 goals.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:49 pm

Boyohboywowee wrote:Big day for the BarkerRoos - great day for us to end the Woods finals tilt!

Whoops.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Boyohboywowee » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:13 pm

cracka wrote:
Boyohboywowee wrote:Big day for the BarkerRoos - great day for us to end the Woods finals tilt!

Whoops.

Didn't quite go to plan! Need more out of our better onballers this week!
If we can stop Aish and Mcreadie, that will go a long way to us turning the tables on them. They've kicked 50% of their goals this year.

Lobey look in danger of straight sets after their effort. Georgiou gone for year is my mail from the Nairne blokes.

Onkas could be the real smokey to upset the Magpie Juggernaut?!
Boyohboywowee
Mini-League

Postby cracka » Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:45 pm

Boyohboywowee wrote:
cracka wrote:

Whoops.

Didn't quite go to plan! Need more out of our better onballers this week!
If we can stop Aish and Mcreadie, that will go a long way to us turning the tables on them. They've kicked 50% of their goals this year.

Lobey look in danger of straight sets after their effort. Georgiou gone for year is my mail from the Nairne blokes.

Onkas could be the real smokey to upset the Magpie Juggernaut?!

It often happens when 2 teams play the last minor round game & then again in the 1st week of finals the result is reversed.

Its almost in Lobys best interest to not make the GF this year. If they do, next year they will be on 8 points so won't be able to retain all their recruits from this year.

We played Hahndorf last week & while competitive, we were completely outclassed. Probably in our best interest to not make the GF this year either so we can have more points for next year. I reckon the old points system was better.
cracka
Veteran

Postby magpiemaster » Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:32 am

cracka wrote:
Milkman101 wrote:

Very surprised to see the result. Echunga won by 7 goals.

What I witnessed in the A grade was embarrassing. This club needs to be in Div2. They're making the comp look like a joke
magpiemaster
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:32 pm

magpiemaster wrote: What I witnessed in the A grade was embarrassing. This club needs to be in Div2. They're making the comp look like a joke

You could actually argue Handorf are making the comp look like a joke and need to get shipped off to amateurs :lol:
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby wazzal77 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:48 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
magpiemaster wrote: What I witnessed in the A grade was embarrassing. This club needs to be in Div2. They're making the comp look like a joke

You could actually argue Handorf are making the comp look like a joke and need to get shipped off to amateurs :lol:

Has the fact that the salary cap for COVID this year exposed the variance in depth of Hahndorf vs other teams? If COVID hadnt have happened, would the other teams be closer as they could have played higher paid recruits? Or are the teams that Onkas and Lobey put forward pretty much the same irrespective ? What makes the win over Echunga more miserable for them is Hahndorf had no Daniel Roberts, no Michael Handby and no Scott Purling, 3 VERY handy players and they still won by nearly 30 goals.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby cracka » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:20 pm

wazzal77 wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:

Has the fact that the salary cap for COVID this year exposed the variance in depth of Hahndorf vs other teams? If COVID hadnt have happened, would the other teams be closer as they could have played higher paid recruits? Or are the teams that Onkas and Lobey put forward pretty much the same irrespective ? What makes the win over Echunga more miserable for them is Hahndorf had no Daniel Roberts, no Michael Handby and no Scott Purling, 3 VERY handy players and they still won by nearly 30 goals.

I doubt it. Pretty sure what we've (and Loby) played with this year was all the recruits we got prior to Covid, except Ed Smart who found work interstate. He would have been a handy 0 pointer
cracka
Veteran

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:55 pm

So Echunga are 0-8 in A grade but 8-0 in B grade?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3506 times

Postby Trader » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:So Echunga are 0-8 in A grade but 8-0 in B grade?

and, not but.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Boyohboywowee » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:51 pm

wazzal77 wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:

Can anyone confirm that Hahndorf only have 2 players playing that aren’t Hahndorf juniors? Cheney and another??
Boyohboywowee
Mini-League

Postby cracka » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:09 pm

Boyohboywowee wrote:
wazzal77 wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:

Can anyone confirm that Hahndorf only have 2 players playing that aren’t Hahndorf juniors? Cheney and another??

In last years GF I believe they had 17 of 21 players as ex juniors. Hourigan would have been 1 of the 4 so sounds plausible.
cracka
Veteran

Postby insideword1 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:01 pm

wazzal77 wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:

I don't think COVID has had a significant affect on recruiting in the HFL. Did many clubs lose significant recruits due to COVID? It did however bring ex-players and junior players back to clubs as they are zero point recruits. Hahndorf does have depth as a club and have seen great benefit from players returning (Adding both Males to an already existing premiership team).
Unfortunately for Echunga they are going through a rough patch (which most clubs do at some stage). Like most clubs with limited local players, they will likely have to rely on bring in recruits over a number of seasons to see them jump into finals contention again.
insideword1
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby SecretInformant » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:03 pm

Why have entry prices to finals increased this season?
SecretInformant

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby wazzal77 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:50 pm

SecretInformant wrote:Why have entry prices to finals increased this season?

is it to try and recoup $$$ from those who will attend?
I understand a max of 1,000 at the ground, do GF will be down around 3500 people? Has the HFL worked out how they are going to sell tickets to the GF? i expect to see a rabble with queues of people unable to enter the ground. You would hope that when they know what clubs are playing in the GF there is an allocation to them to pre sell to their members ? Or has the HFL done a covid plan to increase capacity?
wazzal77
Rookie

Been liked: 23 times

Postby spot on » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 am

How much have they increased by, I only go to watch my grandson play u14 but pay full price, probably because it is hard to police wether I leave after the u14 game.
spot on
Under 18s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby SecretInformant » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:15 pm

spot on wrote:

How much have they increased by, I only go to watch my grandson play u14 but pay full price, probably because it is hard to police wether I leave after the u14 game.

$12 for Adults. Also no weekend passes available I believe. Absolutely highway robbery!
SecretInformant

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby spot on » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:12 pm

SecretInformant wrote:
spot on wrote:

$12 for Adults. Also no weekend passes available I believe. Absolutely highway robbery!

Thanks mate, nothing surprises these days.
spot on
Under 18s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy