HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby cracka » Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:26 pm

overthehill wrote:So looking at the fixture i see its now Div 3 instead of C grade.
Also the other thing i notice is only 1 week of Sat/Sun finals for Div 1? This makes the finals series stretch over 5 weeks instead of 4. I guess this is the only way the HFL could stagger it to ensure Div 1 and Div 2 GF's don't fall on the same day as the Country Football League wouldn't allow Div 1 to have the bye on the weekend of the State Country Carnival. Pretty stupid if you ask me as it means the GF's are the 19th and 26th instead of the 12th and 19th

Yep and its now Div 1 & Div 2 instead of Central & Country divs.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby lovethefooty » Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:39 pm

anyone heard any last minute recruiting news?
I would assume most clubs are. still trying add talent
lovethefooty
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:38 pm

lovethefooty wrote:anyone heard any last minute recruiting news?
I would assume most clubs are. still trying add talent

All clearances are now up on the HFL website. You can sort by source club, destination club or date - very useful
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Yellow & Black » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:48 pm

Heard the Bankers are playing Crows State League side tonight. Anyone report on how they measured up? I'd expect a 25 goal flogging, surely
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby batmanbegins » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Yellow & Black wrote:Heard the Bankers are playing Crows State League side tonight. Anyone report on how they measured up? I'd expect a 25 goal flogging, surely

Was between a 12-15 goal loss but the quarters were only 15 minute quarters so theres a reason why it wasnt more. At quarter time it was 4 points to nothing but there extra fitness was to much. Still a good hit out for us and considering we had a few key players out it was good and certainly a good experience for some younger guys.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Windbag » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Sounds like that would've been a good hit out, where did you play out of interest?
Windbag
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby batmanbegins » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Windbag wrote:Sounds like that would've been a good hit out, where did you play out of interest?

Max Basheer, would of been funny if the game was at ironbank.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby citycoaster17 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:24 pm

Its been pretty quiet on here of late. Any footy news? Ins and outs for clubs? How is pre-season travelling for clubs and how many numbers?

Any late coaching movement?
citycoaster17
Rookie

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby lovethefooty » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:02 am

any clubs starting trials this week??
I would assume most clubs are getting into it now.
bring on the footy I say!!
lovethefooty
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby batmanbegins » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:04 am

lovethefooty wrote:any clubs starting trials this week??
I would assume most clubs are getting into it now.
bring on the footy I say!!

Ironbank is travelling to meningie to take them on, then broadview the following week.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby chopper7 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:27 am

How's this for your Sunday morning...... With no surprise TV have asked for extra points again this season, I really really hope the hills don't give in to them again.
Worse than that though is Echunga, the greatest ever team to walk this planet has also applied for more points for this year!!!! And the hills are actually considering it. How on earth can the premier from last year be granted extra player points? Hasn't this pig headed football club done enough damage over the summer already.
For them to go and have the balls to ask for points is just shocking.
I can't wait to see my boys absolutely smash the living daylights out of them RD 1. The beers are going to taste pretty nice coming out of my own esky and the fresh salad sandwiches will taste brilliant as well.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Legs Man » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:55 am

chopper7 wrote:How's this for your Sunday morning...... With no surprise TV have asked for extra points again this season, I really really hope the hills don't give in to them again.
Worse than that though is Echunga, the greatest ever team to walk this planet has also applied for more points for this year!!!! And the hills are actually considering it. How on earth can the premier from last year be granted extra player points? Hasn't this pig headed football club done enough damage over the summer already.
I can't wait to see my boys absolutely smash the living daylights out of them RD 1. The beers are going to taste pretty nice coming out of my own esky and the fresh salad sandwiches will taste brilliant as well.

Good attitude Chopper!

Echunga points are a discrepancy as to how the allocation is determined.
Currently the HFL is weighting Div 2 at the same value as Div 1 wins which is incorrect particularly given the re branding of the divisions.
For the relegation system to work points in Div 2 comp must be of lesser weight when determining the allocation - which of course is the logical decision - but logic is generally thrown out the window in our competition as repeatedly shown.

Your last comment regarding non support of the club you are visiting doesn't present you in a good way - surely you are bigger than that - and if not then you are pretty p1$$ weak!
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby chopper7 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:19 am

Legs Man wrote:
chopper7 wrote:How's this for your Sunday morning...... With no surprise TV have asked for extra points again this season, I really really hope the hills don't give in to them again.

Good attitude Chopper!

Currently the HFL is weighting Div 2 at the same value as Div 1 wins which is incorrect particularly given the re branding of the divisions.
For the relegation system to work points in Div 2 comp must be of lesser weight when determining the allocation - which of course is the logical decision - but logic is generally thrown out the window in our competition as repeatedly shown.

Your last comment regarding non support of the club you are visiting doesn't present you in a good way - surely you are bigger than that - and if not then you are pretty p1$$ weak!

Turn it up Legs, there is 9 other clubs who know they aren't bigger than the whole competition itself and then there is you guys. Believe me it won't just be myself not support your fantastic club, why would the rest of the clubs support you when all you have done as a club is created so much turmoil. Might as well sit your canteen staff out for the year mate!! You guys should have enough money anyway from all the savings you're making from offering free subs to under 15s and below.

As for the points again, to think you guys deserve more points after winning a flag is a deadset joke and pretty pi$$ weak as you put it. Your in div 1 now, div 2 from 2 or 3 years ago should not come into it.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Legs Man » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:01 pm

chopper7 wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

Good attitude Chopper!

Turn it up Legs, there is 9 other clubs who know they aren't bigger than the whole competition itself and then there is you guys. Believe me it won't just be myself not support your fantastic club, why would the rest of the clubs support you when all you have done as a club is created so much turmoil. Might as well sit your canteen staff out for the year mate!! You guys should have enough money anyway from all the savings you're making from offering free subs to under 15s and below.

As for the points again, to think you guys deserve more points after winning a flag is a deadset joke and pretty pi$$ weak as you put it. Your in div 1 now, div 2 from 2 or 3 years ago should not come into it.

As I stated the Div 2 wins are calculated when determining allocation which I agree should not be part of Div 1 allocation.
Echunga's points should simply be from Div 1 last year - I'll let you try and work that one out and see how many points should then be allocated.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby The Panther » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:05 pm

Move on Chopper
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby choppy » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Legs Man wrote:
chopper7 wrote:
Legs Man wrote:

Good attitude Chopper!

As I stated the Div 2 wins are calculated when determining allocation which I agree should not be part of Div 1 allocation.
Echunga's points should simply be from Div 1 last year - I'll let you try and work that one out and see how many points should then be allocated.

Whats the problem with 9 points Legs Man gives you the chance to recruit three, three point players. Isnt the idea of the APPS to let everyone a chance of premiership success. Win the premiership= less points bring you back to the pack?
choppy
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Legs Man » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:21 pm

I'm not disputing it but the club is obviously getting clarification.
Can someone explain how the points have been determined and how 9 was allocated please?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Postby batmanbegins » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:26 pm

Legs Man wrote:I'm not disputing it but the club is obviously getting clarification.
Can someone explain how the points have been determined and how 9 was allocated please?

Because you won the flag you get 9 points, then it gradually goes up for the teams that came lower. Hahndorf and Onkas would have 15 points for being bottom two, I think ironbank have 12 or 13 after coming 6th.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Postby M-train » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:28 pm

I smell a court case
M-train
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Loxton

Postby R. White » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:35 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
Legs Man wrote:I'm not disputing it but the club is obviously getting clarification.

Because you won the flag you get 9 points, then it gradually goes up for the teams that came lower. Hahndorf and Onkas would have 15 points for being bottom two, I think ironbank have 12 or 13 after coming 6th.

Seems fairly straight forward. I was under the understanding that it was averaged over 3 years though. If that it not the case then no reason for the inquiry by Echunga. If it is the case then it may have some merit as div 2 is a lower grade.
Personally I think it should just be based on the previous year only. Why complicate things?
As for your boys smashing Echunga round one chopper, good luck to you, but I would be more worried about beating them in September. You don't win preliminary finals in April
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy