HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby cracka » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:34 pm

cracka wrote:
cracka wrote:
Boyohboywowee wrote:Anyone heard how Lobey are going to turn 18 points into 8? Viney gone, Osborn done?

They only had 16 points last year. They had 6 players that had points attached to them & they all drop a point for next year so if Osborn doesn't play they'll be fine. If he plays then they'll have to use a couple of senior colts for minus points.

Just did a bit of research & the 6 points players they had totalled 19 points but didn't all play together in a game, McWaters played 3 B grade games when points were an issue by the looks of it..

Points allocation for 2020 were
Voight 2
McWaters 3
Dawe 4
Riley 4
Viney 3
Osborn 3

They've announced all have resigned so it will be a juggling act again to fit them all in even when Osborn doesn't play.

I see the HFL have given Lobethal 3 extra points for the season.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby BurntToast » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:43 pm

I have been a little out of the loop the past 18 months, what is the story with colts football? It appears to be an absolute mess and border line at crisis point. Where are the numbers? Is this just a result of the times? Too many clubs, or of the HFL doing? Its a real worry if kids aren't playing the game anymore.

Also, how are numbers in the moddies? Hopefully this could be a bit of a 5 year anomaly and numbers creep back up again into the colts over next couple of years.
BurntToast

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Blackwood

Postby saintal » Tue May 04, 2021 10:41 am

Hahndorf thumped Lobey by 20 goals in the GF rematch. Sitting top with a percentage of 78% after the opening month.

Bridgy the surprise packet after coming up from div 2, also sitting undefeated.

Appears to be a competitive race for 2nd spot.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby wazzal77 » Mon May 10, 2021 9:51 am

saintal wrote:Hahndorf thumped Lobey by 20 goals in the GF rematch. Sitting top with a percentage of 78% after the opening month.

Bridgy the surprise packet after coming up from div 2, also sitting undefeated.

Appears to be a competitive race for 2nd spot.

I think Lobey were pretty undermanned with injuries, but it was still a big loss to Hahndorf. Blackwood and Bridgy the form teams (we will leave Hahndorf out as they are a class above at the moment) with Blackwoods only loss being to Hahndorf in round 1. Mt Barker has been the suprise, they appear to be woeful from the replays I have seen.

the Bridgewater v Hahndorf game will be very interesting.
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri May 14, 2021 7:11 pm

Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri May 14, 2021 7:48 pm

Dutchy wrote:http://www.blackwoodfootballclub.com.au/2021-notice-special-general-meeting/
Don't think they would get away with playing 3 pointers as 0 pointers in the AdFL...
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby wazzal77 » Mon May 17, 2021 1:08 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:http://www.blackwoodfootballclub.com.au/2021-notice-special-general-meeting/
Don't think they would get away with playing 3 pointers as 0 pointers in the AdFL...

So in a couple weeks we will know if Blackwood will be in the HFL or venture back down the plains. Probably a better move for them to be in the city. The junior comp in the hills is an issue and they already have their underage teams, womens and C grade playing down there.

The move may proven beneficial for a club nearby like Ironbank if there are parents and players wanting to stay in the hills to play, but what Blackwood lose they will likely pick up with more kids and players from the city being attracted to play with them and not travelling out in the hills area.
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby caleb777 » Mon May 17, 2021 9:31 pm

Can someone please explain to me why lots of clubs are so keen for Blackwood to leave? Losing one of the biggest clubs in the comp who travel in large numbers cant be good for the overall health of clubs. You travel there once maybe twice if you have a final. I get the whole "not a hills town" but neither is Barker anymore if you read any discussion on fb about the expansion of it.
caleb777
Under 16s

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Barkeroo » Wed May 19, 2021 12:08 am

caleb777 wrote:Can someone please explain to me why lots of clubs are so keen for Blackwood to leave? Losing one of the biggest clubs in the comp who travel in large numbers cant be good for the overall health of clubs. You travel there once maybe twice if you have a final. I get the whole "not a hills town" but neither is Barker anymore if you read any discussion on fb about the expansion of it.

Yeah I don't get the people that say they want Blackwood to leave. The more clubs the better I say. I just don't see the point of playing down town, couldn't there be the potential for even more travel if they are in a division with clubs north of the city?
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby cracka » Wed May 19, 2021 9:58 am

caleb777 wrote:Can someone please explain to me why lots of clubs are so keen for Blackwood to leave? Losing one of the biggest clubs in the comp who travel in large numbers cant be good for the overall health of clubs. You travel there once maybe twice if you have a final. I get the whole "not a hills town" but neither is Barker anymore if you read any discussion on fb about the expansion of it.

Not sure that's correct. The joke years ago used to be that when the forwards kicked a goal, the defenders would run to their cars & beep their horns.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 24, 2021 11:10 am

My lad is playing 18's at Kangarilla this year and have been really enjoying the HFL experience so far.

They went from 6 players in January to now having nearly 30, have a number of 15 & 16yo's and are the only Div 2 team in the comp, got convincingly beaten in their 1st 2 games, but have now won 4 of their last 5 and sit 5th.

The canteens and BBQ's are next level also! :D
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby wazzal77 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:12 pm

Hahndorf convincing over Bridgewater, is anyone going to come close to them? They seem to be level above going by the scores. I think Lobey are still a chance, they were beaten convincgly by Hahndorf last year but toppled them in the 2nd and got close in the GF.

Echunga seem to be big improvers, but Top 5 seems to be Hahndorf, Lobey, Onkas, Blackwood and then Bridgewater or Uraidla?
Mt Barker and Nairne dont appear to have the goods and Echunga will just miss out. Thoughts?
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby Barkeroo » Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:50 pm

wazzal77 wrote:Hahndorf convincing over Bridgewater, is anyone going to come close to them? They seem to be level above going by the scores. I think Lobey are still a chance, they were beaten convincgly by Hahndorf last year but toppled them in the 2nd and got close in the GF.

Echunga seem to be big improvers, but Top 5 seems to be Hahndorf, Lobey, Onkas, Blackwood and then Bridgewater or Uraidla?
Mt Barker and Nairne dont appear to have the goods and Echunga will just miss out. Thoughts?

Pretty good assessment of it mate. Don't think anyone will get close to Hahndorf even for a few years to come, credit to them though alot of this success is due to their own junior development. Seems (from the outside) to be a really well run club.
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:19 pm

Checked out the new Mt Barker Oval on Saturday, great set up, can see the oval being a blessing in the middle of winter when all other grounds are heavy. Only detraction I noticed was how small the actual clubrooms were, considering the footprint they had to work with it seemed unusual.

Could definitely see some preseason footy and AFLW / WBBL games up there in future
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby wazzal77 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:21 pm

Dutchy wrote:Checked out the new Mt Barker Oval on Saturday, great set up, can see the oval being a blessing in the middle of winter when all other grounds are heavy. Only detraction I noticed was how small the actual clubrooms were, considering the footprint they had to work with it seemed unusual.

Could definitely see some preseason footy and AFLW / WBBL games up there in future

With no permiter fence how will they charge entry fees? Clubrooms too small for land size I agree. And when I saw the oval it was slightly boggy near the turf pitch and that was after a few mms of rain let alone the downpour that we have had this week. Will be interesting to see how it will hold up. My understanding is that its a HFL lease, sub leased to Mt Barker, and that any club can use the grounds in the HFL not just Mt Barker? I wonder how much the lease is costing the HFL and all the clubs and how much Mt Barker is contributing. Lets hope that it wont become a noose around the neck of the HFL and the clubs to support Mt Barker having a new home ground. Time will tell, yes I am suspicious about the set up ..
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby Corona Man » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:55 pm

Potentially a white elephant?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:05 pm

wazzal77 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Checked out the new Mt Barker Oval on Saturday, great set up, can see the oval being a blessing in the middle of winter when all other grounds are heavy. Only detraction I noticed was how small the actual clubrooms were, considering the footprint they had to work with it seemed unusual.

With no permiter fence how will they charge entry fees? Clubrooms too small for land size I agree. And when I saw the oval it was slightly boggy near the turf pitch and that was after a few mms of rain let alone the downpour that we have had this week. Will be interesting to see how it will hold up. My understanding is that its a HFL lease, sub leased to Mt Barker, and that any club can use the grounds in the HFL not just Mt Barker? I wonder how much the lease is costing the HFL and all the clubs and how much Mt Barker is contributing. Lets hope that it wont become a noose around the neck of the HFL and the clubs to support Mt Barker having a new home ground. Time will tell, yes I am suspicious about the set up ..

Yeah spoke to a few people, who weren't real sure on how the financial arrangement works, other than Mt Barker believe they will make more $'s back at their traditional home base than play all games out there, so they would be reluctant to play the big clubs out there, certainly doesn't seem it will be their permanent base.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Bluedemon » Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:47 pm

I wonder if Sturt FC might use the ground for pre-season instead of using Cornerstone college
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:30 pm

Association players had to give back their shorts and socks after Saturdays game :roll:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Bluedemon » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:Association players had to give back their shorts and socks after Saturdays game :roll:

I thought they would normally do that anyway.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy