Tatiara Kowree Naracoorte

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Tatiara Kowree Naracoorte

Postby steiger » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:50 pm

Appreciate comments from any South Easterners out there on the finals series and the way it's shaping up.
Hear that Keith have made the GF in A's B's and U17's - big effort that
Also hear that they wore their old black and white against their arch enemy in Bordertown in the last round of the season and that there were many who were glad to see that again. Perhaps they can change back permanently and get rid of those Crows jumpers they wear these days.
steiger
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Tatiara Kowree Naracoorte

Postby Ian » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:34 pm

steiger wrote:Appreciate comments from any South Easterners out there on the finals series and the way it's shaping up.
Also hear that they wore their old black and white against their arch enemy in Bordertown in the last round of the season and that there were many who were glad to see that again. Perhaps they can change back permanently and get rid of those Crows jumpers they wear these days.

Both towns I grew up in have changed from Black & White to Crows colours, Keith, and Border Downs (Coonalpyn) Borders also have made 3 GF's this year, A,s, B's, and colts, Good luck to them all.
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby GWW » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:24 pm

steiger wrote:Appreciate comments from any South Easterners out there on the finals series and the way it's shaping up.

Arch enemy? Haven't they only been in the same league for about 10 years?
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Ian » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:36 pm

GWW wrote:

Keith and Bordertown were both from the Tatiara league prior to the amalgamation of leagues (when Keith went from Magpies to Crows), and yes, they have been arch enemy's for at least 40 years that I know of.
Ian

Postby GWW » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:46 am

Ian wrote:
GWW wrote:

Keith and Bordertown were both from the Tatiara league prior to the amalgamation of leagues (when Keith went from Magpies to Crows), and yes, they have been arch enemy's for at least 40 years that I know of.

No worries, my mistake :)
GWW

Postby steiger » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:33 am

Ian wrote:Both towns I grew up in have changed from Black & White to Crows colours, Keith, and Border Downs (Coonalpyn) Borders also have made 3 GF's this year, A,s, B's, and colts, Good luck to them all.

Border Downs being now combined with Tintinara - yeah great effort as well to make all 3 GF's.
They come up against Lameroo isn't it this weekend - good luck to both sides

Ian - grew up in Keith myself and played school and colts footy before laving the district to start work. Bordertown was alway the hate side (with a little bit saved for Kaniva). Nice to see them getting smashed these days but there was a day when they were good - geez that hurts
steiger
League - Best 21

Postby GWW » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:29 pm

steiger wrote:
Ian wrote:Both towns I grew up in have changed from Black & White to Crows colours, Keith, and Border Downs (Coonalpyn) Borders also have made 3 GF's this year, A,s, B's, and colts, Good luck to them all.

Border Downs being now combined with Tintinara - yeah great effort as well to make all 3 GF's.

Ian - grew up in Keith myself and played school and colts footy before laving the district to start work. Bordertown was alway the hate side (with a little bit saved for Kaniva). Nice to see them getting smashed these days but there was a day when they were good - geez that hurts

I saw Bordertown play some finals/GF's in the 90's, they had some great players, such as McCarthy, Budel etc. Mundulla always seemed to have their measure in the big games though. Mundulla, especially with the size of the town (and i realise they recruited a few from Bordertown as well), has been one of the most successful clubs in SA country over the last 15 years (think they won 7 flags in a row?), although with the emergence of other clubs such as Lucindale, Kingston, Naracoorte etc over last 3/4 years haven't been as successful.
GWW

Postby GWW » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:37 pm

Keith's effort to make the GF is fantastic, given where they were 2 or 3 years ago. I'd be interested in knowing whether or not theyre paying out as much as Lucindale, presumably they'd have to be given their sudden emergence in the league. Jim West (he must be nearly 40 now!!) has had a good year and i'm sure has contributed partially to their success.

One player who i'm quite interested in is Cooper from Kingston. Haven't seen him play, but he must be a star. Not sure what the current record is for goals in a season (is it held by Shiell from RMFL club Imperials?), but he'd have to be giving it a shake this year. I believe he could be from the NT, you'd have to think his talents are being wasted playing in the country, i'm sure many SANFL clubs would be interested in recruting him for next year. Glenelg presumably would have an advantage given that hes in their zone, but if hes a recruit from outside the area, i'm not sure how that would work.
GWW

Postby Ian » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:59 pm

steiger wrote:

When Borders were in the RMFL they were the leagues easy beats, but would still knock off Tintinara (even in their premiership year) in trial games most years. Playing U15's I played in the clubs 1st GF, the U15's finally broke through a couple of years later for the clubs 1st flag. it would be great to see them enjoy some success.

steiger wrote:Ian - grew up in Keith myself and played school and colts footy before laving the district to start work. Bordertown was alway the hate side (with a little bit saved for Kaniva). Nice to see them getting smashed these days but there was a day when they were good - geez that hurts

I moved back to Keith in '81 (just after their 4th straight flag) after 8 years at Coonalpyn. I moved to Adelaide to start work, I went home to see Keith's 5th straight (and last I think) flag, we played Bordertown @ Tintinara, being a North supporter, and huge fan of Peter Cloke, I think I was the only person supporting Keith that didn't cheer when Cloke was ironed out, which was probably the turning point that gave Keith its flag that year, no Cloke, no Bordertown, and didn't the Keith players know it. Cloke had taken Bordertown from bottom to a GF, and I think they won the flag the following year.
Ian

Postby am Bays » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:01 am

*Bump*

Rumour doing the rounds in western country Victoria is that one T Modra will be donning the Crows colours again in 2007...The Keith Crows....allegedly...
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 1919 times

Postby Rapper » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:57 am

Can anyone give me some mail on Hamish Tamlin. Did he do his knee in the GF. He must of had a great year at Keith?
Rapper
Rookie

Postby GWW » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:00 pm

Rapper wrote:Can anyone give me some mail on Hamish Tamlin. Did he do his knee in the GF. He must of had a great year at Keith?

I'm not certain???? but i dont think Tamlin did his knee in the GF, I've heard he came under some heavy attention from a tagger - after he was injured i think he kept playing but didn't have much influence on the game from thereon.

Handy player from what i've heard though, former Reserves Magarey Medalist with Norwood. Why the interest Rapper, your club looking at recruiting him?
GWW

Postby GWW » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:03 pm

1980 Tassie Medalist wrote:*Bump*

Rumour doing the rounds in western country Victoria is that one T Modra will be donning the Crows colours again in 2007...The Keith Crows....allegedly...

He does have links with a few people involved with Keith Footy club, so im not surprised they'd be trying to recruit him. He only plays about 50% of games these days with his Adelaide Crows commitments, but would be a good investment neverthless, although if Jim West is still playing could make for quite an "experienced" forward line.

Will be interesting to hear if anything official comes of this or if its just pure rumour/speculation....
GWW

Postby Rapper » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:02 am

No mate. Just heard he won the mail medal but did not seem to have much influence in the GF. Looked the goods during the year
Rapper
Rookie

Postby Maddogmike » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:38 pm

He has had bad knee injuries in the past. 2 x cracked knee caps during his early days at Norwood. He played at SPOC in 2005 for a bit.
You can If you believe you can
Maddogmike
Reserves

Postby bay boy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:35 pm

Rapper wrote:Can anyone give me some mail on Hamish Tamlin. Did he do his knee in the GF. He must of had a great year at Keith?

Hamish Tamlin did do his knee but sat in a forward pocket for the last 3 quarters

Spoke to a player from Keith he confirmed Modra has said yes to playing but hasn't signed on yet
J West will be playing again for Keith
bay boy
Under 16s

Postby GWW » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:12 pm

Read on the SANFL forum that West has been diagnosed with a serious illness, so presumably his playing capacity this year may be limited??
GWW

Postby bay boy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:53 pm

GWW wrote:Read on the SANFL forum that West has been diagnosed with a serious illness, so presumably his playing capacity this year may be limited??

West appartently been diagnosed early so if everything goes fine with his illness will only miss the 1st couple of games
bay boy
Under 16s

Postby Flyingfox » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:40 pm

any news on any player movements down there? any new signings?
Flyingfox
Mini-League

Postby Down&Out » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:17 pm

FF maybe trying to see where all the apsley boys are off too??
Wouldn't hold my breath on Modra playing for Keith- Keith have been talking up that rumour since Ryan Smart strated playing with him at Encounter bay, rumours got bigger when Butler bought him to footy training one night. Doesn't take much to get Keith into a frenzy!
Down&Out
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Peake

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy