Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:28 pm

Liddle having a year off I believe
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby damian » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:08 pm

Jackson Elmes leaving Victor already? Can anyone confirm?
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Goolwa-Port Elliott

Postby Tiger83 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:50 pm

damian wrote:Jackson Elmes leaving Victor already? Can anyone confirm?

Well the clearance is to Gaza apparently.
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby jackpot jim » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:01 pm

So with the season about to get under way, whats peoples thoughts on who is most likely to challenge the Creeks for the Flag this year?
Creeks have pretty much retained all of last years team with a couple returning so they're not gonna come back to the field. The lure of equaling Club history of 4 successive Premierships has been a major motivational factor for them in their pre season i've heard.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby old fullback » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:57 am

jackpot jim wrote:So with the season about to get under way, whats peoples thoughts on who is most likely to challenge the Creeks for the Flag this year?
Creeks have pretty much retained all of last years team with a couple returning so they're not gonna come back to the field. The lure of equaling Club history of 4 successive Premierships has been a major motivational factor for them in their pre season i've heard.

Did you read that straight out of the Argus Jackpot Jim?
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby jackpot jim » Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:55 pm

old fullback wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:So with the season about to get under way, whats peoples thoughts on who is most likely to challenge the Creeks for the Flag this year?

Did you read that straight out of the Argus Jackpot Jim?

Thought it may have been the opposite way around ? :?

Be interesting to see how their coverage of local footy stacks up compared to Perrys' coverage over the last 40 - 50 years.

Their cricket coverage was pretty ordinary but prepared to cut them some slack i guess until they find their feet.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby damian » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:32 pm

Creeks are definitely the team to beat.

I like the inclusions at Bays & Compass which will see both at the pointy end of the field again I believe.

McLaren & Willunga have been pretty quiet in the off-season from what I’ve seen/heard but have good depth so definitely won’t fall out of finals contention.

Yankalilla & Strath are potentially a little weaker (on paper) than they were last year.

Pongy pretty similar I imagine while Victor could be struggling - although I have heard they’ve met/or are meeting with James Boyd and Seb Guilhaus. Considering the League just approved a $5000 loan for the club, they must’ve found $20k+ in the back pocket if they’re looking at recruiting these two.

My beloved Magpies have a lot of new faces, highlighted by Magic Raikiwasa & Zac Bates. Depth has really improved and they should halve the gap between them and the top sides.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Goolwa-Port Elliott

Postby footy1992 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:27 pm

The CSLFUP has just released the rules and interpretations that the umpires will be adjudicating by this year in both leagues.

Take note of the 15m arc at kick-ins, 25m penalty (down from 50m) and the tightening on abuse against umpires.
Appears umpire retention is getting more and more difficult.
Attachments
Rules - Focus.pdf
(208.4 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
footy1992
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:24 pm

Victor Harbor only 1 goal between their A and B Grade :shock:
does this say how good Willunga are or just how bad Victor are gonna be this season ?
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby kickittome » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:55 pm

jackpot jim wrote:Victor Harbor only 1 goal between their A and B Grade :shock:
does this say how good Willunga are or just how bad Victor are gonna be this season ?

4 goals total across all 4 grades! Very concerning for Victor who normally have pretty good numbers across all grades.
Heard that Willunga had to top them up in the senior colts can anyone confirm the amount they needed to help Victor fill a team?
Something seriously gone wrong at Victor if this is the case.

All results went to plan with the one upset not many would have expected was Strath beating the Bays.
These two clubs always have tough physical battles & Saturday was no different. Both clubs had 4 or so out so on paper it looked pretty even. Close game all day that went down to the last minute. Bays normal trump card move of Davis Neale into the middle in the last qtr didn’t quiet get them up.

Early call but Compass & Creeks the teams to beat.
Unbelievable that Compass kept Mott & have the luxury of rolling him thru the middle, with
Pinyon back this year sitting in the goal square. Plus Johnstone roaming around wherever he is needed. Plus Ziggy will cause big headaches
for opposition coaches.

Expected Mclaren to beat Myponga by more but I guess it’s only round one.

Seeing young Towk from Creek junior colts kicking 14 goals v Yank was the biggest bag of goals I’ve seen for a long time. Great effort.
kickittome
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:25 am

Rules for some and rules for others APPS :shock:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:15 pm

Adjustment to Points System
The GSFL have notified all clubs that they may choose one player (that carries points) to be reduced by one point.
It comes after the League approved a request from Mount Compass to have a players points reduced due to him residing in Mount Compass.
The player received a one point deduction on Friday night allowing the Club to fit him into the A Grade side.
Other Clubs were notified by the League on Monday night via email.
It is believed that at least four Clubs were furious with the decision to approve the one point deduction.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:21 pm

Dutchy wrote:Adjustment to Points System
The GSFL have notified all clubs that they may choose one player (that carries points) to be reduced by one point.
It comes after the League approved a request from Mount Compass to have a players points reduced due to him residing in Mount Compass.
The player received a one point deduction on Friday night allowing the Club to fit him into the A Grade side.
It is believed that at least four Clubs were furious with the decision to approve the one point deduction.
WTF?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby jo172 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:35 pm

I didn't think the GSFL could unilaterally decide what points a player is? Isn't that a community footy call?
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby tigerpie » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:Adjustment to Points System

Mt Compass of all teams WTF?
This won't be the end of it I don't think.
Odd!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby mutton cove » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:12 pm

GSFL have sunk to an all time low as far as admin go's, move over SFL.
mutton cove
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Dutchy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:33 pm

Wouldn't be easier just to give every team an extra point?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:55 pm

Each league is allocated 15 points per club so GSFL is 150 points. They then distribute points accordingly and this is how equalisation policies can be put in place to give clubs less than 15 and some clubs more. For example, in 2021 Langhorne Creek has 9 points and Yank have 18 points.

The GSFL would definitely be contravening SACFL Rules if they allowed more than 150 points across the league hence why their only solution, which may still be a contravention, is to run with the alternative.

I didn't think where a player lives has any relevance to what points they are allocated. And if it did then the GSFL shouldn't have to be sending that message to clubs.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby shoe boy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:56 pm

Dutchy wrote:Wouldn't be easier just to give every team an extra point?

The rational of the APPS was to help the struggling clubs to recruit and with football departments recruiting based on allocation for 2021 one would believe it a bit late once round one starts especially when you consider this example was a club at the pointy end .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy