2009 footy trips

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

2009 footy trips

Postby superac » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:30 pm

i know it's early but were is the best places for footy trips in 2009?

were are team going in 09?
superac
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: 2009 footy trips

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:35 pm

I reckon it's fair to say not a single club would have plans for the 09 footy trip considering the majority are put together last minute........
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Kurt Pilkington » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:41 pm

the trick with footy trips is to get on top of it early. Put the date out there early (say october long weekend) so the blokes with families and what not can get browny points up early, and give the mrs's/work plenty of notice. Get a footy trip group together to help organise fundraisers and everything, and dont go thru the footy trip website, they ripped us off a couple of years ago, coulda gone to the same place they sent us at the same time about 300 bucks cheaper. was bullsh!t. You just need good organisers!ie. accountants, business types at the footy club.
Cairns i here is the place to be!
Kurt Pilkington
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby toot toot » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:14 pm

Kurt Pilkington wrote:the trick with footy trips is to get on top of it early. Put the date out there early (say october long weekend) so the blokes with families and what not can get browny points up early, and give the mrs's/work plenty of notice. Get a footy trip group together to help organise fundraisers and everything, and dont go thru the footy trip website, they ripped us off a couple of years ago, coulda gone to the same place they sent us at the same time about 300 bucks cheaper. was bullsh!t. You just need good organisers!ie. accountants, business types at the footy club.

we've already got a couple of people on board to start organising our footy trip. Cairns has been thrown up as an option along with the Gold Coast
toot toot
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby blackcat » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:16 pm

Gold Coast is awesome for a footy trip
blackcat
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Pag » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:44 pm

Kurt Pilkington wrote:the trick with footy trips is to get on top of it early. Put the date out there early (say october long weekend) so the blokes with families and what not can get browny points up early, and give the mrs's/work plenty of notice. Get a footy trip group together to help organise fundraisers and everything, and dont go thru the footy trip website, they ripped us off a couple of years ago, coulda gone to the same place they sent us at the same time about 300 bucks cheaper. was bullsh!t. You just need good organisers!ie. accountants, business types at the footy club.
The footy trip company are shit. We went through them this year, got to our hotel in Geelong on the Thursday arvo, and the lady came out and said 'Um, boys, the footy trip company didn't book you in until tomorrow.'

Idiots.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby blackcat » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:55 pm

Yeah they sure don't mind ripping clubs off
blackcat
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:34 pm

Never heard of footy trip website - is it Nigerian?
Ken hell guys, it aint that difficult - Kurt has nailed it. Appoint a Chairman who should appoint 2 deputies. Appoint a Sargent at Arms - he is very important as he is in charge of fines for the year and the trip. Pick a budget and a place, and work towards it. But organise the entertainment before you go. Most of the local pubs, nightclubs and "Equestrian Clubs" will let you in for free if you organise it before you go, otherwise you pay full tote odds on the night. They will also let the local girls knowabout the fresh (or not so fresh) meat

PPPPP!
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 1093 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Liquid Confidence » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:39 am

Perth is a pretty good place to go, no-one over there will know where you are from... Just a little costly thats all, but with planning and fundraising, shouldnt cost you too much.

For a cheaper weekend, you cant go past one of the big race days in Melbourne, but it is becoming more and more popular for trips to go there... but Melb is cheapest destination!!!

Darwin, the place is party central, backpackers galore for the young boys to sink their teeth (and what ever else they can) into!!! Again not the cheapest destination but something a little different...
Liquid Confidence
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby the big bang » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:27 am

yeh, i've appointed myself as the early organiser, and already have a fair few weekly fundraisers on my mind.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 7:31 am

the_big_bang wrote:yeh, i've appointed myself as the early organiser, and already have a fair few weekly fundraisers on my mind.

Now let's see....... Scones Stall or Gentlemen's Evening??
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 1093 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Kurt Pilkington » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:40 am

the way to go with fundraising is to have a golden goal each week.. all the players names in envelopes or hat or something, $5 per player, person who gets the player who kickes the first goal wins $50 bucks, footy trip keeps $55, $1000 for 18-20 odd games right there straight to the trip!
Kurt Pilkington
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby the big bang » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:53 pm

we have done something similar in the past to the golden goal.

only we done it for the AFL saturday night match instead.

another simple one is the point margin.

on a bit of paper write all numbers, from "draw" to 50.

$2 a ticket, person pulls out a ticket from a hat, and whatever their number, is the margin they need, in either points or goals. closest to the real margin wins X amount of $$, depending how many toy sold and/or how much profit you wanna make.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy