Country Carnival Squads

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Country Carnival Squads

Postby Baron Greenback » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:12 pm

For all those who are interested....

Central Zone:

YPFL: Josh Lawson (Vice Captain), Jon Coombe, Zeb Drogemuller, Jared Sampson, Chris Langford, Brad Coles, Todd Price.
APFL: John Southern, Christian Rimmer, Joel Wilson (Captain), Ben Catford.
NEFL: James Vandeleur, Peter Mann, Wil Bradley, Glen Hayes, Shay Clifford, Brodie Murphy, Ryan Darling, Paul Jones, Todd Miles. Craig Mullins, Ben Kerslake, Tyson Willmott, Ryan McDermid (Vice Captain), Clayton Crabb.

Eyre Peninsula Zone:

PLFL: Murray Kelsh, Matt James, Matt Goodwin (Vice Captain), Ross Campbell, Carl Semmler, Hayden Parker.
GFFL: Michael Curtis, Craig Curtis, Mark Habner, Brock Jolly, Sam Read, Simon Pedler (Captain), Aaron Castley, Brad Haselgrove.
EEFL: Kyle Jenner, Matt Lienert, Cody Mason, Leigh Fitzgerald, Matt Franklin.
MWFL: Scott Feltus, Jesse Stringer, Tyson Montgomerie, Aiden Witford, Ryan Dubois (Vice Captain).
FWFL: Waylon Johncock.

Murray Mallee Barrier Barossa Zone:

RFL: Ryan Bennett, Matt Camplin, Michael Arnold, Ryan Proud, Peter Safralidis, Leigh Kruger, Josh Keller, Damien Stevens.
MFL: Wade Nickolls, Josh Richardson, Lachlan Richardson, Shaun Walker.
BHFL: Jarred Ruddock.
BLGFA: Matt Stelzer, Brad Taylor, Brad Valentine, Shaun Gibson, Ben Newberry, A Prior, L Wells, Chris McLean, G Bain, A Pech, D Leske.

Northern Zone:

NAFA: Ben O’Donohue, Matt Coates, Will Bennett, Greg Farr, Leigh O’Donohue, Mark Horner.
SGFL: Nic Collins, Adam Zubrinich, Tom Harmer, Matt Keatley (Vice Captain), Richie Hobbs, Tate Bradley, Mark Scollin, Chris Marsland, Andrew Waters, Chris Stephens, Mark Fuller, Darren Shillabeer, Anthony Ruffles, Simon Treloar, Michael Burford (Captain).
WDFL: Tyron Price, Ryan Schell, Daniel Rogers.
WFL: Kane Grund.

Southern Districts Zone:

GSFL: Sam Alexopolous, Jonothan Cheetham, Craig Dobson, Matthew Ellis, Wes Glass, Matthew Hodge, Andrew McDonald, Mitchell Portlock, Todd Steele, Nick Warren.
SFL: Tyrone Bennetts, David Kettle, Josh Ramsey, Daniel Reavill, Matthew Reavill, Josh Vick (Captain), Daniel Schneyder, Craig Smith.
KIFL: Adam Buick, Josh Lade, Shane Matthews, Clayton Wilson.
HFL: Brady Dawe, Ty Habner, James Sitters.

South East Zone:

MSEFL: Jaymen Fletcher, Anthony Kilsby, Matthew Sinkunas, Ryan Dew.
WBFL: Nathaniel Robbins, Steve Duldig, Simon Berkefield, Brian Durbridge, Luke Davey, Adam Merrett, Matt Ellis, Phil Bennett, Simon Brook.
KNTFL: Luke Wiese, Nathan Smith, Tom Cooper, Mitch Hartree, Reece Francis, Jason Sutherland.
RMFL: Liam O’Neill, Ryan Eyre, Henry Hodge, Luke Button, James Pedler, Ryan Morris.
Ham and eggs for breakfast, ham and eggs for tea
Baron Greenback
Coach

Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Paringa

Re: Country Carnival Squads

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:13 pm

Piss poor effort from the HFL.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 370 times

Postby sunbowler » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:10 pm

There's some great players in those teams and obviously there are plenty of others who could be included. Mores the pity the lack of marketing and publicity surrounding the event. The championship is virtually ignored by the city media and you need to be a hieroglyphics expert to decipher any results. The whole exercise is a 'feel good' show by the SANFL Affiliated Leagues Council and the chance to get into a slap up tea party. The chopping and changing of some of the zones has no rhyme or reason. Of course the ultimate irony is that the country leagues pay for this themselves through the levy!!! Lets get real and have a dinkum round robin with a final as a curtain raiser at AAMI. Who knows if it precedes a Power game it might even increase the gate. :evil:
sunbowler

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dermie » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:42 pm

Yeah good point there sunbowler and i'm sure the country boys would
enjoy playing at aami stadium, i reckon the crazy horse on a satdy night
would get as much of a crowd as the power at the moment :lol: :lol:
Dermie
Under 16s

Postby Teflon_Coated » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:53 am

sunbowler wrote:There's some great players in those teams and obviously there are plenty of others who could be included. Mores the pity the lack of marketing and publicity surrounding the event. The championship is virtually ignored by the city media and you need to be a hieroglyphics expert to decipher any results. The whole exercise is a 'feel good' show by the SANFL Affiliated Leagues Council and the chance to get into a slap up tea party. The chopping and changing of some of the zones has no rhyme or reason. Of course the ultimate irony is that the country leagues pay for this themselves through the levy!!! Lets get real and have a dinkum round robin with a final as a curtain raiser at AAMI. Who knows if it precedes a Power game it might even increase the gate. :evil:

Absolutely stunning post! The current formats ridiculously non-existant marketing is bloody terrible. At the start of the season clubs were not even sure if the carnival was going to be on the 5th or the 12th July! The round robin should be central based; maybe a place with an abundance of social activities, family friendly, booming accomodation at cheap rates, plenty of choice in terms of ovals and in close proximatey to media outlets such as radio and television - oh maybe a paper... where could this be? ADELAIDE!

For christ sake, are the SANFL that dimwitted? In terms of planning please correct me if I am wrong but the AFL is currently in its split round meaning Footy Park could surely be utilised at some point? Even if the holy grail of football in SA is not available I'm lead to believe there are 11 other SANFL standard ovals in the metro area; this including Adelaide Oval and Thebarton. If a bunch of blokes in the SANFL head office cant make that happen what are they doing there? Its a simple round robin for god sake.
The SANFL posted the richest income of any state league competition in the country yet the biggst thing they are caught up in is redevelopment of AMMI, scrapping U/19s and a 10th team. All the country leagues ask for it one weekend but it seems all the SANFL are worried about is making sure that each league and in turn team is well and trully paid up on time each year.
Please someone correct my ramble if you see fit.

P.S I do realise the country towns that get to host the carnival make a good profit but for the good of the competition some things need to change - and its not the zone areas.
Teflon_Coated

Postby best on hill » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:46 pm

how come all the big goal kicking forwards arnt playing. fiegert, smelt, prime, hames etc?????????
COWELL FOOTBALL CLUB est.1901
premiers 1902,04,07,22,24,26,27,28,31,32,34,37,38,39,46,50,52,53,54,55,58,59,69(cowell north),96,99,2006,07,09
oldest club on E.P.!
best on hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Cowell

Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:37 pm

Fiegert, Smelt, Prime, Hams ????

Thank god Haydn Cock from Bute wasn't selected.
I'm reading a book about anti-gravity. I can't put it down.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Grape Ape » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:17 pm

Teflon Coated wrote:
sunbowler wrote:There's some great players in those teams and obviously there are plenty of others who could be included. Mores the pity the lack of marketing and publicity surrounding the event. The championship is virtually ignored by the city media and you need to be a hieroglyphics expert to decipher any results. The whole exercise is a 'feel good' show by the SANFL Affiliated Leagues Council and the chance to get into a slap up tea party. The chopping and changing of some of the zones has no rhyme or reason. Of course the ultimate irony is that the country leagues pay for this themselves through the levy!!! Lets get real and have a dinkum round robin with a final as a curtain raiser at AAMI. Who knows if it precedes a Power game it might even increase the gate. :evil:

Absolutely stunning post! The current formats ridiculously non-existant marketing is bloody terrible. At the start of the season clubs were not even sure if the carnival was going to be on the 5th or the 12th July! The round robin should be central based; maybe a place with an abundance of social activities, family friendly, booming accomodation at cheap rates, plenty of choice in terms of ovals and in close proximatey to media outlets such as radio and television - oh maybe a paper... where could this be? ADELAIDE!

For christ sake, are the SANFL that dimwitted? In terms of planning please correct me if I am wrong but the AFL is currently in its split round meaning Footy Park could surely be utilised at some point? Even if the holy grail of football in SA is not available I'm lead to believe there are 11 other SANFL standard ovals in the metro area; this including Adelaide Oval and Thebarton. If a bunch of blokes in the SANFL head office cant make that happen what are they doing there? Its a simple round robin for god sake.
The SANFL posted the richest income of any state league competition in the country yet the biggst thing they are caught up in is redevelopment of AMMI, scrapping U/19s and a 10th team. All the country leagues ask for it one weekend but it seems all the SANFL are worried about is making sure that each league and in turn team is well and trully paid up on time each year.
Please someone correct my ramble if you see fit.

P.S I do realise the country towns that get to host the carnival make a good profit but for the good of the competition some things need to change - and its not the zone areas.

This is just my opinion....

1. The carnival used to be played in the city at SANFL grounds and didn't have the atmosphere that it does when held in the country. (All the country mums and girlfriends would go shopping over the weekend and the players would go nuts Saturday night and be wrecked for the Sunday game - There's nothing else to do in Pt Pirie apart from the footy).

2. The carnival does get covered in the Advertiser -STATE edition and just about every regional paper in the state.

3. Southern's dominance of the carnival (winning 5 out of the last 6) was getting ridiculous especially considering that Southern had nearly double the clubs to draw from compared to the next biggest zone and as more people leave the land the zones closer to Adelaide such as Southern and Central will only get stronger and stronger. Something had to be done.
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Postby Grape Ape » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:18 pm

best on hill wrote:how come all the big goal kicking forwards arnt playing. fiegert, smelt, prime, hames etc?????????

Too old, too fat.
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Postby brod » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:20 pm

Grape Ape wrote:
best on hill wrote:how come all the big goal kicking forwards arnt playing. fiegert, smelt, prime, hames etc?????????

Too old, too fat.

No Alex Kennedy from Barossa (59 goals at half way point of season) ?
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby hillbilly » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:43 pm

smelt would get creamed at that level!!
hillbilly
Rookie

Postby Ian » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:26 pm

Grape Ape wrote: There's nothing else to do in Pt Pirie apart from the footy).

:? Plenty of Pubs and Clubs to write yourself off in Pirie, no different to Adelaide other than on a smaller scale.
North Adelaide F C : Champions of Aust 1972 : Premiers 1900, 02, 05, 20, 30, 31, 49, 52, 60, 71, 72, 87, 91
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby silicone skyline » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:14 am

Ian wrote:
Grape Ape wrote: There's nothing else to do in Pt Pirie apart from the footy).

:? Plenty of Pubs and Clubs to write yourself off in Pirie, no different to Adelaide other than on a smaller scale.

Yepper, had a great night out on the Saturday night last year in Pirie.
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby Panther32 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:00 pm

Is there anywhere on the web to see the results from the carnival and the State squad?
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:02 pm

countryfooty.com.au has them.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 370 times

Postby Panther32 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:18 pm

That's only saturday's results though, but thanks.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby ironhammer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:25 pm

MMBB won the final on Sunday against Central by about 10 goals.
South east beat Southern districts pretty easy to finish third over all
Eyre Peninsula knocked off Northern cities in the first game.

THe state squad from memory is ( could be a few missing):
Southern Districts- Craig Smith, Josh Vick, Josh Ramsey, Ty Habner, Mitch Portlock
Northern cities - Matt Keatley, Michael Burford
MMBB - Brad Valentine, Ben Newberry, Luke Wells, Leigh Kruger, Peter Safralidis, Damian Stevens, Michael Arnold, Ryan Bennett.
South East - Brian Durbridge, Adam Merrett, Luke Button,
Eyre Peninsula - Michael curtis, Mark Habner, Simon Pedlar.
Centrals - Todd Miles, James Vandleur, Ryan Darling, Ben Kerslake, Peter Mann.

theres a few missing forgive me. It was good to see someone other than Southern districts or Central zone take out the champs.
ironhammer
Mini-League

Postby uncle_fester » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:48 pm

ironhammer wrote:MMBB won the final on Sunday against Central by about 10 goals.

..... It was good to see someone other than Southern districts or Central zone take out the champs.

BUT doesn't MMBB now include the Gawler/Barossa league?
(which wouldve been the strongest league in the Central zone previously!!!)
uncle_fester
Under 16s

Postby ironhammer » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:31 pm

That might be true uncle fester, but it is also true that there was no players playing from the barossa & light league for centrals at last years carnival & they still made the final. looking at the squads there was a good even spread between the riverland & barossa players with a sprinkling of good mallee players in the side this year so it still was a good effort.
ironhammer
Mini-League

Postby silicone skyline » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:53 pm

Talking to a player from MMBB from the Riverland who was speaking to a few of the barossa boys in the side, apparently few of them had ever been asked to play in the past, this year the coach Craig Griffiths called them up personally and wa-lah, 11 in the side.
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy