GSFL v RMFL

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

GSFL v RMFL

Postby BJ Ernest » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:23 pm

Any discussion on this coming weekends interleague match?

I Personally enjoy association football but would prefer it to be open age rather than restricted to under 25 with a few over. Seems a bit Mickey Mouse to me!
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Re: GSFL v RMFL

Postby Panther32 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:25 pm

Was a one Mitch Portlock resting up on the weekend so he could be fresh for this saturday's game??? That's a bit cocky isn't it??? :wink:
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby magpie in the 80's » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:26 pm

bring back the lovelock shield A-grade and senior colts................those were the days :wink:
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Been liked: 24 times

Postby footyislife » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:33 pm

magpie in the 80's wrote:bring back the lovelock shield A-grade and senior colts................those were the days :wink:

RMFL wouldnt be able to compete with the HILLS, SFL , they strugle with the GSFL winning 1 in 5 contests the other leagues to bigger population bases . Should be canned everyones strugling to field sides ,to much riding on home and away games everywhere
footyislife
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Goldberg » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:13 pm

I cant wait to see where the RMFL is at.

I need to vent on one thing tho! How can the RMFL get away with this idea that they can suspend players if they dont make themselves available.
1, Its COUNTRY FOOTY
2, If players are on $$$(above board) then they are employee's of that club, so if the club recommends they dont play then they dont play. RMFL dont pay them!!!!!!
3, You would get a far better effort from a group who WANT to be out there, then a group who Have to be out there
4, ITS COUNTRY FOOTY
5, ITS COUNTRY FOOTY
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Postby LuvsFooty » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:27 pm

I think the GSFL makes the same threats Goldberg, but I haven't seen them go through with it yet.
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby floataboy » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:33 pm

totally agree Goldberg.

suspension is not the way to get players to want to play rep footy. they need to think of something else.
and getting a dr cert to prove otherwise is also a little bit rediculous. a doctor is going to be able to tell if your hamstring is a little sore?? :? isnt that the job of physios?

a player then has to spend $30 going to the doc to get them to fill out a piece of paper to get them out of the game. STUPID!!

i can see where they are coming from, trying to incovenience players, but it just isnt the way to get a higher level of participation.

i agree with you goldberg, they should just pick players who 'want' to play rep footy, no matter of their age. dont put out someone who has no interest to play an extra game that doesnt go towards their club footy. then they definitely wont want to play assoc in years to come...
floataboy
Under 16s

Postby Goldberg » Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:59 pm

Why dont they let the clubs propose the Squad. Every side would have enough guys who actually want to play, Surely that would have a better result, or as was said earlier, bring back the Lovelock shield. Then people would want to be involved again.
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Postby Goldberg » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:05 pm

4 sleeps
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Postby BJ Ernest » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:35 pm

Goldberg wrote:Why dont they let the clubs propose the Squad. Every side would have enough guys who actually want to play, Surely that would have a better result, or as was said earlier, bring back the Lovelock shield. Then people would want to be involved again.

Open Age Lovelock shield would be fantastic we all agree! How do we get this concept back in?

Speaking with older guys that played in it there was nothing other than grand finals that matched being selected in the BEST 21 players in ur league and having the opportunity to test yourself against other leagues. I think Southern would still be the strongest and definitely in the junior grades it would be a no contest but in the senior level it would be a much closer contest.

Hopefully this weekends game is a good spectacle and a good advertisement for both leagues!
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby floataboy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:20 pm

have they had much rain at strath recently.

what can we expect the oval conditions to be like BJ?

has a tendency to get a bit muddy in the guts...

hopefully its firm ground and a pleasant 23 degrees to see the boys really hit it out!
floataboy
Under 16s

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy