20/20 Carnival @ Encounter Bay $$$$

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

20/20 Carnival @ Encounter Bay $$$$

Postby FootyMad » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:22 pm

20/20 Carnival to be hosted by the Encounter Bay Football Club
Saturday 29th March 2008

Due to unexpected interest there are now spots available clubs to enter into our 20/20 Carnival.

Details

2 x 20 Min Halves
Each Club Must Supply an A and B Grade Team
Round Robin format - Top Two Sides Play Off in Night Grand Final
Two Oval Operating (1 = A Grade - 1 = B Grade) with both GF's played on main oval
$750 Dollar Entry Fee Per Club - with Prize Money Awarded to the Winners and Runners Up of each grade - Your Club could go home with $1500!
*Please note you may be required to supply a field umpire on the day. If this is the case 3rd and 4th placed sides will be required to umpire GF.

Great opportunity to play some fast and exciting footy while facing a number of different sides who will be playing different brands and styles of footy.

Food, Drink and Sit Down Dinners Available.

Bring the family along and make it an outing with an Auskick Clinic being run for the kids!

Only other rules other playing in good spirit will be to enjoy the day for what it is and make sure your club makes the effort to hang around after the GF and join in our hospitality.

PM with any question or to register.
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: 20/20 Carnival @ Encounter Bay $$$$

Postby Start » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:33 pm

lol, what a waste of money.... You get better odds playing Two Up @ the Cass!!
Start
Under 16s

Postby FootyMad » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:39 pm

Start wrote:lol, what a waste of money.... You get better odds playing Two Up @ the Cass!!

Quality comment :roll: I would imagine the odds would be better at the cass for your club. Clearly your not to confident of your abilities going in to 08.

Its not all about the money however that is a definate incentive for teams who are willing to back themselves in. Great kickstart for footy trips etc.
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Postby Start » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:26 pm

Well have fun!
Start
Under 16s

Postby Grape Ape » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:48 pm

Start wrote:lol, what a waste of money.... You get better odds playing Two Up @ the Cass!!

So tell me what brilliant ideas you have come up with Start?

I've just had a look at your posts and apart from bagging others you have contributed absolutely nothing to this forum.

And I suspect you've contributed even less to the world of footy.
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Andy #24 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:56 pm

Grape Ape wrote:

So tell me what brilliant ideas you have come up with Start?

I've just had a look at your posts and apart from bagging others you have contributed absolutely nothing to this forum.

And I suspect you've contributed even less to the world of footy.

I have a fair idea who Start is. From the photo on our club's wall I'dsay he contributed a bit.
Andy #24
Under 18s

Postby Grape Ape » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:01 pm

Does anyone like him?
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Start » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:59 am

Grape Ape wrote:Does anyone like him?

Iam not here to win the popularity contest mate. But asking for $750 up front to play in a trial game isnt the best idea going around.
Start
Under 16s

Postby FootyMad » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:31 am

Start wrote:

Iam not here to win the popularity contest mate. But asking for $750 up front to play in a trial game isnt the best idea going around.

Start are you vision impaired? Its actually more than simply a trial; clearly you dont have any faith in your charges up there at Gumeracha - you dont even think that you could finish second in either grade to atleast win your money back!

Bottom line, your beloved Gumeracha may not have your support in being successful in a format such as this nor the cash but that does not mean that you need to get on here and shoot down the concept as clearly from my PM responses and interest there are actually a number of clubs supporting it.

Please explain to us novies 'the best idea going around'?
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Postby Pag » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:37 pm

I think the only problem FM is trying to get clubs to have 42 players for the weekend. From my experience at Loxton last year you'd be lucky to get 30 per club...
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby Start » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:02 pm

FootyMad wrote:
Start wrote:

Start are you vision impaired? Its actually more than simply a trial; clearly you dont have any faith in your charges up there at Gumeracha - you dont even think that you could finish second in either grade to atleast win your money back!

Bottom line, your beloved Gumeracha may not have your support in being successful in a format such as this nor the cash but that does not mean that you need to get on here and shoot down the concept as clearly from my PM responses and interest there are actually a number of clubs supporting it.

Please explain to us novies 'the best idea going around'?

Good for you FM. But there actually no Premiership Points up for grabs, which equals "Trial Game" in anyone's terms. So is that vision impared??

As far as Gumeracha's commitment, you would need to ask them.

How many teams have committed(Paid up) to you fantastic idea?
Start
Under 16s

Postby FootyMad » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:35 am

Everyday I get on here in anticipation of being able to read insightful things but you however continue to disappoint me.

Are you saying your not the fabulous Gumeracha coach? I think your lying.... your also formerly of Kilburn.

3 Clubs (not mere teams - we only require 4 clubs) have committed but I'm still waiting to hear your wonderful ideas so please stop the suspense! Please grace us with atleast one idea so that I can rid the good people of my ridiculous 20/20 concept in which successful clubs can take home a great experience in having played an array of sides and handful of cash and prizes.
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Postby Toughcall » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:52 pm

Good idea FM, but there are so many of these around. Loxton is ringing all clubs before the season and have a great list of clubs competing in their round robin. It is a lot to ask clubs to play in these as they are only trial games and amny clubs like to include the other grades which means colts. That is the future of country clubs and trial games should include them ideally. Preparation for a season does not just include the seniors, it means looking after the youngsters who also need to play trials. It is not a negative, as any club that aspires to try things should be commended, but the workload to start a season can be too heavy when you get away from just hosting a match against a rival in all grades.
Toughcall
Under 16s

Postby Hills » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:57 pm

Who are the 4 clubs FM?
Once you go black, your in a wheelchair.
Hills
Reserves

Postby Backliner » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:17 am

Salisbury, Enc Bay, Lonsdale, Aldinga I believe.
20min halves. 3 games ea then final.
Total 8 x 20 qtrs for winner/runner up.
Can't see why it isn't a good thing.
Backliner
Under 18s

Been liked: 3 times

Postby FootyMad » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:52 am

Need another club, Salisbury just pulled out as they are in diabolical trouble!
Word has it they spent a baffling 23k on strapping in 07 and now are struggling for income until lads pay their subs!

If a club is interested please PM me, registration costs negotiable at this late stage.
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Postby Andy #24 » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:44 am

FootyMad wrote:Need another club, Salisbury just pulled out as they are in diabolical trouble!
Word has it they spent a baffling 23k on strapping in 07 and now are struggling for income until lads pay their subs!

If a club is interested please PM me, registration costs negotiable at this late stage.

Maybe Pag's claim that no-one is paid at Salisbury is untrue? Or the players are given strapping to sell on the black market.
Andy #24
Under 18s

Postby FootyMad » Fri Feb 08, 2008 11:52 am

To be honest Andy, I couldnt believe it!
23k in 2007 compared to 9k in 2006! What, are the players all mummy's??!
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Postby Bandit » Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:03 pm

That smells dodgier than a used dunnyroll...
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 109 times

Postby Pag » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:20 pm

FootyMad wrote:Need another club, Salisbury just pulled out as they are in diabolical trouble!

That's the first I've heard of it FM, as far as I know we've had a trial against Golden Grove at Harper's Field lined up on that date for a while now...

Correction to what you heard, the strapping wasn't 23k, the medical budget was incorporated into the whole football budget this year to make things easier on the treasurer, therefore explaining the increase. The 23k was the football department as a whole I think, of which the strapping/medical stuff had been included.

And yeah, we are struggling for money until guys pay their subs, we do every year, that's why we can't pay players...
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 506 times

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy