Western Border Gf

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Western Border Gf

Postby schimma » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:00 am

I wasted half a day on my Footy trip to watch Portland pants North Gambier on saturday. Portland kicked a 9 goal first qtr. David Niemann kicked 5 for the day, Jamie Camarano kicked 8 or 9 from half forward, Damien Squire had the ball on a string and Mark jeffries was just a class ahead of the rest. Think Portland ended up winning by over 23 goals. Lucky we were drinking for every portland goal.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Re: Western Border Gf

Postby The Rooster » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:58 am

Do you think they are liklely to retain most of their stars next year?
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby schimma » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:47 am

The Rooster wrote:Do you think they are liklely to retain most of their stars next year?

heard Niemann is coming back to Adelaide to live. But dont think he will keep playing. Portland was a very well coached side and had to many winners all over the ground. Would not be surprised if Jefferies gets a few offers back in Adelaide. Its easy for a town like Portland to offer jobs for players so that is attractive for blokes just out of sanfl.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:00 am

How are Hamilton looking for next year?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Oi You » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:16 am

I believe that Hamilton are trying to rebuild some structure around their senior sides. Wernt too far off the mark this year, but WB is a fairly even comp barr the bottom 3. I think Hamilton knocked off North both times this year and finished 7th, and North had beaten Portland.

North havnt won a flag since 1989 and I think this is the 9th Grand Final we have lost sine then! Last one was in '04 when we lost to Hamilton in a blood bath. Just when the league was turning really semi-pro, this brawl (the entire third quarter) put it back ten years. Hamilton lost all their guns after that day and are still rebuilding after it.
Oi You
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:18 am

Nine GF losses without a flag - that's got to hurt...
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy