Import rule next year

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Import rule next year

Postby wedge tail » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:19 pm

can anyone tell me the import rule for next year particularly in the APFL?
I think after 3 years at one club you become a "local" but not sure if this is the case or going to be the case next year :?
wedge tail

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Import rule next year

Postby FootyMad » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:51 pm

wedge tail wrote:can anyone tell me the import rule for next year particularly in the APFL?
I think after 3 years at one club you become a "local" but not sure if this is the case or going to be the case next year :?

Wedgie firstly you have to find out if its the import rule or the points system being adopted. The Import Rule is the one used by the BL&G FA, the points system is different again.

As you guys are neighbours of the BLG I'd say it be a similar system to them (if its coming in).
Basically each club can only have so many imports/recruits for the entire season playing A'Grade, the amount of imports you can have depends on where you finish on the ladder. Once an import plays at your club for 2 (this number varies from league to league) or more seasons they automatically become a local meaning you can take another import in their place. The only acception to this is when a bloke moves into what the league considers your boundary, if a recruit resides in your boundary they are a local and do not count as an import/recruit.

Point system is different again.
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Re: Import rule next year

Postby Start » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:35 pm

After 3 years of service to one club, that player is deemed to be a local player.

The import rule they are looking at introducing is a points system over a 3 years I believe, that is determined on where that club finishes.
Start
Under 16s

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy