Relegation in the HFL

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Relegation in the HFL

Postby HB_Flanker » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:09 pm

Tanka wrote:I believe the meeting will be on July 19th and both points will be on the agenda. I think most people in the HFL are worried that TV as a whole club don't want to come up but because of their A Grade something has to be done. Their numbers in the junior grades are already stretched and in the next year or two they may not be able to fill 15s 17s etc. Does this mean that they are only in Central for 1 or 2 years or what?? I think that is the main problem that arises

The HFL is meeting with the TV club to explain to them the requirements and expectations on the club in Central to ensure they are all on board with the move
HB_Flanker

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Kaniva Leeor United

Postby Mop Up » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:33 pm

HB_Flanker wrote:
Tanka wrote:I believe the meeting will be on July 19th and both points will be on the agenda. I think most people in the HFL are worried that TV as a whole club don't want to come up but because of their A Grade something has to be done. Their numbers in the junior grades are already stretched and in the next year or two they may not be able to fill 15s 17s etc. Does this mean that they are only in Central for 1 or 2 years or what?? I think that is the main problem that arises

The HFL is meeting with the TV club to explain to them the requirements and expectations on the club in Central to ensure they are all on board with the move

You'd think this should have been done when they applied over 12 months ago??!
Mop Up
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:27 am

Mop Up wrote:
HB_Flanker wrote:

You'd think this should have been done when they applied over 12 months ago??!

bahhhwahhhahhahha HFL mop up you idiot this is the hfl this sort of thing is always left to last ...ie i mean they never tell anyone till the last minute then its deal with it :shock:
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Banker » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:56 am

MopUp/TWE- Bit hard to have a meeting earlier when TV hadnt actually applied to play Central Div in 2011. Im assuming they have officially done this now?

Anyway can someone do the maths and work out the current central div club ladder?

Bridgy,Lobey and Birdwood all won their B grade on Sat, is this the beginning of clubs stacking the B grade to ensure max points? I cant see anything wrong with it, its not against the rules!
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby The Gimp » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:39 pm

Banker wrote:Bridgy,Lobey and Birdwood all won their B grade on Sat, is this the beginning of clubs stacking the B grade to ensure max points? I cant see anything wrong with it, its not against the rules!

You should know that we didn't stack our B grade (and we don't intend to). We played well, your mob played sh1t, we got the points.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Banker » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:41 pm

Nah not having a crack at you guys, i didnt play, no idea wtf happened to us lol
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:27 pm

I have been advised the attempt to pass the U/13s in the constitution to be part of the points for relegation/promotion by Birdwood will be next to useless for them. Yes, the motion can be passed on a vote but will not be effective until next season. Looks like both Lobethal and Birdwood are now threatening to defect to the Barossa League if they don't get their way. More importantly investigations are being conducted to see if Torrens Valley can field colts across the board as there are some serious doubts. Personally I'd rather see Birdwood and Loby stay so I'm hoping TV can't meet the requirements.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby The Gimp » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:22 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:Looks like both Lobethal and Birdwood are now threatening to defect to the Barossa League if they don't get their way.

Seriously, where do you get this sh1t from?? :roll: :roll:
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby Afterthesiren » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:57 pm

TV's application to come to Central Div will proceed. Looks like Birdwood to be relegated unless the 11 team competition is voted in. For the sake of the high standard of the 10 team comp I hope this doesn't occur. And Gimp my info re: moving to Barossa League comes from a source directly involved with Birdwood. However I see this as a threat only to intimidate teams to vote for an 11 team comp. My thoughts are either go down to Country Div or move to BL & G League. From what I hear several A grade players will be leaving Birdwood at seasons end so it may be in the best interest to head back to Country Div to rebuild your senior sides. I don't dislike Birdwood but 11 teams in Central will only weaken the competition.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby sound4 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:25 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:TV's application to come to Central Div will proceed. Looks like Birdwood to be relegated unless the 11 team competition is voted in. For the sake of the high standard of the 10 team comp I hope this doesn't occur. And Gimp my info re: moving to Barossa League comes from a source directly involved with Birdwood. However I see this as a threat only to intimidate teams to vote for an 11 team comp. My thoughts are either go down to Country Div or move to BL & G League. From what I hear several A grade players will be leaving Birdwood at seasons end so it may be in the best interest to head back to Country Div to rebuild your senior sides. I don't dislike Birdwood but 11 teams in Central will only weaken the competition.

Well Gimp care to inform us of Birdwood's intentions considering you would probably be the one to ask since you are heavily involved with the Birdwood Football Club and it's committee? :roll: :lol:
sound4
Rookie

Postby Mop Up » Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:38 pm

[quote="Banker"]MopUp/TWE- Bit hard to have a meeting earlier when TV hadnt actually applied to play Central Div in 2011. Im assuming they have officially done this now?
quote]

I'm under the impression that TV applied last year before June 30 then have until yesterday to pull their application.
Mop Up
League - Best 21

Postby Afterthesiren » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:01 pm

Mop Up wrote:
Banker wrote:MopUp/TWE- Bit hard to have a meeting earlier when TV hadnt actually applied to play Central Div in 2011. Im assuming they have officially done this now?
quote]

I'm under the impression that TV applied last year before June 30 then have until yesterday to pull their application.

Correct Mop Up. Their application remains and they'll be playing Central Div in 2011.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Bat Pad » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:07 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:
Mop Up wrote:
Banker wrote:MopUp/TWE- Bit hard to have a meeting earlier when TV hadnt actually applied to play Central Div in 2011. Im assuming they have officially done this now?
quote]

Correct Mop Up. Their application remains and they'll be playing Central Div in 2011.

Haven't made the GF yet. That still applies doesn't it?
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Afterthesiren » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:14 pm

Bat Pad wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:
Mop Up wrote:
quote]

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if they play in the GF or not. As they nominated to come up to Central Div after having played in the GF last year. So I think TV have now ticked all the boxes.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Gervais » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:21 pm

quote="Banker"]MopUp/TWE- Bit hard to have a meeting earlier when TV hadnt actually applied to play Central Div in 2011. Im assuming they have officially done this now?

Haven't made the GF yet. That still applies doesn't it?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if they play in the GF or not. As they nominated to come up to Central Div after having played in the GF last year. So I think TV have now ticked all the boxes.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

correct, the promotion is based on the 2009 results. Technically, you could play in the Country GF one year, finish bottom the next year, and still get promoted to Central.
Gervais
Under 16s

Postby Bat Pad » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:20 pm

Gervais wrote:quote="Banker"]MopUp/TWE- Bit hard to have a meeting earlier when TV hadnt actually applied to play Central Div in 2011. Im assuming they have officially done this now?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if they play in the GF or not. As they nominated to come up to Central Div after having played in the GF last year. So I think TV have now ticked all the boxes.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

correct, the promotion is based on the 2009 results. Technically, you could play in the Country GF one year, finish bottom the next year, and still get promoted to Central.[/quote]

Cheers
Bat Pad
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby MONTE CRISTO » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:35 pm

If its true Lobethal have made overtures to the Barossa League then lets hope it is them who is relegated. That is "spoiled child" stuff!
MONTE CRISTO
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Amateur Footy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:11 pm

The other issue is the need for Torrens Valley to prove they have enough juniors to fill all grades in Central. If they can't do that then all this is for nothing.

For the sake of Country Div I hope they do have the juniors and can come play against other clubs who shell out stupid amounts of coin.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby aceman » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:33 pm

The Gimp wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:Looks like both Lobethal and Birdwood are now threatening to defect to the Barossa League if they don't get their way.

Went to a function last night in the Barossa, a mention was made of an additional team joining them in 2011, no names, just a mention about an increase in teams was possible.
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:27 pm

aceman wrote:
The Gimp wrote:

Went to a function last night in the Barossa, a mention was made of an additional team joining them in 2011, no names, just a mention about an increase in teams was possible.

If theses clubs are going to be so fickle let them go to the Barossa, I'm sure they'll have a huge impact there :lol:
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy