Footy Trips 2008

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Footy Trips 2008

Postby MatteeG » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:48 pm

Believe The Flagstaff Hill boys hit the road on the long weekend coming- first to Wallaroo the Port Lincoln... May need reppoh_eht or someone to confirm the actual stops...
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 519 times
Been liked: 510 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby long sleeve lover » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:04 pm

LuvsFooty wrote:The Saints (GSFL) jus got back from Mt Gambier and we just got a call to say that our damage bill has just hit $2300. I am tipping we wont be getting our $1000 bond back but it was a cracker of a trip!!

Previous BLG Football trip to Mount Gambier almost didnt make it past Tintinara due to a young fella drinking a bag of goon on the way and taking a leak on the servo...would have saved a bit of money if we did get stopped as the damage bill for the old gaol was around the $1500 mark....
long sleeve lover
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Brock Landers » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:43 pm

silicone skyline wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Yeah the Long Plains girls are heading to Lincoln this weekend also. Sounds like you ironbank lads may have quite a platter to choose from :lol: . Lucky for me my missus is heading over to Oyster Fest at Ceduna, so I don't have to worry about her on the netty trip :D .

sounds like the OYSTER fest will be in lincoln! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolute gold SS
Brock Landers
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby 2 Old 2 Slow » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:00 am

MatteeG wrote:Believe The Flagstaff Hill boys hit the road on the long weekend coming- first to Wallaroo the Port Lincoln... May need reppoh_eht or someone to confirm the actual stops...

Should be a great trip over on the ferry with a belly full of the good stuff haha!! :-& :-&
2 Old 2 Slow
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby teamwork » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:27 am

long sleeve lover wrote:
LuvsFooty wrote:The Saints (GSFL) jus got back from Mt Gambier and we just got a call to say that our damage bill has just hit $2300. I am tipping we wont be getting our $1000 bond back but it was a cracker of a trip!!

Previous BLG Football trip to Mount Gambier almost didnt make it past Tintinara due to a young fella drinking a bag of goon on the way and taking a leak on the servo...would have saved a bit of money if we did get stopped as the damage bill for the old gaol was around the $1500 mark....

Saints bill was up around $2500 last i heard, but they had not found most the damage the boys thought was going to be big $$$ so it could rise yet.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships
teamwork
Under 18s

Postby limb » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:37 am

teamwork wrote:
long sleeve lover wrote:

Saints bill was up around $2500 last i heard, but they had not found most the damage the boys thought was going to be big $$$ so it could rise yet.

It's stories like these that make you understand why publicans turn you down when you ring up a pub asking for accommodation for a footy trip..
limb
Under 18s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby silicone skyline » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:41 am

Agreed Limb, that really ******* sucks when dicks like that **** shit up for every other ****.

I had to organise accommodation for our trip this year, we've had to split our group in two to get in anywhere.

Here's a big **** YOU to Saints. $2500 is not funny. Wankers.
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby Brock Landers » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:47 am

silicone skyline wrote:Agreed Limb, that really f****** sucks when dicks like that f*** s***t up for every other num num num num.

I had to organise accommodation for our trip this year, we've had to split our group in two to get in anywhere.

Here's a big f*** YOU to Saints. $2500 is not funny. Wankers.

Agreed. You can have a blast and get up to all sorts of debauchery without destroying the accommodation. There is no chance for any other footy clubs to stay where the Saints did in the future. :evil:
Brock Landers
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby silicone skyline » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:50 am

silicone skyline wrote:Agreed Limb, that really f****** sucks when dicks like that f*** s***t up for every other num num num num.

And i didn't use the word "num num num num" :evil:
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby Texas Rattlesnake » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:53 am

The old saying... dont S&$T where you sleep... that is always rule number 1 on footy trips.

Respect the place that has been good enough to put you up for the weekend!
Texas Rattlesnake
Under 18s

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:57 am

Bloody oath - have done some silly silly stuff on footy trips. But never ever trashed where I slept.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby nuggety goodness » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:08 pm

i remember a few years ago our pres had to book us in as a Golf club trip because they wouldn't accept footy trips!

if this kind of shenanigans continue then pubs will understandably refuse trips... if i was a publican i'd probably think twice about letting 20-30 blokes come and stay at my hotel and get on the cans for 2-3 days...
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby LuvsFooty » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Brock Landers wrote:

Agreed. You can have a blast and get up to all sorts of debauchery without destroying the accommodation. There is no chance for any other footy clubs to stay where the Saints did in the future. :evil:

Lets not get carried away. there was some minor damage, but the manager got upset beacsue we spent GF day at another pub so he got his goat up. I mean this bill had $400 for security costs on it beacuse he reckons he had to hire more staff. We have stayed at the "G" 4 times now in the past 9 years and we are always welcome back an would be again. We fixed what we broke and payed what we had to pay.
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby footy05 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:44 pm

LuvsFooty wrote:
Brock Landers wrote:

Lets not get carried away. there was some minor damage, but the manager got upset beacsue we spent GF day at another pub so he got his goat up. I mean this bill had $400 for security costs on it beacuse he reckons he had to hire more staff. We have stayed at the "G" 4 times now in the past 9 years and we are always welcome back an would be again. We fixed what we broke and payed what we had to pay.

For the 1st time ever I am sticking up for the Saints. they are a good bunch of lads. I must admit I was on a rival footy trip at the same time as them and there were a lot of people upstairs in that pub (me included). they probably screwed up but they payed the price. I have also seen the damage bill and they have been charged $10 for every scuff mark on every wall. Thats over the top. i think this a one off and has been blown up a bit. play on and enjoy the off season
footy05
Mini-League

Postby Grape Ape » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:20 pm

I know of one footy trip this weekend that has been booked as "A young business leaders convention" :^o .

I hope no-one from Sydney reads this!!
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby toot toot » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:24 pm

i know of a trip a few years ago that booked under "the young farmers association" fair to say the hotel manager wasn't too happy when they found out they were a footy trip.
toot toot
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby silicone skyline » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:29 pm

footy05 wrote:
LuvsFooty wrote:
Brock Landers wrote:

this bill had $400 for security costs on it beacuse he reckons he had to hire more staff. We fixed what we broke and payed what we had to pay.

they probably screwed up but they payed the price. I have also seen the damage bill and they have been charged $10 for every scuff mark on every wall.

So far, you've got $400 for security, fair enough, and $10 for every scuff mark. That leaves (forgive my maths) about $2100 worth of scuff marks. What did you guys do, play a few games of squash?
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby 2 Old 2 Slow » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:34 pm

Now is the time to come out & tell us they were finger/foot prints from loose women about the town... otherwise i'm thinking a saints sausage pile-on (like the AFL saints get up to after games) haha
2 Old 2 Slow
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Liquid Confidence » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:59 pm

I know a clun that lost $900+ of a $1000 bond to get cleaner in to clean up spew in a Backpackers!!!

The trip all knew they got the entire backpackers cleaned for that amount, but there was nothing they could do!!!

Some places just take whatever they can get, they forget that the footy trip has put $5k over the bar over 3 or 4 nights!!!
Liquid Confidence
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby silicone skyline » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:06 pm

Liquid Confidence wrote:
Some places just take whatever they can get, they forget that the footy trip has put $5k over the bar over 3 or 4 nights!!!

That's true as well. I would take footy trips if I owned a pub. They're great money spinners. You treat the players right, you'll get your money's worth.
You might get the odd club that trashes the place, but they're effectively accountable through their club.
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy