Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:35 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
I think what youre missing is most cricket clubs have nothing to do with the football club in a financial sense. I cant think of one that i know of.
Just because football generates money and cricket doesnt does not mean football has any more rights to the ground than cricket. At least a cricket season could operate without crowds :D
Not sure what you mean by the delegates?
Im saying there would be two chances of football delaying the start or shortening their season for cricket, why should cricket move?

Yeah mate, we're comparing apples to oranges it seems.

Most metro clubs are sports and social clubs that have various sports under their umbrella, I was under the assumption that clubs out your way would've been the same.

Definitely not. Whilst the relationships between the 2 clubs in general is pretty good, they are pretty much all separate entities. Gawler Central is a sporting club but no way would their finances be combined.
In our case the Footy club sponsors the CC and we drink in the Footy club. Most other CC's have their own bar set up
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2429 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby football tragic » Fri May 01, 2020 9:16 am

Geez how quickly things are changing with the virus and restrictions over the past 2 weeks.
Heard a report on channel 7 this morning SA looking to reopen community training may 21st along with pubs and cafes at a reduced level.
Of course this means we would need 0 or very close to 0 cases over the next few weeks for this to proceed
I think the leagues that will be successful will be the ones who are already working behind the scenes with clubs around possible scenarios and how things may look ang working together.
The leagues who are run poorly or who don't have good leadership will struggle to get anything happening when the green light is given.
football tragic
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Barossa District

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri May 01, 2020 10:39 am

football tragic wrote:Geez how quickly things are changing with the virus and restrictions over the past 2 weeks.
Heard a report on channel 7 this morning SA looking to reopen community training may 21st along with pubs and cafes at a reduced level.
Of course this means we would need 0 or very close to 0 cases over the next few weeks for this to proceed
I think the leagues that will be successful will be the ones who are already working behind the scenes with clubs around possible scenarios and how things may look ang working together.
The leagues who are run poorly or who don't have good leadership will struggle to get anything happening when the green light is given.

Really? My daughter daughter has a managerial role in a leading SA hotel chain and it was only Tuesday she was told in a meeting that July is looking likely for hotels etc. to open with strict social distancing rules in place, one of their function rooms used to be capped at 240 but is now going to be only 80.

One would think that leagues would have to hold a brief zoom meeting with all the executives weekly to move goal posts and set new plans A, B & C.

In the APFL you would think it would be pretty easy to pull the trigger and get the season up and running without too much fuss, just reset the the current program and delete the last lot of rounds until they all fit, go back to Saturday/Sunday finals for this year or hold them both simultaneously on Saturday's if spectator limits are applied.

The only hurdle would be liaising with the AdFL to work out Angle Vale's oval availability with the women's footy clashes.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby football tragic » Fri May 01, 2020 11:21 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
football tragic wrote:Geez how quickly things are changing with the virus and restrictions over the past 2 weeks.

Really? My daughter daughter has a managerial role in a leading SA hotel chain and it was only Tuesday she was told in a meeting that July is looking likely for hotels etc. to open with strict social distancing rules in place, one of their function rooms used to be capped at 240 but is now going to be only 80.

One would think that leagues would have to hold a brief zoom meeting with all the executives weekly to move goal posts and set new plans A, B & C.

In the APFL you would think it would be pretty easy to pull the trigger and get the season up and running without too much fuss, just reset the the current program and delete the last lot of rounds until they all fit, go back to Saturday/Sunday finals for this year or hold them both simultaneously on Saturday's if spectator limits are applied.

The only hurdle would be liaising with the AdFL to work out Angle Vale's oval availability with the women's footy clashes.

Yeh they have hit the fast forward button fairly quickly as I think the rate of infection has reduced at a much faster rate than they forecast.
In relation to the APFL they could certainly move quickly and I couldn't see the need for clubs to need any longer than a 2 week training together block to prepare. At the end of the day the players who are dedicated would be doing their own fitness and those who aren't would be left behind. No different to during the season as mid may most clubs struggle to get people out to training anyway.
Womens football may be the casualty of this as they play less games and may be an oval issue with most clubs to fit this all in.
Certainly could go back to a sat/sunday mens finals setup also.
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Dirty dog » Fri May 01, 2020 12:45 pm

Over here in the YP league our average crowd size is 380 per game which includes under 10’s 12’s 14’s 17’s B’s and A’s plus the full complement of Netty sides. I can not see restrictions being lifted enough to allow those types of numbers.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby football tragic » Fri May 01, 2020 3:30 pm

Yeh would think the APFL crowds would be around the same maybe a few less when the bottom sides clash.
obviously maybe restrictions with our crowds inside the club rooms so may have to set up some shelter elsewhere,
football tragic
Rookie

Postby Swamp Donkey » Fri May 01, 2020 6:01 pm

football tragic wrote:Yeh they have hit the fast forward button fairly quickly as I think the rate of infection has reduced at a much faster rate than they forecast.
In relation to the APFL they could certainly move quickly and I couldn't see the need for clubs to need any longer than a 2 week training together block to prepare. At the end of the day the players who are dedicated would be doing their own fitness and those who aren't would be left behind. No different to during the season as mid may most clubs struggle to get people out to training anyway.
Womens football may be the casualty of this as they play less games and may be an oval issue with most clubs to fit this all in.

Two weeks training before games would be dumb and completely unreasonable. 4-5 weeks would be more appropriate.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby pureclass » Fri May 01, 2020 9:28 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
football tragic wrote:Yeh they have hit the fast forward button fairly quickly as I think the rate of infection has reduced at a much faster rate than they forecast.

Two weeks training before games would be dumb and completely unreasonable. 4-5 weeks would be more appropriate.

4-5 weeks for a ‘pre season’ would be a complete waste of time and chew into what ever is left of the season. A lot of guys probably won’t even train and wait til a week or two before round 1 just like every other year. They are not AFL or SANFL players and overly worried about getting the kms in the legs and building up their engine. Country and amateur footballers will normally happy to just have a kick mid week at trainings and then play Saturday.
The guys that want to play would be keeping fit so 2-3 weeks before commencing will be more then enough.
pureclass
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby pureclass » Fri May 01, 2020 9:30 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
OnSong wrote:Top 50 countdown started today with players 50-43 in the paper. Rolling out 8 per week and then two weeks for the top 10 to be announced

Not posting in here?

Anyone care to share the players in the top 50?
pureclass
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Hazbeen » Sat May 02, 2020 11:06 am

Top 50 so far;

50. Tom Chapman (Bal)
49. Brent Harris (Mal)
48. Jamie Humphrys (TW)
47. Ben Parish (Mal)
46. Nick Ferguson (Bal)
45. Christian Rimmer (Mal)
44. Nathan Studham (HWE)
43. Les Pearson (Bal)
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby OnSong » Sat May 02, 2020 1:31 pm

Hazbeen wrote:Top 50 so far;

50. Tom Chapman (Bal)
49. Brent Harris (Mal)
48. Jamie Humphrys (TW)
47. Ben Parish (Mal)
46. Nick Ferguson (Bal)
44. Nathan Studham (HWE)
43. Les Pearson (Bal)

Yeah, this has changed slightly. But you'll see how this coming week
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 553 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat May 02, 2020 1:55 pm

OnSong wrote:

50. Tom Chapman (Bal)
49. Brent Harris (Mal)
48. Jamie Humphrys (TW)
47. Ben Parish (Mal)
46. Nick Ferguson (Bal)
44. Nathan Studham (HWE)
43. Les Pearson (Bal)

Yeah, this has changed slightly. But you'll see how this coming week

Put himself in, i love it, top 10 wouldve been better :D
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2429 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Sat May 02, 2020 2:05 pm

50. Tom Chapman (Bal)
49. Brent Harris (Mal)
48. Jamie Humphrys (TW)
47. Ben Parish (Mal)
46. Nick Ferguson (Bal)
44. Nathan Studham (HWE)
43. Les Pearson (Bal)

Brent Harris deserves to be higher IMO.
Also, not sure Jamie Humphrey’s has done enough at 20(?) to get a spot.

In saying that, hard to be certain without seeing the full list!
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby beef » Sat May 02, 2020 2:57 pm

Don't follow APFL too closely but awesome to see Christian Rimmer in the list. Great player and great lad. RIP.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 256 times

Postby Snags » Mon May 04, 2020 10:16 pm

Greggy Gregginson wrote:

50. Tom Chapman (Bal)
49. Brent Harris (Mal)
48. Jamie Humphrys (TW)
47. Ben Parish (Mal)
46. Nick Ferguson (Bal)
44. Nathan Studham (HWE)
43. Les Pearson (Bal)

I also thought similar on Jamie hump but you have to remember he has won a BnF in a team that’s played in 3 gfs in a row, best on in 1 gf and could of been bog in the other gf win.
I think there will be some players named above him with playing 2-3 years with none of that to there name.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Greggy Gregginson » Mon May 04, 2020 11:12 pm

Snags wrote:
Greggy Gregginson wrote:

50. Tom Chapman (Bal)
49. Brent Harris (Mal)
48. Jamie Humphrys (TW)
47. Ben Parish (Mal)
46. Nick Ferguson (Bal)
44. Nathan Studham (HWE)
43. Les Pearson (Bal)

I also thought similar on Jamie hump but you have to remember he has won a BnF in a team that’s played in 3 gfs in a row, best on in 1 gf and could of been bog in the other gf win.
I think there will be some players named above him with playing 2-3 years with none of that to there name.

Knew he could play but wasn’t aware he had a B&F to his name.
Hopefully for everyone that isn’t from Two Wells he goes on to bigger and better things at a higher level because I’m sure he has the ability
Greggy Gregginson
Rookie

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 05, 2020 10:57 am

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
Hopefully for everyone that isn’t from Two Wells he goes on to bigger and better things at a higher level because I’m sure he has the ability

He spun me out a couple of years ago one game I seen, I thought imagine how good he'll be when he fills out a bit.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Snags » Tue May 05, 2020 12:09 pm

Greggy Gregginson wrote:
Snags wrote:
Greggy Gregginson wrote:

50. Tom Chapman (Bal)
49. Brent Harris (Mal)
48. Jamie Humphrys (TW)
47. Ben Parish (Mal)
46. Nick Ferguson (Bal)
44. Nathan Studham (HWE)
43. Les Pearson (Bal)

No doubt could go onto bigger and better things, very driven, hardworking and unbelievably good at keeping his feet for how small he is.
Snags
Under 16s

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby football tragic » Tue May 05, 2020 12:28 pm

From what I have seen he is extremely talented and gets himself into the right positions for the role he plays

Changing topics a little about season 2020
Who do we think will be the big improvers and sliders as looking at the transfers not much will change I don't think
Virginia look like they have some talent coming but some huge losses including Stanley who I rate as the best player in the comp
United look the same few ins ( possibly Hocking) but some quality outs.

whats everyone elses thoughts?
football tragic
Rookie

Postby magpieeagle » Tue May 05, 2020 3:31 pm

football tragic wrote:From what I have seen he is extremely talented and gets himself into the right positions for the role he plays

Changing topics a little about season 2020
Who do we think will be the big improvers and sliders as looking at the transfers not much will change I don't think
Virginia look like they have some talent coming but some huge losses including Stanley who I rate as the best player in the comp
United look the same few ins ( possibly Hocking) but some quality outs.

whats everyone elses thoughts?

And if its only a maybe 8-10 game, if that, Plains Producer medal? do you have one?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy