HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby theduck » Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:14 pm

Certainly is wazza, loby would be expecting to win at least 3 of the last 4. Going to be very close between the 3 teams, it may well come down to loby vs Blackwood in the last round
theduck
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:51 pm

I hear that Mt Lofty geriatric full forward is getting $800 a game. That would equate to $200 a kick. :shock: Money well spent by Lofty NOT
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:36 pm

Things a bit quiet on here people. I have to respond to my own post. Looks like Lofty have saved themselves $3,200 for the remainder of the season as said person have agreed to part company. Money well saved by Lofty. Perhaps next year they recruit wisely
Grumpy Old B

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:30 am

probably easier said than done grumpy.
I can't imagine recruiting is an easy task, particularly for a team that is struggling around the bottom of the ladder, who plays on that oval 9 times a year.

anyway, on to the footy.
still lots of unanswered questions around the final five.
who will get top spot???
who will get the double chance???
who will make the top five???

will anyone get relegated???
footytragic001971
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:39 am

I like your questions footy tragic, here are my responses:

Torrens Valley will go top when Hahndorf lose (again) to Uraidla
Hahndorf will then regain top position when they beat Torrens Valley in the last minor round game at Hahndorf Oval
Top 3 will be Hahndorf, TV and Uraidla
The other 2 x spots will be Mt Barker and Lobey.

In first week of finals Torrens Valley will def Uri and Lobey will eliminate Mt Barker
Week 2 Lobey will eliminate Uri and Hahndorf will def Torrens Valley to go straight into the GF
In the Prelim Torrens Valley will beat Lobey
The GF between Hahndorf and Torrens Valley and that is anyones game..

BUT... if Lobey dont eliminate Mt Barker, then I think Uri will go through and def Mt Barker in the 1st semi and then def Torrens Valley in the prelim for another Uri vs Hahndorf GF - and that is still anyones game..but I would then favour Uri as they will have momentum.

Lets see how wrong I am!
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:42 am

Oh and Nairne to be in Div 1, Echunga to go into Div 2 and commence building from their juniors up - which I think would be a good move for them - Nairne have shown the way to build is from Juniors up rather than what Echunga appears to have tried to do (which was try to build juniors from seniors down). If Nairne dont go up I still think Echunga may want to think about Div 2 for their immediate future..
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:13 pm

that is a comprehensive summary....
curious as to your reasoning behind Uraidla beating Hahndorf in round 17??
footytragic001971
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Grumpy Old B » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:18 pm

wazzal77 wrote:I like your questions footy tragic, here are my responses:

Torrens Valley will go top when Hahndorf lose (again) to Uraidla
Hahndorf will then regain top position when they beat Torrens Valley in the last minor round game at Hahndorf Oval
Top 3 will be Hahndorf, TV and Uraidla
The other 2 x spots will be Mt Barker and Lobey.

In first week of finals Torrens Valley will def Uri and Lobey will eliminate Mt Barker
Week 2 Lobey will eliminate Uri and Hahndorf will def Torrens Valley to go straight into the GF
In the Prelim Torrens Valley will beat Lobey
The GF between Hahndorf and Torrens Valley and that is anyones game..

BUT... if Lobey dont eliminate Mt Barker, then I think Uri will go through and def Mt Barker in the 1st semi and then def Torrens Valley in the prelim for another Uri vs Hahndorf GF - and that is still anyones game..but I would then favour Uri as they will have momentum.

Lets see how wrong I am!

With the 5 teams you have picked I think you a pretty well on the money Wazza
But I wouldn't be writing Blackwood off yet. Being a game up and percentage on both Mounts & Loby they have a handy buffer
They should beat onkas at Windy Hill this week. Then if they can defeat either of Mounts or Loby they should hold on.
BUT as they say destiny is in there own hands.
Grumpy Old B

Postby wazzal77 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:34 pm

footytragic001971 wrote:that is a comprehensive summary....
curious as to your reasoning behind Uraidla beating Hahndorf in round 17??

I cant see from looking up records that Hahndorf have beaten Uraidla at home - it appears Uraidla have it over Hahndorf (albeit apart from the most important game last season - in the grand final..!

And Grumpy I am predicting Blackwood to miss out - Onkas game the only one they could pencil in for the rest of the season (I expect them to lose to Hahndorf at Hahndorf, Mt Barker at home and Lobey at Lobey - and I can see Lobey winning all of the rest of the minor round games and Mt barker winning all but one - which would mean Blackwood would be out - just...

One thing for sure, its going to be interesting... which is exactly how you would want it..!
wazzal77
Rookie

Postby backdoor » Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:45 pm

Next season you need 5 teams to compete in Division 1 therefore Torrens Valley have no choice but to go back to Division 2, they just don't meet the criteria. Apart from that unless another team decides to go up or down things will remain the same. I agree with others, Echunga are in all sorts and they would surely consider going down, and I'm not sure if Nairne Bremer are ready to come up even if they earn the right, haven't had the ultimate success for a long time and are no guarantees this year.
backdoor
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:01 pm

backdoor wrote:Next season you need 5 teams to compete in Division 1 therefore Torrens Valley have no choice but to go back to Division 2, they just don't meet the criteria. Apart from that unless another team decides to go up or down things will remain the same. I agree with others, Echunga are in all sorts and they would surely consider going down, and I'm not sure if Nairne Bremer are ready to come up even if they earn the right, haven't had the ultimate success for a long time and are no guarantees this year.

They didn't meet the criteria this year either without Hahndorfs help. What I find ridiculous about that arrangement is that the Hahndorf 1st year U13 & U15 players can play for either TV or Hahndorf. They're 2 separate sides, it would be like us using Lobys better players when we come up against the stronger sides to be more competitive.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby 2old2slow » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:43 am

i think you will find no clubs including nairne will want to go to div 1 all pretty happy the way div 2 is going at present.
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby theduck » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:57 am

I wouldn't be surprised if onkas have a say in the way the 5 ends. They are still yet to play Blackwood, torrens and uraidla. They have been in good form and am tipping them to catch at least one of those teams off guard
theduck
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby cracka » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:09 am

theduck wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if onkas have a say in the way the 5 ends. They are still yet to play Blackwood, torrens and uraidla. They have been in good form and am tipping them to catch at least one of those teams off guard

We did beat Uraidla in the 1st round & were up with both Blackwood & TV for 3 quarters when we played them. I don't think Uraidla will lose to us twice in one season though.
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:38 pm

A bit of credit to Blackwood footy club, they brought the eastern side boundary line in 10 metres to avoid the boggy sections on that side. I had to do boundary umpire for U15s & I'm so glad I didn't have to run through that crap. Good thinking BFC.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Yellow & Black » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:43 pm

Very interesting fight for 3rd-6th positions on the ladder. Here's my predicted win/loss ratio in the run home:

3rd. Bl'wood 20pts 58%: 3 losses
4th. Uraidla 20pts 53%: 2 wins
5th. Barker 18pts: 57%: 2 wins
6th. Lobey 18pts 53%: 3 wins

Therefore Lobey will snatch the double chance on % from Uraidla who'll hold onto 4th. Barker will likely pinch 5th. Big 3 weeks coming up!!
Yellow & Black

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Afterthesiren » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Interesting from the C Grade thread, I know C Grade isn't talked about much on here but haven't Blackwood got recent similar history for this??

Re: HFL Division 3 (C grade)

by rock » Mon Aug 01, 2016 5:55 pm

It was a really good atmosphere at Ironbank yesterday for the C Grade Semi Finals. A couple of good games too, well done on Hahndorf making the Grand Final. I can't really say the same for Blackwood as it seems they were approved at least 4 dodgy permits which should have never got through.
2 players had played 11 and 12 B grade games (so most of them) and 4 C grade games and given permits, these 2 players recieved 2nd and 3rd best.
1 player had played zero games for the season and was given his first game in the Semi Final.
1 other player who has spent most of the season with South Adelaide's U18 and played 1 B grade game and 1 C grade game previously was also given a permit.
Well done Blackwood, hardly in the spirit of the game and most certainly not in the spirit of the C grade competition. I guess your win at all costs attitude sometimes pays off. Pity there isn't any strong leaders within the HFL who could put a stop to this. Ironbank were playing injured blokes yesterday to comply with the rules and regulations and fell 5 goals short. They can all hold their heads high.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Armytank » Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:10 pm

Why am I not surprised?
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby rock » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:42 pm

I wonder if Blackwood revealed the 1 gamer has been playing for South Adelaide's U18s when applying for the permit.
rock
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby laser » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:56 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:Things a bit quiet on here people. I have to respond to my own post. Looks like Lofty have saved themselves $3,200 for the remainder of the season as said person have agreed to part company. Money well saved by Lofty. Perhaps next year they recruit wisely

I'd expect him to be able to buy a new ute with the payout.
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy