HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 1 (Central)

Postby always there » Wed May 18, 2016 9:15 pm

Spiderman wrote:interesting thoughts chopper, would say give moore some moore time to prove himself, a few injuries have altered his ability to get the team up and about but theyve been competitive and are on the improve.

Same could have been said for McGahey. Do you reckon they gave him enough time? Was there some other reason he was let go? Didn't really give him a chance in my opinion
always there
Rookie

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby running defender » Wed May 18, 2016 11:21 pm

Nah can't use trial games because we didn't win any of them.
Won't be going back to div 2 cause no one wants to come up
Plus no pts are awarded for combined teams.in juniors
Already been investigated nothing found ,just like every other club in the hills that's been looked into
They will send more clubs broke than they will catch.
They should worry about getting the junior competitions right because the kids are leaving the game in droves
running defender
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby 2old2slow » Thu May 19, 2016 6:21 am

pretty sure nairne want to go up ;)
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby cracka » Thu May 19, 2016 11:03 am

Isn't next year when div 1 can go to a 12 team comp, so Echunga are safe regardless???
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 571 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Spiderman » Thu May 19, 2016 11:36 am

i know its early to talk about this, but would a 12 team comp make for a 22 game season?
Spiderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Legs Man » Thu May 19, 2016 12:20 pm

12 team comp is the best solution IMO for 2017 as it will alleviate the lopsided Div 2 outcomes which would be seen if it remains at 10.
Already looks like Div 2 is 4 versus the rest - with the 5 & 6 clubs just competing to make the top 5.
Div 1 is fairly even across the board albeit with a couple of clubs struggling for depth.
The top 1 or 2 clubs coming up from Div 2 would make it a really strong comp and further even it out.
Relegation is a moot point now if junior results are accounted for - particularly with a couple of Div 1 clubs not being able to field some sides in their own right.
My understanding was that a pre requisite for playing Div 1 was fielding all junior sides - and having other clubs juniors playing under your clubs name isn't a valid proposition.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby cracka » Thu May 19, 2016 12:28 pm

Legs Man wrote:12 team comp is the best solution IMO for 2017 as it will alleviate the lopsided Div 2 outcomes which would be seen if it remains at 10.
Already looks like Div 2 is 4 versus the rest - with the 5 & 6 clubs just competing to make the top 5.
Div 1 is fairly even across the board albeit with a couple of clubs struggling for depth.
The top 1 or 2 clubs coming up from Div 2 would make it a really strong comp and further even it out.
Relegation is a moot point now if junior results are accounted for - particularly with a couple of Div 1 clubs not being able to field some sides in their own right.
My understanding was that a pre requisite for playing Div 1 was fielding all junior sides - and having other clubs juniors playing under your clubs name isn't a valid proposition.

Could almost make an argument to have 3 divs of 6 teams each. Top 6 in div 1 look set, bottom 4 div 1 & top 2 div 2 would be close games as would bottom 6 div 2.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 466 times
Been liked: 571 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Corona Man » Thu May 19, 2016 12:31 pm

cracka wrote:
Legs Man wrote:12 team comp is the best solution IMO for 2017 as it will alleviate the lopsided Div 2 outcomes which would be seen if it remains at 10.

Could almost make an argument to have 3 divs of 6 teams each. Top 6 in div 1 look set, bottom 4 div 1 & top 2 div 2 would be close games as would bottom 6 div 2.

I agree with you Cracka.... but I don't think it will ever happen. More likely to be a Div 1 - 12 team comp. Which leaves Div 2 - looking very thin...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1285 times
Been liked: 3503 times

Postby Legs Man » Thu May 19, 2016 12:52 pm

cracka wrote:

Yes agree Cracka - certainly an option taking into account the lower end of Div 2 and keeping those clubs interested particularly at a junior level.
Hopefully 2017 is the year of change that will keep HFL as a strong and prosperous competition.
Probably the opportunity also for the league to take full control of most aspects - under consultation with the clubs - as it seems the competition stalls due to clubs having own agendas.
Programming is a major point regarding this as after viewing a couple of night matches this season - this should be taken advantage of with more programmed early in the season - with the HFL setting the program not having clubs deciding if it takes away an advantage etc etc.
Junior numbers also need a strong direction and anything that can be done to improve this from all stakeholders will help address the declining numbers.
There is no "magic" solution and I have seen first hand how hard clubs have to work to address this so any help will undoubtedly assist.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Thu May 19, 2016 3:37 pm

sounds like a good platform for a tilt at the job legs man.
but seriously you make good points, and I often see the league missing an opportunity to be innovative.
lets take some chances and try and maintain interest and even increase it.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby wazzal77 » Thu May 19, 2016 6:15 pm

Legs Man wrote:
cracka wrote:

Yes agree Cracka - certainly an option taking into account the lower end of Div 2 and keeping those clubs interested particularly at a junior level.
Hopefully 2017 is the year of change that will keep HFL as a strong and prosperous competition.
Probably the opportunity also for the league to take full control of most aspects - under consultation with the clubs - as it seems the competition stalls due to clubs having own agendas.
Programming is a major point regarding this as after viewing a couple of night matches this season - this should be taken advantage of with more programmed early in the season - with the HFL setting the program not having clubs deciding if it takes away an advantage etc etc.
Junior numbers also need a strong direction and anything that can be done to improve this from all stakeholders will help address the declining numbers.
There is no "magic" solution and I have seen first hand how hard clubs have to work to address this so any help will undoubtedly assist.

I personally love night footy, a Just 2 games this season under lights (Hahndorf v Mt Lofty and Echunga v Hahndorf)? Surely with correct programming (that doesnt conflict with night Adelaide Oval AFL Games) there can be more programmed at night? Looking at last seasons I note that 4 were played under lights (one at Ironbank, one at Heathfield and 2 at Hahndorf). It appears Hahndorf are keen for night football... is there any disadvantage at playing under lights? Is it financially motivated (does any club administrator on here have a comment to make about whether more or less people go to a night game?)
wazzal77
Rookie

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri May 20, 2016 9:11 am

I suspect Hahndorf would play more night games if other clubs said yes.
I couldn't think of a reason why anyone wouldn't want to play night games.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby batmanbegins » Fri May 20, 2016 2:18 pm

Round 7 Tips:

Lofty V barker- Barker had a huge win last week and lofty had a huge loss, I expect the same to happen this week with barker winning by 10 goals. Hope Miles injury isnt to bad and Hope young pope from Barker is ok after injuring his knee again,

Blackwood V Hahndorf- Huge couple of weeks for Blackwood coming up if they want to make the finals. They have only defeated the bottom 4 sides, I expect the Dorf train to keep rolling with an easy 8 goal win. Hourigan to have a bit of a tougher week against a back line full of SANFL league experience though and will only kick 4.

Echunga V Lobe- Sadly Echunga are missing a few key players and just don't have any depth to cover it. Lobe are missing a few key players also but keep winning which is really positive for them and they look the real deal this year. Lobethal by 10 goals.

Ironbank V TV- TV are looking really good and would expect another win tomorrow against a competitive ironbank side over the past few weeks. TV to win by 5 goals and Boras to kick 6.

Uraidla V Onkas- Onkas were competitive again but just slipped in the last quarter last week, Uraidla will be looking to bounce back which i expect they will. In a typical Uraidla game it will be low scoring but they will win by 4 goals.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 188 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Fri May 20, 2016 4:22 pm

ok...ill do some tips...

lofty v barker. Barker by plenty!

blackwood v Hahndorf. good test for both teams. Hahndorf in a close one.

Echunga v Lobethal. Echunga really struggling so Lobethal comfortably.

ironbank v torrens valley. ironbank are improving but tv are very good. torrens valley by about 5

Uraidla v onkas. Uraidla will limit onkas scoring power and win by 5.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby Keefy » Sat May 21, 2016 6:48 pm

All the away teams getting a win today

Onkas by 4 pts over Uraidla

Lobey and Torrens Valley by plenty over Echunga and Ironbank

Hourigan with another 5
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Spiderman » Sat May 21, 2016 7:04 pm

If you add the results from B grade and A grade at lobey vs echunga... It's 54.36 to 7.9 very poor stat
Spiderman
Mini-League

Been liked: 4 times

Postby chopper7 » Sun May 22, 2016 9:21 am

Spiderman wrote:If you add the results from B grade and A grade at lobey vs echunga... It's 54.36 to 7.9 very poor stat

Well picked up Spidey, fair to say it was a pretty rubbish day for Echunga. You can easily see once they have a few injuries they have got no depth what so ever.
Would have been the first time in a long that Lobethal's A grade has banged on 30 goals in a game as well.
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby footytragic001971 » Mon May 23, 2016 1:41 pm

So Onkas upset Uraidla.
I wonder:
were Onkas good, were Uraidla bad, or a little of both.
Did I hear right it was late in the game that Onkas hit the lead.
footytragic001971
Rookie

Postby The Big Shrek » Mon May 23, 2016 3:06 pm

I see in the Advertiser that Bassani has pleaded guilty to some dishonesty offending. Was the money being siphoned to the Echunga Footy Club?
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 368 times

Postby Corona Man » Mon May 23, 2016 3:18 pm

The Big Shrek wrote:I see in the Advertiser that Bassani has pleaded guilty to some dishonesty offending. Was the money being siphoned to the Echunga Footy Club?

Is it in today's paper... if so I can't find it. What page please?...As for the money - I have no idea, but I seriously doubt any money went into club coffers.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1285 times
Been liked: 3503 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy