Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:01 pm

He should fit in nicely at Peake.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby mazdabaiter » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:22 pm

yeh he has been a gun for some time, he loves playing the game but when it turns 6 oclock hes even better with the social side of things. doesnt mind a southern comfort or two.
mazdabaiter

Postby GWW » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:23 pm

Redandblack00 wrote:im pretty sure Corey Smelt is heading to Peake this year and taking players with him.

Any idea who Smelty is taking with him redandblack?
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby carey » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:27 pm

down the main street naked now i'm going there for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby mazdabaiter » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:25 am

i can tellyou right now corey smelt will not play for peake, period!
mazdabaiter

Postby GWW » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:09 pm

mazdabaiter wrote:i can tellyou right now corey smelt will not play for peake, period!

But is he going to be coaching them though mb?
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby carey » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:26 pm

nah he aint coaching them .........
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby scottroo » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:31 pm

carey, check ur pm
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brad » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:35 pm

Southern Flinders in Northern Areas have announced former Crystal Brook and SGL Lions coach Lyndon Prior to coach side in 2007, Prior replaces Bob Boston who missed out on the job. Prior coached Crystal Brook to Grand Finals in 1998 & 1999 and Lions to the 2002 SGL GF.

I would think Lyndon would give the club stability after the year it had this year.
Brad
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby wal65 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:26 pm

Heard that North Clare appointed their 2006 B grade premiership coach, Brett Francis, to coach the A grade next season. Definitely a lot cheaper option considering the high priced recuits and coaches they have had over the last few years. Looks like their finances arent too good either. It makes you wonder how long 2 teams in Clare can survive.

BBH have appointed former player, Terry Bevan as coach for 2007. The press conference should be interesting because he has been the footy writer for the Northern Argus the last couple of year.

RSMU have a new coach. Didnt catch his name but he umpired in the North Eastern last year. Interesting to hear what he thinks of the umpiring standard when his team loses.

South Clare started preseason training 10 days ago. Shows you how desperate they are. Min/Man tried the same thing a few years back. They hardly had a team by the end of the year due to injuries and players saying they had enough.

BLYTH/SNOWTOWN PREMIERS 2006, 2007?
wal65
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Blyth-Snowtown

Postby Brad » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:30 am

BMW has announced Andrew Milne as coach:

Taken from Northern Argus:
BMW surprises by appointing Milne
Dennis Green

Booleroo-Melrose-Wilmington Football Club pulled an ace out of its sleeve on Monday morning with the surprise announcement it had appointed senior player Andrew Milne as A grade coach.

Milne will replace David 'Freddy' Freeman whose record during three years at the helm saw the Lions finish second, first and third in that order.

Critics of Freeman had openly canvassed their views that the team they had in 2004/05/06 should have won three premierships not one and they called for change.

The hiring of Andrew Milne has subsequently been hailed as "a positive move" around the club according to incoming president Phil Green.

"The committee members were quite keen on us talking to Andrew and seeing what his thoughts were on the future of the club and what his general coaching ideas were," said Green.

"I can honestly say the appointment of him has been received extremely positively. The players who I've spoken to about it have been very happy."

Andrew Milne's distinguished playing career started off in Laura-Wirrabara's minis and junior colts before he won a Peckers' A grade best and fairest award.

He has made a name for himself playing in Darwin, Cairns, North Adelaide (reserves) and Central Augusta.

He has represented Northern Areas and the Spencer Gulf Football League in association football and he's been selected twice in the state country squad.

Andrew Milne is a very senior player at BMW – joining the Lions in 2000 – and he has been a consistent on-field leader.

He's played under a variety of coaches and said all of them have contributed to his own views on the game and how it should be played.

"I've had a fair few people influence my footy so I'd like to think I've got a good mix of what to do and what not to do," Milne said.

"I'd like to think I can get the young lads up and improve their footy and guide them along. They are the future of the club and hopefully we'll be able to have a good season together."

Green said the club's ambition now must be to try and finish top-two at the end of the minor round in 2007 and go from there.

"We'd be very keen to get right up in the top couple of clubs and hopefully win a flag as you would want to," Green said.
Brad
League - Best 21

Postby Brad » Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:46 pm

Crystal Brook has confirmed Damien Mellow back for his fourth year, after losing the last two GF's the club is desperate for a flag.
Brad
League - Best 21

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:29 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Cameron McCallum would almost certainly, unless something dramatic happens, return to the Mid North.

Well something dramatic has happened.
And I'd say Loxton are keeping Cam McCallum next season.
It doesn't appear that he'll be heading back to the Mid North now.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby FOOTYGODS » Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:56 pm

anyone know of any clubs offering some good cash for 5 good players 3 on ballers 2 x key position players 2 on ballers are classy backman and the other is a genuine forward aswell...reply if anyone is interested i will pass it on...
FOOTYGODS
Under 18s

Postby crackers » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:48 pm

any blg news out there
crackers
Under 16s

Postby Down&Out » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:16 pm

Carey keen to find out why you are so interested in news about Peake footy club- my mail is that they look like getting some top line players from town, all ex Div 1 players, a div 2 medallist among them
Down&Out
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby ROOS » Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:45 pm

no way
Last edited by ROOS on Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ROOS

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:27 am

Interesting call.

For your info Fudd - they had about five players from Darwin last season, none are there this year.

Also, they've lost a young ruckman and would definitely be looking for some more height.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Brad » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:25 pm

Any Country footy news out there?
Brad
League - Best 21

Postby steiger » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:01 am

Brad wrote:Any Country footy news out there?

Been away and not sure if this has been posted before but just in case, Luke Abel (policeman recently moved to Lincoln from I think Broadview club) has signed with Lincoln South. The rumours are for a "s**tload" of moola and I would think the rumours would be spot on.

Also Boston Football Club have got off their collective behinds, recruited big time and am led to believe have asked 3 or 4 others to leave. Tasmans reported to be gaining several.

Mallee Park club undersood to be in trouble with the League again (more news to come out soon) and understood to have lost some key players to Bostons (according to Bostons anyway)

Reigning premiers Marble Range have lost several players but have gained the services of Tim Brooks from Adelaide. Waybacks have also lost a few.

All this will hopefully make the comp a bit more even
steiger
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy