Steve Brooks

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Steve Brooks

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:15 am

From what I understand they've had a long involvement with the club.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Texas Rattlesnake » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:26 am

Brad man - i am led to believe that you may in fact know alot more about Rian/Ryan Nelson than you are letting on...
Texas Rattlesnake
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Brad Man » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:39 am

Are you suggesteing I am Ryan Nelson, Texas. Sorry mate not me, but i do enjoy the BLG comp.
Brad Man
Rookie

Postby Stirlo » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:03 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:He was assistant coach last year.
His wife is also a trainer at the club and an award winning football photographer.
They're very passionate about their local footy.

Perhaps Barossa is trying to save money on their coaching department ?
Stirlo

Postby Hafey » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:19 pm

Stirlo wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:He was assistant coach last year.
His wife is also a trainer at the club and an award winning football photographer.
They're very passionate about their local footy.

Perhaps Barossa is trying to save money on their coaching department ?

What are you suggesting Stirlo ?

You would think after two GF's under there belt they would be cashed up and wanting the best in the business to continue on the Barossa Districts dynasty they have created .
What i dont know about football isnt worth knowing .
Hafey
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby holden06 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:20 am

I dont think that barossa is doing it cheap in going with Ryan Nelson as A's coach. I would say that Baroassa are on a winning formular and want to stay with it. I saw Barossa play Sails North and they look like they will be hard to beat.
You say I dont have guts but I do. Just ask my belt
holden06
Rookie

Postby Stirlo » Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:11 pm

holden06 wrote:I dont think that barossa is doing it cheap in going with Ryan Nelson as A's coach. I would say that Baroassa are on a winning formular and want to stay with it. I saw Barossa play Sails North and they look like they will be hard to beat.

Steve Occonnor is the master of that formula and i know that alot people think that if you have the cattle a coach makes little difference, but i disagree and suggest that ryan nelson is going to be left wanting in the clinches and will be wishing he had a direct line to occy in the kilburn coaches box.
Stirlo

Postby Hafey » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:15 pm

Stirlo wrote:
holden06 wrote:I dont think that barossa is doing it cheap in going with Ryan Nelson as A's coach. I would say that Baroassa are on a winning formular and want to stay with it. I saw Barossa play Sails North and they look like they will be hard to beat.

Steve Occonnor is the master of that formula and i know that alot people think that if you have the cattle a coach makes little difference, but i disagree and suggest that ryan nelson is going to be left wanting in the clinches and will be wishing he had a direct line to occy in the kilburn coaches box.

Stirlo , unfortunately for Barossa Districts they had to rob Peter to pay Paul and were left scrapping the barrel when it came to securing a coach for 08.

Any news who will be at the helm in 09 ?
Hafey
Under 16s

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:19 pm

i doubt stirlo will reply hafey. the post above yours was his last. 4 months ago :lol:
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby james07 » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:42 am

Nelson reappointed and finishing second demands a rethink of some of the previous comments hafey
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Hafey » Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:53 pm

Your right james, credit to where credit is due.

Wouldnt be a easy task taking a team that is full of imports and the past two premierships to second place on a ladder with other clubs that are lucky to field 2 teams.

Well done Ryan Nelson, maybe worth throwing his hat in the ring for the job with the new Gold Coast team.
Hafey
Under 16s

Postby james07 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:28 am

Hafey wrote:Your right james, credit to where credit is due.

Wouldnt be a easy task taking a team that is full of imports and the past two premierships to second place on a ladder with other clubs that are lucky to field 2 teams.

Well done Ryan Nelson, maybe worth throwing his hat in the ring for the job with the new Gold Coast team.

do you actually know what you are talking about or do you just shoot your mouth off and enjoy looking stupid, but then this forum allows people like you with no creditability take personal swipes at others with no substance. Barossa have four imports as they are allocated and have plenty of returning juniors if you took the time to check. Youre nothing but a coward in what you do
james07
Under 16s

Postby John Doe » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:11 pm

james07 wrote:
Hafey wrote:Your right james, credit to where credit is due.

do you actually know what you are talking about or do you just shoot your mouth off and enjoy looking stupid, but then this forum allows people like you with no creditability take personal swipes at others with no substance. Barossa have four imports as they are allocated and have plenty of returning juniors if you took the time to check. Youre nothing but a coward in what you do

Don't worry about halfwit James, he has no idea about this association & just likes to sling crap on behalf of his little mate Mick
opinions are like armpits, everyone has them & everyone else's stink!
John Doe
Rookie

Postby Stirlo » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:31 pm

quote]

Stirlo , unfortunately for Barossa Districts they had to rob Peter to pay Paul and were left scrapping the barrel when it came to securing a coach for 08.

Any news who will be at the helm in 09 ?[/quote]

The spongecake has been reinstated for 09. I hope his recruiting manager occonner has a few rabbits to pull out of his hat again next season, because I hear that the Stelzers are moving on to greener pastures and it wouldn't surprise to see thomas move on to a coaching job somewhere and take a few players with him. Without Occoner to help them, Barossa will die a slow death because they haven't got the juniors to make them competitive at A Grade level.
Stirlo

Postby james07 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:04 pm

Stirlo wrote:quote]

Any news who will be at the helm in 09 ?

The spongecake has been reinstated for 09. I hope his recruiting manager occonner has a few rabbits to pull out of his hat again next season, because I hear that the Stelzers are moving on to greener pastures and it wouldn't surprise to see thomas move on to a coaching job somewhere and take a few players with him. Without Occoner to help them, Barossa will die a slow death because they haven't got the juniors to make them competitive at A Grade level.[/quote]

intersting Oconnor had very little to do with the recruiting over the years and it was nelson who was the main guy doing the work with the contacts via the eagles etc, but you are right about the juniors
james07
Under 16s

Postby Hafey » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:45 pm

james , so you are claiming that it was nelson who had the SANFL contacts and did all the work while oconnor was just the puppet ?

Amazing !
Hafey
Under 16s

Postby Don Brook » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:54 pm

I dont know about Nelson at Barossa but when he was at Willaston he looked at person who was always going to coach, not surprised to see him going ok at Barossa. Was making the move from playing to life after football then. Was on the board and was active in making the club better.
Don Brook
Rookie

Postby Stirlo » Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:23 pm

Any truth to the rumor that Steven Brooks has signed at Willaston for 09. Certainly would be a massive 'in' for the stuggling donnybrooks line up
Stirlo

Postby Hafey » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:29 am

That would be a signing of biblical proportions if correct.

Wouldnt be anyone in the BL&G capable of shutting down a guy that big and mobile , almost Buddy Franklin like.

Congratulations to Pim Verbeek and the soceroos last night , 4-0 was a fantastic result.
Hafey
Under 16s

Postby Bag & Sledge » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:50 am

Hafey wrote:That would be a signing of biblical proportions if correct.

Wouldnt be anyone in the BL&G capable of shutting down a guy that big and mobile , almost Buddy Franklin like.

Congratulations to Pim Verbeek and the soceroos last night , 4-0 was a fantastic result.

Hafey, Steve Brooks if i remember right last played with the Donnybrooks back in 2000 or 2001? He is not buddy Franklin like!!!
Brooks has got a good mark but struggles to kick 50 metres with the breeze!
If you think Brooks is Buddy Franklin like then i would like to see what you would think about Alex Kennedy, Ben Britton or Malcolm Greenwood all guys who you presented medals too on grand final day???
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy