Player movements for season 2008...

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Player movements for season 2008...

Postby the reflex » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:12 pm

With more comps adopting the "points " system in regards to recruiting it will restrict the amount of players a club can bring in, therefore the top end players will demand and get serious coin.
suicide note - "I had plenty of food & water but all I had to listen to on this desert island was Bruno Mars - Goodbye"
the reflex
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Jayne » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:54 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but can somebody breifly explain this 'points system'? I'm assuming it is a new format?
Jayne
Rookie

Postby GWW » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:03 pm

Jayne wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but can somebody breifly explain this 'points system'? I'm assuming it is a new format?

I dont know the exact nature of it but it basically works so that each player a club has, has a certain amount of points assigned to them. Coming from a recent AFL career might see them worth 6 or something, 5 maybe from SANFL (each year since they played at SANFL or AFL I think this amount reduces by a point), association rep in another league may be worth 3 or something. If a player played juniors for the club they're playing at i think they're worth 1 ( so basically all players are worth at least 1 point). Its a big incentive to play and develop local players.

So on any given match day a League side can't have more than a particular amount of points. I think its about 34 or something like that. It may be implemented such that clubs who finish lower the previous season have more points to work with.

Its way, way easier to police than the salary cap, but whether or not its a better system overall i guess we wont know until next year when its actually implemented.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby GWW » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:06 pm

lion heart wrote:Hey Hills can you confirm the rumours of Sweeny and Vick to jervois next year? Couple of big names if the rumours are true??

Gees Vick would be handy in the RMFL, but yeah makes you wonder how they could fit him under the points scheme unless they lost a few players.

Whats the background on Sweeney? Presumably a handy player in the Southern League, played SANFL at all?
GWW

Postby LuvsFooty » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:15 pm

Fair chance you may see Vick at Loxton next year with his good friend Leigh Kruger who is the head coach. Loxton is a relatively easy drive from Karoonda. On the other hand he may also return to Goolwa where he comes from. He has some good mates down there. Thats if he leaves Cove!
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby GWW » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:47 pm

LuvsFooty wrote:Fair chance you may see Vick at Loxton next year with his good friend Leigh Kruger who is the head coach. Loxton is a relatively easy drive from Karoonda. On the other hand he may also return to Goolwa where he comes from. He has some good mates down there. Thats if he leaves Cove!

On the Southern Footy forum it said Vick to Jervois is almost a done deal. Who knows obviously still a long way to go til next year though.
GWW

Postby Bandit » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:14 am

[quote="GWW"]Gees Vick would be handy in the RMFL, but yeah makes you wonder how they could fit him under the points scheme unless they lost a few players.
quote]

Also considered in the points system is how long a player has been at the club, this means a retained player has less points than a new one and anyone at a club who has been there a while wont contribute as many points to the overall tally.
A good idea to promote players staying at a club for extended times
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 109 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:17 am

We've had the points system here in the Riverland this season.

It seems to have worked.

I understand at least one club, which already has a gun midfield, was unable to recruit another player because of the points system. How true this is I don't know...
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby schimma » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:15 pm

Scott Matthews former power/crows rookie list and wwtfc to play for Mount Lofty next year.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:16 pm

Intreresting Schimma - he played Div 7 for Trinity this year.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Justquietly » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:12 pm

Div 7??
I don't know of him. If he was listed he can obviously play. Anyone seen him play at all?
What would be the connection with Lofty?
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby FootyMad » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:19 pm

Money would be his connection wouldnt it?
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

Postby Justquietly » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:27 pm

Not necessarily. Some of the more recent signings have come up cos they know a bloke there.
The $$ can help but sometimes there's a mate or something like that.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Jayne » Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:28 pm

The connection is likely to be the Eagles, with Jon Floreani already there, not sure Matthews will attract massive $$$ anything over the $250>$300 zone would represent poor value for Lofty...
Jayne
Rookie

Postby tedbullpit » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:36 pm

FootyMad wrote:Bartemucci to stay on at legs.
Hargraves agreed to a deal with Ardrossan recently, simply needing to sign. Apparently was looking for a coaching/playing role - not sure that is the case with Ardrossan but from all reports very happy with the deal. Only thing stopping him now is staying on with Port.
Kaesler, very interesting, could be following a current team mate to GSFL.

Hargreaves hasn't decided on his playing future for 2008. Spoke to a close mate of his last night who spoke to him yesterday. Said he was sometime off making a decision but it is highly likely that his SANFL days are over.
tedbullpit
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby tedbullpit » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:40 pm

macdog3 wrote:
tedbullpit wrote:
macdog3 wrote:Barossa District will lose players to both Kilburn and North Clare...

Also heard one may be heading to Marion too.

who's going to marion?

Can't divulge unfortunately. I work with a current Barossa player who was rung up by the Marion Football Club and I happened to hear the conversation and enquired with him. He wants to win the flag with Barossa's first b4 making a decision on his playing future. The Kilburn rumour is a load of sh*t but t a few of the Barossa boys have been talking about North Clare next season.
tedbullpit
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby Shameless » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:53 am

FootyMad wrote:I was given Ardrossan by the man himself and the coach of Ardrossan

Obviously you do not know the Ardrossan coach too well FM
as he has been known to tell a few stories in his time.

He also told me that they have signed Quinten Graham from
Centrals and Will have Clive Waterhouse when he comes
back from his knee op.

Believe all of these ardrossan rumours when they actually happen.
Shameless

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:40 pm

Jayne wrote:
FootyMad wrote:Not too many blokes are gona post that kind of info on here in the fear you may be poaching....
But, as the nice bloke that I am I can tell you Daniel Hargraves from the Port Magpies is looking for a new home outside of the SANFL along with Vinnie Rugalo from the Eagles, although he is going OS from Jan 08 till ?? but will surely need a home when he returns.
Someone from townies will be able to confirm or deny this but apparently they will lose a few players including a large forward who is apparently going to the SFL club that finished 7th or 8th this year.
Mark Demasi from goodies may be also on the move and Ivan Silvy from Torrens Valley also headed to either Willaston or PtDistrict.

Who is the big forward leaving Towns? Not Golding to a Cove or a Marion?? Zero chance!!

Hargy would command what size pay packet on the YP??

Apparantly Tailem Bend are going to make a big play for Demasi, expect them to be scouting this week Vs S/Nth...

hmm i dont know much about tailem bend (standard wise etc) but i would be surprised to see demasi go there considering he was at south adelaide and now hes playing pretty well with one of the best ameture sides in div 1.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby oxa » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:47 pm

a few ex townie boys already playing at OSB/Lonsdale they finished 8th. i know there still good mates with alot of them.
oxa

Has liked: 3 times

Postby FootyMad » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:32 am

mighty hounds wrote:
Jayne wrote:
FootyMad wrote:Not too many blokes are gona post that kind of info on here in the fear you may be poaching....
But, as the nice bloke that I am I can tell you Daniel Hargraves from the Port Magpies is looking for a new home outside of the SANFL along with Vinnie Rugalo from the Eagles, although he is going OS from Jan 08 till ?? but will surely need a home when he returns.
Someone from townies will be able to confirm or deny this but apparently they will lose a few players including a large forward who is apparently going to the SFL club that finished 7th or 8th this year.
Mark Demasi from goodies may be also on the move and Ivan Silvy from Torrens Valley also headed to either Willaston or PtDistrict.

Who is the big forward leaving Towns? Not Golding to a Cove or a Marion?? Zero chance!!

Hargy would command what size pay packet on the YP??

Apparantly Tailem Bend are going to make a big play for Demasi, expect them to be scouting this week Vs S/Nth...

hmm i dont know much about tailem bend (standard wise etc) but i would be surprised to see demasi go there considering he was at south adelaide and now hes playing pretty well with one of the best ameture sides in div 1.

Rumours are Demasi (dependant on new coach) is heading back to South Adelaide.
Not Golding, apparently this particular player is a key forward and kicked around 50-60 goals this year for the towns.
Hargraves rumoured packet was 5-600 a game with a hefty sign on.
FootyMad
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy