HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:24 pm

On The Pine wrote:
cracka wrote:This is how it was this year not including any central clubs having a 2nd side in.
S/C Meadows, Nairne, Birdwood, Echunga, Gum
J/C Meadows, Nairne, Birdwood, Echunga, Kersbrook, Maccy, Kangarilla
U13 Meadows, Nairne, Birdwood, Kersbrook, Maccy, Gum, Sedan
Have a go at doing a draw where teams can all play together most weeks. Good luck
Maybe put any replies on the country forum.

The issue of dwindling junior numbers at Country clubs has been raised multiple times without an outcome. The most sensible solution is to have two colts teams instead of three. U14.5's and U17.5's. Other leagues already have gone down this track. But because all clubs vote on the issue which affects Country only, it gets voted down primarily because Central clubs think they will lose U13 players to Country's U14.5's. (Or so I'm led to believe)

Actually its the Country clubs that will lose players to central, if they are over 14.5 but still eligible for central U15's but in country they would have to be in U17.5
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby On The Pine » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Fair point. But mums may be less concerned about their kid at 15 than at 13, and once a kid has settled in at a club as a teenager then may be more inclined to stay with friends?? Lots of theories. Maybe everyone realigns age groups. The pool of kids isn't big enough to go round obviously. Clubs too close together just poaching from one another.
On The Pine
Rookie

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby magpiemaster » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:15 pm

Agree with the early post, within a few years we should be looking at a Littlehampton/Cornerstone/Mt Barker2 side, they will have so many numbers floating out there. Needs to be taken advantage of by the HFL otherwise kids not getting a game at Mt Barker my quit the sport. Going to 2 junior grades seems to be the best way to go, and then i think the overflow of kids would equal out, I.e kids not needed at the bigger clubs may be attracted to the smaller clubs. So many junior teams and comps has spread the numbers very thin in areas. I notice that there seems to be a large amount of kids playing College football compared with 15 years ago.

On a separate note, who will be the winner out of Mt Lofty going down? Will any kids or seniors bail to rival senior clubs? Will Echunga be able survive a year in central and stay up? who were the closest teams to Mt Lofty in the Shield this year?
magpiemaster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:55 pm

magpiemaster wrote:Agree with the early post, within a few years we should be looking at a Littlehampton/Cornerstone/Mt Barker2 side, they will have so many numbers floating out there. Needs to be taken advantage of by the HFL otherwise kids not getting a game at Mt Barker my quit the sport. Going to 2 junior grades seems to be the best way to go, and then i think the overflow of kids would equal out, I.e kids not needed at the bigger clubs may be attracted to the smaller clubs. So many junior teams and comps has spread the numbers very thin in areas. I notice that there seems to be a large amount of kids playing College football compared with 15 years ago.

On a separate note, who will be the winner out of Mt Lofty going down? Will any kids or seniors bail to rival senior clubs? Will Echunga be able survive a year in central and stay up? who were the closest teams to Mt Lofty in the Shield this year?

Whoever has the best recruiters

Who are the players likely to get the most attention?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby the wonder elephant » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:02 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
magpiemaster wrote:Agree with the early post, within a few years we should be looking at a Littlehampton/Cornerstone/Mt Barker2 side, they will have so many numbers floating out there. Needs to be taken advantage of by the HFL otherwise kids not getting a game at Mt Barker my quit the sport. Going to 2 junior grades seems to be the best way to go, and then i think the overflow of kids would equal out, I.e kids not needed at the bigger clubs may be attracted to the smaller clubs. So many junior teams and comps has spread the numbers very thin in areas. I notice that there seems to be a large amount of kids playing College football compared with 15 years ago.

Whoever has the best recruiters

Who are the players likely to get the most attention?

Sam Miles and Mark ? Neilson would be 2 that spring to mind !
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby the_grinch » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:29 pm

If Echunga keep/kept the same squad from this season, how will they fare in central div next season?
the_grinch
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby FairDinkum » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:39 pm

Interesting, perhaps mt lofty and Echunga should have had a "play off" for promotion/relegation, one game, one result
FairDinkum
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:49 pm

FairDinkum wrote:Interesting, perhaps mt lofty and Echunga should have had a "play off" for promotion/relegation, one game, one result

Bahaahhaaa in all grades or just the a grade ?
Problem is the relegation is based on a total clubs performance yet premotion is based on the a grade performance .... level playing field I think not ... don't get me wrong all good for Echunga coming up but as armytank has said needs to happen year in year out so the best teams are playing the best teams and the hfl need to get this right for the good of the comp in both divisions !
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Postby R. White » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:36 am

I would have thought if Echunga can pick up one or two quality imports and have some of the local lads that have left recently comeback they should be able to stay off the bottom of the A grade ladder. The problem is will they be able to win enough A grade games to cover the other grades so they don't end up at the bottom of the shield?
R. White
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby MONTE CRISTO » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:29 pm

Echunga will finish bottom! Bridgewater have improved and can't see them beating any of the others. Their only chance could be if Torrens Valley lost a large number of players.

And what's the big deal about Mt Lofty playing in Country Division. If they are the family club they claim to be then everyone will stick with them and surely they would be good enough to earn a promotion the year after!
MONTE CRISTO
Rookie

Postby Dutchy » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Dear valued MLFC Members,

RE; MT Lofty Relegation to Country Division for season 2014.

Last Monday night the special meeting of the Hills Football League (HFL) voted against the motion put by the HFL Board and supported by Mt Lofty to remove By Law 18.1.5 which reads; Central Division to consist of no more than 10 clubs.

Accordingly this By Law remains in place & the 2014 Central Division competition will be limited to 10 teams which means there will not be room for both Mt Lofty and Echunga.

The onus is now on the HFL Board to determine whether the application by the Echunga Football Club satisfies all the requirements to participate in the HFL Central Division. In essence the HFL Board needs to be convinced that the Echunga Football Club has the player numbers, club structure & resources to compete week in, week out in the Central Division. Particular focus is on the Under 13’s, Junior Colts and Senior Colts teams which they struggled to fill this season & in previous seasons.

The final decision on the Echunga application does not need to be made until the HFL Annual General Meeting being held the 1st week of December. Mt Lofty is pushing hard to have this decision brought forward to bring some certainty to proceedings & to enable us to plan for the 2014 season.

The club has put in place actions that will provide our club with a number of options for the 2014 season should the decision fall in favour of the Echunga Football Club.

These options are being finalised as a matter of urgency so that a special club meeting can be held shortly where we can present these options to all players & members. We will then all have a clear understanding as to the way forward for our club & the roles we must all play in determining our future.
It is important that the Club remains strong & united & continues to build on the strong community that is the Mt Lofty District Football Club.
Whatever the outcome we are confident the Senior Club (A & B Grade, Senior Colts, Junior Colts and U13’S) will come out of this experience a stronger, more cohesive playing group.
A reminder that whatever the outcome for the Senior Club there will be no change to the functioning of the Junior Club. The HFL Junior League does not run along the same Central Division, Country Division structure as the Seniors.
The competition make up & oval locations for AusKick through to Under 11’s will be the same as they were last season.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3563 times

Postby Banker » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:57 am

Sickerdick has already stated he believes Echunga have the juniors to comply.

Part of an email to all clubs dated Oct 17:
Under HFL By-Law 18.2.1 Echunga FC submitted their application to the Board on Friday 11 October 2013 and as such have currently identified they fulfil the requirements of the By-Laws, by having all the required teams necessary to compete in the Central Division. Having already received a few questions re this, I as the President of the HFL can only say that I believe Echunga FC have consulted with their whole Club, have the total support of their Club and have the numbers to enable all teams as required, with this being juniors as well, with teams consisting of numbers so as to play within the rules.

Under By-Law 18.2.2 as no Central Division has indicated its wish to be relegated, we have to apply the relegation system which as we know, leaves Mt Lofty FC as the Club to be relegated.
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby the_grinch » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:31 am

Seeya Lofty!
the_grinch
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times

Postby afc9798 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:59 pm

the_grinch wrote:Seeya Lofty!

Sounds to me like the HFL have left themselves a pretty big escape clause to keep Lofty in the Central Division by alluding to Echunga's 'struggle' to fill junior sides. Would be pretty easy for them to then just say that they weren't convinced they could fill the numbers. Do all clubs get a vote on the final decision or only if an amendment to the rules is being proposed? Sorry not sure how the structure works.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby the wonder elephant » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:02 pm

afc9798 wrote:
the_grinch wrote:Seeya Lofty!

Sounds to me like the HFL have left themselves a pretty big escape clause to keep Lofty in the Central Division by alluding to Echunga's 'struggle' to fill junior sides. Would be pretty easy for them to then just say that they weren't convinced they could fill the numbers. Do all clubs get a vote on the final decision or only if an amendment to the rules is being proposed? Sorry not sure how the structure works.

Vote has been cast mate just up to HFL to approve the application regarding filling all sides required .
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Postby chopper7 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:40 pm

So now the mountain goats are out of CENTRAL DIV can we stop talking about them and move onto CENTRAL DIV related matters. Surely there is a bit of gossip floating around at the moment regrading who going where etc.....
chopper7
Under 16s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:08 pm

A lot of talk on the saafl div 6 thread of lofty going to that divison , very silly decision if true imo , will lose juniors to ironbank , Bridgy and uris lose gate canteen and bar takings from only having 2 games there , where would the remaining juniors go ???
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Postby Kick'n Back » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:40 pm

the wonder elephant wrote:A lot of talk on the saafl div 6 thread of lofty going to that divison , very silly decision if true imo , will lose juniors to ironbank , Bridgy and uris lose gate canteen and bar takings from only having 2 games there , where would the remaining juniors go ???

and would play in a lower standard of footy.
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby The Sorce » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:19 pm

Echunga have already confirmed they will have the numbers in all grades so the move is a Done deal.... If Echunga keep all their players from last year and recruit some I can see them beating - Bridgewater (seeing as 2 or so years ago they beat them when Echunga had a lesser team and when Bridgewater were meant to be having their BREAK out year! - breaking out of the bottom 5 that is), Torrens Valley, and the next few would be closer the some think.... Hahndorf, Ironbank Onkas etc. However in saying that I would not expect them to win too many in their first year maybe best result being 8th?
Country Division
The Sorce
Under 16s

Postby the wonder elephant » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:04 pm

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... e=1&ref=nf

Is this Craig Smith former Ironbank player ??? If not does anyone know where hes from ??
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy