EP Sport - back with a vengeance

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Postby WhiteTips » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:12 pm

hey eags, we made 140 odd, very skethcy performance, greasy made 40 odd other than that just 10's and 20's, to charlton's credit they batted well, got the runs in about 30 odd overs!

The whole team even came around and stayed for 1 beer, with a few others, including Unknown_Quantity staying for prawns and marinated steaks which was good to see!!!

anyone know who got the most runs for the round? i know it wouldnt have been orchy or reidy
WhiteTips
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby eags » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:15 pm

Dustin Parker was the top scorer in our game with 85
eags
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby dickiebird » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:23 pm

Think I owe grub $35. LS dissapointing again, heads have to roll there. Tasmans continue to dominate the comp, its all over like Dion Staceys teeth. SES scratchy. Chjarlton Heros ... run has to stop... will be this wkend no doubt!
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby WhiteTips » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:34 pm

Who's heads have to roll dicky?

Casey groke had to go to his formal at 2pm so we had to bat first, im sure he only got a duck cus he was thinking about how much piss he was going sink that night...i know i would of!....Matt Parker was out for the game, as was Andrew Fraser - thats why the bowling attack was depleted....and we had the youngest of the groke's fielding, he's only 14 i think so we were fairly short, cast comes off wednesday and even if its still broken i'll be looking to help out the team this weekend...instead of drinking and helping...greg symonds out this weekend which will be a big blow to the batting...andrew fraser and matt parker back in however.

What are the odd's that WCP has taken a sicky today from his big satty night binge at the tassy?
WhiteTips
Under 18s

Postby dickiebird » Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:48 pm

Talk is that fitness is the problem at LS, Reidy injured, Orch not the same, Bawden struggling with fitness, Darren Grocke slow, Lucas and Turvey only are plodders..... heard that 30 runs could have been saved in the field, not to mention catches that could have been taken with more pace. That is onlyb the start of the Problems at LS, no one seems to be responding to Riedy, he can get his head down at times. Just going thru the motions LS. Cant win the flag!
Tasmans totall opposite, Captain has the hunger instsalled in the players, the three nights a week training, the fielding training , the die for your mate attitude all ads up to undefeated premiers.
Did Charlton do anything silly\stupid before the game like a warmup lap or their famous group hug?
Good to see T River competative on Sat.
Scoob good effort with your kids too.
wcp is hopeless after a night out takes three days to get over it!!
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby eags » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:03 pm

What happened in the Tod River vs Tasmans game?
eags
League Bench Warmer

Postby WhiteTips » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:03 pm

Not sure whether to take u seriously or not, or whether your trying to get a bite!
Reidy not injured..dont know where that came from, orchy is struggling, it will come though, your just angry u lost $10 on him..haha...darren groke only filling in because justin stevens left and i broke my arm so has played his last game of A grade..with me keeping again and orchy and matt parker back in the field, no more b graders filling in i think we can turn it around..eventually.

Charlton did a warm up lap, stretches and full 15 minute fielding warm up....reminded me of the days at W/Torrens with eags!! it certainly does help your team out with skills and mentality...but it dosnt fit into the PLCA, but as tasmans and charlton have showed, they are the only two teams doing it, and they are one and two on the ladder...so maybe look for a change in some other clubs??? or is it just november and we should all wait and see what happens at the start of january!

Everyone is listening to reidy, orchy has him covered when he falls asleep for an over or two, nothing to worry about there, he's leading the way with the bat and ball as captain.
WhiteTips
Under 18s

Postby WCE » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:18 pm

Anyone heard any 'football' rumours?
WCE

Postby dickiebird » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:19 pm

Dont think the other clubs would want to embarras themselves like that...

LS = underachieving
Tas = premiers
Last edited by dickiebird on Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby Haje » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:29 pm

Tasmans won by three wickets with 8 balls to spare. We batted first and made 9 for 153. Tasmans were in a bit of trouble at 3 for 30 odd but Kloeden and Ryan steadied the ship and took the score to around 100 (Kloeden was dropped first ball and it was a lollie). We got a few late wickets but it was all a little too late for us unfortunately.

It was a good game and for a change we batted 50 overs! Tasmans batting order is a worry, we caught them on a bad day, I wouldn't want to play them on a good day!
Haje
Rookie

Postby dickiebird » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:11 am

sounds like you caught them on a bad day and still couldnt win.... the whole comp is running scared, it aint only TR
anyone go to the association meeting last nite?
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby eags » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:02 am

DB .... news to me mate! Had a couple of friendly words on Saturday but other than that not much was said.

I too have heard that the groundsman is sick of being told how to prepare wickets. Mind you, the umpire's report from the SES vs Souths game was not too kind in his assessment of the pitch. Reckoned it was too slow and two or three balls kept too low!! If 2 or 3 balls keep a little low during a whole match it's not that bad a deck!!
eags
League Bench Warmer

Postby dickiebird » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:56 am

wheres wcp? is he still alive after his 'big' weekend.
Tasmans are purchasing an old golf buggy to bring out drinks at cicket.
Spectators not happy with their scoreboard, too small to read from other side of oval.
Last edited by dickiebird on Thu Jan 05, 2006 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby eags » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:56 pm

dickiebird wrote:Every team has there boring players. It is not good for the game. What do they achieve by being out there for twenty overs and scoring 20... what a joke.... sure there is a time when they come in handy but 90% of the time they are wasting our time!!! do u guys agree?

SES - D Parker

The big fella has 191 runs @ 38.2 so far this season.
eags
League Bench Warmer

Postby rangerbob » Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:20 pm

good to see the big fella make some runs to silence a few critics, even some in ses. hes always been a good batter just needed some confidence.
rangerbob
Under 16s

Postby windsoravenuedemon » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:23 pm

Dusty hardly gave a chance on the weekend, best I've seen the lad bat. let's talk about your cricketing ability DB. You have a bit to say about everybody elses!!! Ever played in the ones mate, not counting the times when they ask you at the last minute in the front bar of the Northern. It'd take you a while to change out of your clown suit anyway fella.
Dickiebird= Tosser!
windsoravenuedemon

Grassroots Team: Wayback

Postby HS » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:31 pm

dickiebird dickiebird dickiebird. are you sure your not featherduster reborn?? you sound awfully like him. it was about june he was engraving the P.L.F.L premiership cup and now your doing it with the cricket. whats the go with you cocks. shoot your beeks off a little 2 easily i think. i know **** all about cricket but i'll enjoy watching souths play tasmans next time.your words will have stirred WT up, and they will thrive on it.
TAS = CHOKING
HS
Under 16s

Postby HS » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:33 pm

WAD you beat me 2 it. i wanted to copy the = thing.
HS
Under 16s

Postby dickiebird » Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:52 am

Stick to my comments about these slow boring players. They bat all day and cant even get a ton, I mean whats the point? Fair enough maybe on turf you could excuse 80 odd runs batting all inings but to be on a hard wicket and not get a ton is criminal. He would be thew first to go given better depth.
These guys do this once a year make 70 or 80 and live on it all year.
Then again WAD he was only playing the team that hadnt won a game and had the worst bowling attack in the comp.
If you cant take it that Tasmans are going to win the Cup.... then dont watch!!!!
HS - The only thing WT thrives on is picking up underage chicks. Choking = you in the shower this morning.
dickiebird
Under 16s

Postby westcoastpanther » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:27 am

SES are putting on a show Saturday night at the Sandy. The Overheads will be playing and we invite all to come down and have a big one with the purple heads. Both our sides play in Lincoln this week for the first time ever so we can have a social event as a whole club, rather than one team on it at Wangary and the other down the Dockie!!

Marble Range have signed Chris Brooks.
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy