HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Division 2 (Country)

Postby Elmer J Thudpucker » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:34 am

Cougar wrote:
Grumpy Old B wrote:
19thman wrote:Anyone know when the tribunal sits?

Tribunal sits Wednesday's in most cases BUT I hear that Birdwood failed to comply with HFL's bylaws again on club report"s. Surely when you get it wrong once you learn from your mistakes. He may be playing this week. Let's hope common sense prevails and Birdwood learns the rules of the HFL. What's your thoughts WOMan you had a great virgin article to then go into hibernation.

I have heard this about the Birdwood Footy Club as well. Surely when you get it wrong the first time, you learn from your mistake?

IF they haven't lodged the report in on time, then yes this bloke will be free to play again.

What about the Macclesfield FC in all of this - what has their response been ?

Have they investigated the allegations and imposed any club sanctions on the individual ?
Elmer J Thudpucker
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby The Cloak » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:58 pm

Good question Elmer ... But as they may not have progressed on from 1980, do they have computers down that way to read this stuff ?

Seriously, Anything less than telling the bloke his services are no longer required may represent poorly on the Macclesfield Football Club and their views on violence in sport and the community.
The Cloak
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Coober Pedy

Postby Minion Master » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:30 pm

watched a few games this year and the umpiring standard I saw was poor, so even if incident happened near them I doubt if they would do much, would equate the umpires to div 7 / 6 standard in saafl
Minion Master
Rookie

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby The Gimp » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:57 pm

Grumpy Old B wrote:
19thman wrote:Anyone know when the tribunal sits?

Tribunal sits Wednesday's in most cases BUT I hear that Birdwood failed to comply with HFL's bylaws again on club report"s. Surely when you get it wrong once you learn from your mistakes. He may be playing this week. Let's hope common sense prevails and Birdwood learns the rules of the HFL. What's your thoughts WOMan you had a great virgin article to then go into hibernation.

Tribunal hearing for this is next Wed 29th Jun.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby statkeeper » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:00 am

Even if the guy gets rubbed out. He probably wouldn't care either way, he's obviously not a footballer that takes the game seriously. He's clearly just a Thug and is happy he got to hurt someone.
This is a police matter for mine.
It's pure assault. What's different if it's on an oval or not. He should not get away with a suspension.
statkeeper
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Gimp » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:00 am

statkeeper wrote:Even if the guy gets rubbed out. He probably wouldn't care either way, he's obviously not a footballer that takes the game seriously. He's clearly just a Thug and is happy he got to hurt someone.
This is a police matter for mine.
It's pure assault. What's different if it's on an oval or not. He should not get away with a suspension.

I believe the police are involved.
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby GWW » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:50 pm

Macclesfield def Kangarilla by 12 points.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby DeanshielsSA » Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:54 pm

Long term attendee of Southern Football league here, I have watched this Michael Mazey (whos is being accused of striking above) play numerous games of footy for The Happy Valley Football Club and he is of an elite standard. It Fathoms me as to why he is now playing B grade for Macclesfield Football Club as he was an A grade starter week in week out. I believe there is more to the story than what is being detailed above. Can somebody please post the outcome of this situation as i am highly interested! Thanks
DeanshielsSA
Mini-League

Postby Grumpy Old B » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:31 am

No more to the storey that I know. Hit a quiet Birdwood player behind play who had 15 stitches to his face. Gets 9 weeks from the tribunal. Lucky man I would say.
Grumpy Old B

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Rooster » Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:30 am

Grumpy Old B wrote:No more to the storey that I know. Hit a quiet Birdwood player behind play who had 15 stitches to his face. Gets 9 weeks from the tribunal. Lucky man I would say.

9 weeks not playing footy is the least of this guys problems... assault is assault whether you're on the footy field or not, idiots like this need to feel some repercussion and from what I'm hearing this guy will.
Rooster
Under 16s

Postby 19thman » Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:07 pm

I've heard another Maccy B grader has got 9 weeks for king hitting another bloke. Is this correct?
shocking if true...
19thman

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Kick'n Back » Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:21 am

19thman wrote:I've heard another Maccy B grader has got 9 weeks for king hitting another bloke. Is this correct?
shocking if true...

if true what a disgrace. Maccy are still happy to put a club report in against the bloke who retaliated and belted him back.
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby Toto » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:06 am

bumped in to one of the Senior players for Nairne yesterday, said that They're still waiting for their best player to come back from an injury he got in the first game of the year. Like getting a mid season gun recruit really! If he's talking about the fella that wore number 2 last season, then that's a very handy in to a side that's already travelling well. I remember talking about him last year with Cossi on here, the couple games I saw at Nairne he took the absolute piss! Very good footballer, even though he didn't really look like he would be.

Interesting about Maccy B grade as well, seem to be stacking their reserves side with A grade players. Not sure who is deciding that, the players themselves or the club. What ever the reason, isn't good for the club at all. Might win a Reserves premiership but it will tear the club apart.
Toto
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby wonder_kid » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:07 pm

I dont know about everyone else but this being my 1st year in the hills league i just believe the draw is just so lopsided it aint funny. Now im not blaming any clubs so dont get defensive. The example is

Kangy play nairne , bridgey and birdwood 3 times with gums
Yet

Birdwood play the 4 bottom sides 3 times!

Surely the logical way to fix this is to just have 5th - 8th this year play each other 3 times and the top 4 teams to do so as well.

Surely this will make the teams thay have struggled the last few years get a few more wins to help them in the future recruit better players to become alot more competitive!

Just my opinion anyone else feel the same way?
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:43 pm

wonder_kid wrote:I dont know about everyone else but this being my 1st year in the hills league i just believe the draw is just so lopsided it aint funny. Now im not blaming any clubs so dont get defensive. The example is

Kangy play nairne , bridgey and birdwood 3 times with gums
Yet

Birdwood play the 4 bottom sides 3 times!

Surely the logical way to fix this is to just have 5th - 8th this year play each other 3 times and the top 4 teams to do so as well.

Surely this will make the teams thay have struggled the last few years get a few more wins to help them in the future recruit better players to become alot more competitive!

Just my opinion anyone else feel the same way?

North Eastern FL does it in the way you suggest it should happen, it works.
Probably just an oversight this year being the 1st year of an 8 team comp
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2430 times
Been liked: 1669 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:12 pm

Hope so...
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby B&F » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Looks like the top 5 are set now....
Nairne 26 (with a potential best finish on 34 but worst case will lose 2 50/50 games against Kersbrook & Bridgewater and finish on 30 points)
Expected to Finish 1st Postion (worst case 2nd Position).
Bridgewater 24 (with a potential best finish on 32 and if they loose their two 50/50 games against Nairne & Kersbrook then they will finish on 28 points.)
Expected to Finish 2nd Position (Best chance 1st if they win their 2 50/50 games).
Kersbrook 20 (looks to be set where they are due to percentage gaps it seems they will ultimately finish 3rd even if they do win or drop both 50/50 games). Best finish 28 points worst finish 24 points.
Expected to Finish 3rd Position.
Birdwood 18 looks to have the easiest run home of the lot so should rest and be ready for finals come the time. (only test may be against Meadows this week. best finish 26 points worst if they drop this week 24)
Expected to Finish 4th Position . would be unlikley they stole 3rd spot given the % difference Kersbrook would have to drop both 50/50 games by a fair bit, but then again will get a % boost against Gumeracha.
Meadows 12 - Have wrapped up 5th spot. as Maccy would need to knock off Birdwood & Bridgewater to claim 5th spot.

So at this stage depending on the 50/50 results the first week of finals will be
Qualifying Final
Bridgewater Vs Kersbrook

Elimination Final
Birdwood Vs Meadows.

How are all the oval's looking this time of year with only 4 rounds to go would be interesting to see what ground are in line for finals this year.
B&F

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Kick'n Back » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:47 am

After the weekend results it looks as though nairne are the team to beat this year. But will they be 2 to 3 goals worse off come finals time once the big fella behind the goals is not there
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby wonder_kid » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:38 pm

They don't lose at home either ... the neutral grounds will make for interesting games
wonder_kid
Under 18s

Postby Corona Man » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:33 pm

Kick'n Back wrote:After the weekend results it looks as though nairne are the team to beat this year. But will they be 2 to 3 goals worse off come finals time once the big fella behind the goals is not there

Every chance the guy is well known around the place
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1283 times
Been liked: 3497 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy