Steve Brooks

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Steve Brooks

Postby The Big Shrek » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:18 am

Bag & Sledge wrote:
Hafey wrote:That would be a signing of biblical proportions if correct.

Wouldnt be anyone in the BL&G capable of shutting down a guy that big and mobile , almost Buddy Franklin like.

Congratulations to Pim Verbeek and the soceroos last night , 4-0 was a fantastic result.

Hafey, Steve Brooks if i remember right last played with the Donnybrooks back in 2000 or 2001? He is not buddy Franklin like!!!
Brooks has got a good mark but struggles to kick 50 metres with the breeze!
If you think Brooks is Buddy Franklin like then i would like to see what you would think about Alex Kennedy, Ben Britton or Malcolm Greenwood all guys who you presented medals too on grand final day???

Fair go Bag & Sledge! Hafey can only remember 2001 and before. It was the last time he was sober
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 368 times

Postby Stirlo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:52 am

Bag & Sledge wrote:
Hafey, Steve Brooks if i remember right last played with the Donnybrooks back in 2000 or 2001? He is not buddy Franklin like!!!
If you think Brooks is Buddy Franklin like then i would like to see what you would think about Alex Kennedy, Ben Britton or Malcolm Greenwood all guys who you presented medals too on grand final day???

A one eyed view again from B&S, Steve Brooks barring injury would strangle this competition and if he played in a side like Tanunda would take 20 marks a game.. Proof of his ability was leading his side to victory in the grand final in Alice Springs, not bad for a 25 year old playing coach who kick regular bags of 10+
Stirlo

Postby Liquid Confidence » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:59 am

Was he the only player wearing boots in the Alice comp?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Liquid Confidence
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Bag & Sledge » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:02 am

Stirlo wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:

A one eyed view again from B&S, Steve Brooks barring injury would strangle this competition and if he played in a side like Tanunda would take 20 marks a game.. Proof of his ability was leading his side to victory in the grand final in Alice Springs, not bad for a 25 year old playing coach who kick regular bags of 10+

He turns 27 in December Stirlo, fact is he wont be in a side like Tanunda. We dont need him!
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Hafey » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:43 pm

Bag & Sledge wrote:

Wouldnt be anyone in the BL&G capable of shutting down a guy that big and mobile , almost Buddy Franklin like.

Congratulations to Pim Verbeek and the soceroos last night , 4-0 was a fantastic result.

Who ?

The Boxheads would trade those 3 for Brooks signature anyday.

Guys 6ft 6 who take pack marks and kick bags of goals weekly are worth there weight in gold in country comps. Playing league football during CD's most powerfull era and capatain / coaching his team to a premiership with bags of 10+ goals makes a very good resume. I would say Buddy like .

What have the other guys done lately B&S ?
What i dont know about football isnt worth knowing .
Hafey
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Bob Loblaw » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:46 pm

Hafey wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:

Who ?

Guys 6ft 6 who take pack marks and kick bags of goals weekly are worth there weight in gold in country comps. Playing league football during CD's most powerfull era and capatain / coaching his team to a premiership with bags of 10+ goals makes a very good resume. I would say Buddy like .

Kennedy kicked 100 goals this year didnt he??
Bob Loblaw
Under 18s

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Bag & Sledge » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:36 am

Hafey wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:

Who ?

Brooks struggled to get a league game when Macgowan took over at Sturt. Why would Central District let him go if he was so good?

Britton played in CD's most powerful era 2007!
Kennedy 100 goals in 15 games
Greenwood BOG 2008 Grand Final and also Mail Medal -

It must really hurt you Popeye to be giving out premiership medallions to players as they are not wearing your beloved red and blue!
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Liquid Confidence » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:25 am

Hafey wrote:
Bag & Sledge wrote:

Who ?

For a guy pumping his own tyres about how good he is at developing the league, you sure dont know much!!!!

Kennedy - 100+ goals this year, 6 in the GF, team of the year etc
Greenwood - Mail medalist 2 yrs ago, equal third this year after a slow start duer to injury, kicked 5 from the guts on GF day etc
Britton - CD player during their successful era, key player in undefeated team this year, excellent first year back in the BLG.

But thats right, they dont play for the Donnybrooks, who finished where? And lost their best player to G'sX because he couldnt stand your club!!! Wake up !!
Liquid Confidence
Under 16s

Postby Stirlo » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:49 am

Liquid Confidence wrote:Kennedy - 100+ goals this year, 6 in the GF, team of the year etc
Greenwood - Mail medalist 2 yrs ago, equal third this year after a slow start duer to injury, kicked 5 from the guts on GF day etc
Britton - CD player during their successful era, key player in undefeated team this year, excellent first year back in the BLG.

But thats right, they dont play for the Donnybrooks, who finished where? And lost their best player to G'sX because he couldnt stand your club!!! Wake up !!

Yes it is amazing what a club can buy in a season for $30K plus bonuses, thats more than the GC total players budget on 3 guys.
Stirlo

Postby Liquid Confidence » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:23 am

I dont think their payments where in question, just their achievements...

The whole GC's thing has got a bit boring now, has been going on for way too long!

Anyone got input into Kapunda...
If P Vivian doesnt take the helm, what are they going to fall back on...
Could they fall nback into a player coach, and go with someone like Sam Ryan??
Liquid Confidence
Under 16s

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy