The Day Micky ran of the bench!!!

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

The Day Micky ran of the bench!!!

Postby Micky Conlan » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:49 pm

In my junior days i was known as a wee bit of a hot head.It was a SANFL u17's 1993 game out at elizabeth,round about 10.30 sat morning.Being so far away we as players often car pooled,this particular day it was my turn to drive few of the boys.So there we were in the old XB heading out to doggy land,1 of the lads i was taken was a big bad red headed ruckman(angry man when turned on).
As play started time was ticking over and over......still no touch for Micky.Second quarter started Micky breaks clear for one of his famous runs then bang HOLDING THE BALL!!!!! Micky gets dragged the coach tells him he's a selfish non team player and you can sit here for rest of the day.
Well Micky was just about in tears, fuming so much he kicked a few bottles punch the wall swore out loud etc...Then with in a slit second a scuffle broke out in front of the coaches box (and Micky),well before the coaches, water boys ,cheer leaders could stop him Micky ran on to the field leapt into the pack double fists first and felt great contact.The rest was abit of a blur until the pack settled and micky notice the only player left on the ground was our Big Bad Redheaded angrey ruckman.Well the umpires reported micky,he had 1 less player in the car on the way home,went to the tribunal for striking a team mate pleaded insane got off with a club suspension.
Poor ruckman mate still has a scare above his eye which he regurlarly brings up over a beer and Micky still drives him to the footy each week.
"lifes a game of inches, inch by inch, play by play"
Micky Conlan
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: The Day Micky ran of the bench!!!

Postby Grape Ape » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:04 pm

I love you Micky. :prayer:
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Grape Ape » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:05 pm

Is, by any chance, the big red ruckman making a comeback this year?
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby devilsadvocate » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:23 pm

Serious?

That's hilarious! If only it was caught on film. Would have won some dosh on almost footy legends for sure. Nice work!
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Postby BJ Ernest » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:37 pm

Micky ur my hero.

Now get to the back pocket and man up!
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby jingles » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:33 pm

Vintage stuff ol' mate =D>

U/17's back in 1993.... surely not still playin' Mickey, do ya still get fired up watching?

Heard a whisper that the Big Bad Redhead you speak of, is having an opp. and is suiting up in '08!
jingles

Postby Dogwatcher » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:08 am

Hmmmm I was playing 17s around that time...
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby sasquatch » Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:13 am

Micky Conlan wrote:In my junior days i was known as a wee bit of a hot head.It was a SANFL u17's 1993 game out at elizabeth,round about 10.30 sat morning.Being so far away we as players often car pooled,this particular day it was my turn to drive few of the boys.So there we were in the old XB heading out to doggy land,1 of the lads i was taken was a big bad red headed ruckman(angry man when turned on).
As play started time was ticking over and over......still no touch for Micky.Second quarter started Micky breaks clear for one of his famous runs then bang HOLDING THE BALL!!!!! Micky gets dragged the coach tells him he's a selfish non team player and you can sit here for rest of the day.
Well Micky was just about in tears, fuming so much he kicked a few bottles punch the wall swore out loud etc...Then with in a slit second a scuffle broke out in front of the coaches box (and Micky),well before the coaches, water boys ,cheer leaders could stop him Micky ran on to the field leapt into the pack double fists first and felt great contact.The rest was abit of a blur until the pack settled and micky notice the only player left on the ground was our Big Bad Redheaded angrey ruckman.Well the umpires reported micky,he had 1 less player in the car on the way home,went to the tribunal for striking a team mate pleaded insane got off with a club suspension.
Poor ruckman mate still has a scare above his eye which he regurlarly brings up over a beer and Micky still drives him to the footy each week.

Absolute gold. I would've been 6 or 7...
But still gold. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SAS's goal tally- 0
WCP's goal tally- 0
sasquatch
Under 18s

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy