Will the State Government lower their own carbon footprint?

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Will the State Government lower their own carbon footprint?

Postby Sojourner » Fri May 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Plenty in the news lately about the carbon tax and what businesses are going to pay to offset their carbon output.

Got me to thinking, despite the Privatisation of the Buses and them being run by companies like Southlink and Torrens Transit and so on, the actual buses are still the property and might I suggest the responsibility of the State Government.

Volvo have a new Hybrid Bus, runs on electric power at low speeds, does not sit idling out exhaust fumes when stopped in the city. The bus is hybrid diesel and runs on Bio-Diesel of which we have plenty of in Australia. Makes over 50% less emissions than a standard Trans Adelaide Bus.

The thing is I cant sight a media release from the State Government to tell us how many we are getting here in SA as we run through the replacement and expansion programme of the buses that we have here currently????

Surely if this is ALP policy for all companies and people in SA then it also applies to the State Government as well? Surely they would not ask us to pay for and do something that they themselves would not do?

http://www.volvobuses.com/bus/global/en ... n_new.aspx
Steamranger, South Australia's best ever Tourist Attraction, Treat Yourself, Let your Money Buy you Happiness!!!
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Re: Will the State Government lower their own carbon footprint?

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri May 20, 2011 8:50 pm

Oh, when I opened this thread, I thought you were going to suggest they stop expanding so much hot air in parliament.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Board index   General Talk  Politics