Andrew Bolt - is he a credible journalist?

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Does Andrew Bolt have credibility as a journalist?

1. yes
32%
2. no
52%
3. unsure
7%
4. don't care
9%

Total votes : 106

Re: Andrew Bolt - is he a credible journalist?

Postby Gozu » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:48 pm

"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Q. » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Gozu » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:29 pm

RACIST comments published on US book retailer website Amazon about an Aboriginal author have reignited debate surrounding News Ltd columnist Andrew Bolt's writings on indigenous people and drawn fire from Aboriginal groups.

Bolt, who was found guilty last year of offences under the Racial Discrimination Act, wrote a blog this week titled ''Are we censored enough for you?'' in response to Anita Heiss' book, Am I Black Enough for You?

Heiss was one of nine Aboriginal people who took Bolt and his publisher to court over articles that implied light-skinned indigenous people chose to be black for personal gain.

In a post on the Herald Sun website on Tuesday, Bolt included a link to US-based Amazon.com on which almost 80 ''reviews'' of Heiss' book had been published by last night, some openly racist. Some attacked Heiss personally and referred to a perceived lack of freedom of speech in Australia that prevented the writers from expressing their views here.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/boo ... 1wsa1.html

What slime Andrew Bolt is.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:36 am

"Andrew Bolt does not support “Amazon bombing” critics’ books, and he wishes his readers would stop following the link he gave them"

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/purepoison/2 ... gave-them/
Gozu
Coach

Postby Leaping Lindner » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:52 am

Gozu wrote:RACIST comments published on US book retailer website Amazon about an Aboriginal author have reignited debate surrounding News Ltd columnist Andrew Bolt's writings on indigenous people and drawn fire from Aboriginal groups.

Bolt, who was found guilty last year of offences under the Racial Discrimination Act, wrote a blog this week titled ''Are we censored enough for you?'' in response to Anita Heiss' book, Am I Black Enough for You?

Heiss was one of nine Aboriginal people who took Bolt and his publisher to court over articles that implied light-skinned indigenous people chose to be black for personal gain.

In a post on the Herald Sun website on Tuesday, Bolt included a link to US-based Amazon.com on which almost 80 ''reviews'' of Heiss' book had been published by last night, some openly racist. Some attacked Heiss personally and referred to a perceived lack of freedom of speech in Australia that prevented the writers from expressing their views here.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/boo ... 1wsa1.html

What slime Andrew Bolt is.

My wife is good friends with Anita and went to the court case when it was on to support her. Apparently Anita was "black enough" for Blot's lawyer as he didn't put her on the stand.
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby dedja » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:47 am

I wouldn't be too harsh on Bolt considering he suffers from ARDS ... Acute Relevancy Deficiency Syndrome.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby story of my life » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:48 am

Gozu wrote:"Andrew Bolt does not support “Amazon bombing” critics’ books, and he wishes his readers would stop following the link he gave them"

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/purepoison/2 ... gave-them/

To paraphrase Frenzel Rhomb he a Fkd up Fking Fwit.....
story of my life
Under 18s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby dedja » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:48 am

LOL, Tony Abbott now in a speech at the Institute of Public Affairs defending Andrew Bolt's right to free speech.

I agree Tony, as long as he abides with the Laws of the Land in doing so ... :lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 996 times

Postby Q. » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:05 pm

No mention of the Fink Report? :lol:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Gozu » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:07 pm

Bolt trying to distance himself from the far-right 'Galileo Movement':

http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andr ... ddle_this/
Gozu
Coach

Postby Psyber » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:16 pm

Gozu wrote:Bolt trying to distance himself from the far-right 'Galileo Movement':

TRYING.. ?
Looked like a pretty clear statement of rejection to me.
However, I don't read his stuff so I don't know whether he has published anything that suggested he supported this group in the past that would justify calling it "distancing" now.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby scoob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:52 pm

Psyber wrote:
Gozu wrote:Bolt trying to distance himself from the far-right 'Galileo Movement':

TRYING.. ?
Looked like a pretty clear statement of rejection to me.
However, I don't read his stuff so I don't know whether he has published anything that suggested he supported this group in the past that would justify calling it "distancing" now.

It seems the only people who read him are the people who despise him... he would be laugh all the way to the bank
scoob
Veteran

Been liked: 87 times

Postby Gozu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Psyber, supposedly Bolt's name has been used in support of the 'Galileo Movement' before.

Scoob, I haven't read anything from Bolt at all this year (until this blog post) and only because someone else posted it on another forum. I only bothered to have a look because I've heard some of their conspiracy theories before which are unintentionally hilarious.
Gozu
Coach

Postby scoob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Gozu wrote:Psyber, supposedly Bolt's name has been used in support of the 'Galileo Movement' before.

Scoob, I haven't read anything from Bolt at all this year (until this blog post) and only because someone else posted it on another forum. I only bothered to have a look because I've heard some of their conspiracy theories before which are unintentionally hilarious.

Sorry there must be multiple Gozu's posting on here
scoob
Veteran

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:21 pm

Different voices in the brain
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Gozu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:56 pm

scoob wrote:Sorry there must be multiple Gozu's posting on here

Nah just the one.

You made the mistake of assuming I read Bolt's blog or newspaper articles just because I used to put up posts from Pure Poison.
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Different voices in the brain

What's that Psyber? :lol:
Gozu
Coach

Postby scoob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:22 pm

Gozu wrote:
scoob wrote:Sorry there must be multiple Gozu's posting on here

Nah just the one.

You made the mistake of assuming I read Bolt's blog or newspaper articles just because I used to put up posts from Pure Poison.

Over 100 posts bagging the bloke and you don't even read him, imagine if you actually read what he wrote!!! :shock:
scoob
Veteran

Postby Gozu » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Can you actually read?
Gozu
Coach

Postby scoob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Gozu wrote:Can you actually read?

Yes. :lol:

I find it amusing you don't read his articles, and purely base your opinion on him from someone elses opinion posted on another website... but thats cool
scoob
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics