Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Q. » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:05 pm

Ronnie wrote:
Q. wrote:I suppose he failed to mention racial profiling from the Vic police force.

I could have predicted that the nasty Vic Police would be dragged into this. You've got it all wrapped up nicely now Q. A biased Police force, media stokers, political rivalries, a few Sudanese kids scrawling tags now and again. Nothing more to see it's all been explained away.

I was referring to this report and the landmark racial profiling case against Victoria police.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Trader » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:39 pm

Q. wrote:
Ronnie wrote:
Q. wrote:
Ronnie wrote:Turnbull is being disingenuous. Can you imagine Turnbull and Julian Burnside amongst a few wealthy progressives ever taking up residence in these hell holes that some Sudanese migrants are working overtime on in creating in some pockets of Melbourne? Not now not in a fit the fairies would fall from the sky before that happens. He would also know that the Victorian Andrews government has little say over who resides in Melbourne as a result of Federal level immigration policies.

Turnbull anything but progressive. Not suggesting he literally has to live on a mattress in an migrant's bedroom to be able to take cursory glance at the statistics.

The data shows people born in Sudan are a tiny minority in Victorian crime statistics - between January 2014 and December 2016, people born in Sudan were responsible for 666 of the 42,502 offences in Victoria.

The Age newspaper reported that Sudanese are "vastly overrepresented" in 2015 crime data, although it should be stressed that this appears to be for certain categories of offending only, such as aggravated burglary. Presumably those born in Australia to Sudanese parents would be missing from this group as well.

Yes, in riot and affray offences they represent 6%, although you could trace the increase there back to the Sudanese community having a younger average age.

Granted I could only find data from 2011, but that showed 6,085 Victorians were Sudanese, out of a population of 4.6m, or 0.13%
For them to have 666 of 42,502 offences, or 1.57%, suggests they are overrepresented by a factor of 12 in overall offences. And assuming the 6% in riot and affray offences is correct, then its a factor of 46!!!!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Ronnie » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:44 pm

Q. wrote:
Ronnie wrote:
Q. wrote:I suppose he failed to mention racial profiling from the Vic police force.

I could have predicted that the nasty Vic Police would be dragged into this. You've got it all wrapped up nicely now Q. A biased Police force, media stokers, political rivalries, a few Sudanese kids scrawling tags now and again. Nothing more to see it's all been explained away.

I was referring to this report and the landmark racial profiling case against Victoria police.

I think that report will set me straight If i had the patience to read the whole dirge. I love the quote in particular about committing "economic leveling through burglaries". Next time someone breaks into my house I might politely ask them if they are into economic leveling. I might not even bother to report the matter to Police who are sure to have a "colonial mentality" still. Although as I am white perhaps the Police might not have a colonial mentality.
What is it? some sort of pseudo Marxist code language??
I reckon a first year sociology student at Flinders would struggle to come up with something better than that.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby Q. » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:16 pm

Ronnie wrote:
Q. wrote:
Ronnie wrote:

I think that report will set me straight If i had the patience to read the whole dirge. I love the quote in particular about committing "economic leveling through burglaries". Next time someone breaks into my house I might politely ask them if they are into economic leveling. I might not even bother to report the matter to Police who are sure to have a "colonial mentality" still. Although as I am white perhaps the Police might not have a colonial mentality.
I reckon a first year sociology student at Flinders would struggle to come up with something better than that.
So you don't deny the existence of statistical evidence of racial profiling out the existence of a court ruling against the Vic police? The police commissioner even admitted subconscious bias was an issue.
Q.
Coach

Postby DOC » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Q. wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Q. wrote:
Magellan wrote:Hardly surprising, but Peter Dutton’s doubled down on this topic by claiming that Victorians are scared to eat out at restaurants because of the fear of street gang violence.

He is a ******* potato. Nobody is scared to dine out because some African kids are scribbling tags in Dandenong.

And its also not a surprise that Mr Potato Head spat out this inflammatory nonsense during an interview with bogan talkback station extaordinaire 2UE which seems to resent any social policy not circa 1950s (I presume it was with right wing fluffer Ray Hadley, but not 100% certain).

I suppose he failed to mention racial profiling from the Vic police force.

Every Police Force and numerous other government organisations do this. Can be a negative but not always.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 743 times
Been liked: 2115 times

Postby cracka » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Q. wrote:
Ronnie wrote:

landmark racial profiling case against Victoria police.

That article was written in 2013 & referred to incidents from 5 years prior so at the time of that case it was a Labor governments in Victoria & federally.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Q. » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 pm

cracka wrote:
Q. wrote:
Ronnie wrote:

That article was written in 2013 & referred to incidents from 5 years prior so at the time of that case it was a Labor governments in Victoria & federally.
I know that
Q.
Coach

Postby morell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:35 pm

Trader wrote:
Q. wrote:
Ronnie wrote:
Q. wrote:Turnbull anything but progressive. Not suggesting he literally has to live on a mattress in an migrant's bedroom to be able to take cursory glance at the statistics.

The data shows people born in Sudan are a tiny minority in Victorian crime statistics - between January 2014 and December 2016, people born in Sudan were responsible for 666 of the 42,502 offences in Victoria.

The Age newspaper reported that Sudanese are "vastly overrepresented" in 2015 crime data, although it should be stressed that this appears to be for certain categories of offending only, such as aggravated burglary. Presumably those born in Australia to Sudanese parents would be missing from this group as well.

Yes, in riot and affray offences they represent 6%, although you could trace the increase there back to the Sudanese community having a younger average age.

Granted I could only find data from 2011, but that showed 6,085 Victorians were Sudanese, out of a population of 4.6m, or 0.13%
For them to have 666 of 42,502 offences, or 1.57%, suggests they are overrepresented by a factor of 12 in overall offences. And assuming the 6% in riot and affray offences is correct, then its a factor of 46!!!!
Needs to be benchmarked to age, SEIFA and immigration data to be relevant. Otherwise it's selective at best.

Would hazard a guess that they'd be no different to any other youth of an immigration wave.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:56 am

Interestingly, according to something I read yesterday, more New Zealanders commit crimes in Victoria than Sudanese.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Ronnie » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:13 am

[/quote]So you don't deny the existence of statistical evidence of racial profiling out the existence of a court ruling against the Vic police? The police commissioner even admitted subconscious bias was an issue.[/quote]

I believe the Police Commissioner said he didn't believe the force as a whole had an issue. I don't know of an organization on earth that can defend itself against subconscious bias allegations but if you do please let me know.
Ken Lay was trying to appease the permanently aggrieved. He would have received no thanks for his efforts.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby morell » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:44 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Interestingly, according to something I read yesterday, more New Zealanders commit crimes in Victoria than Sudanese.

Kiwi's are one of the biggest burdens on Australia in terms of illegal immigration.

But you know, they're white and come in a plane, so it's all good, cuzzy bro.
morell
Coach

Postby DOC » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:56 am

Mile High Club?
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 743 times
Been liked: 2115 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:24 pm

morell wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Interestingly, according to something I read yesterday, more New Zealanders commit crimes in Victoria than Sudanese.

Kiwi's are one of the biggest burdens on Australia in terms of illegal immigration.

Huh? I thought you were allowed here

Well, other than Dusty's dad but he's a crook
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1082 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby robranisgod » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:17 pm

cracka wrote:
Q. wrote:
Ronnie wrote:

Not quite a Labor Government in 2013 in Victoria. From 2010 until 2014 Victoria were ruled by Liberals, firstly under Ted Bailleau and then from early 2013 to late 2014 Dr. Denis Napthine.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 231 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:11 pm

cracka wrote:
Q. wrote:
Ronnie wrote:

robranisgod wrote:Not quite a Labor Government in 2013 in Victoria. From 2010 until 2014 Victoria were ruled by Liberals, firstly under Ted Bailleau and then from early 2013 to late 2014 Dr. Denis Napthine.

The incidents referred to occurred in 2008, the article was written in 2013
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby morell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:50 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
morell wrote:

I meant migrants that do illegal shit or consume services and cost the tax payer.

Illegal immigration was the wrong term to use.
morell
Coach

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:27 am

morell wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
morell wrote:

I meant migrants that do illegal shit or consume services and cost the tax payer.

I thought Nz'ers spent 6 months on a leaky boat to get here
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:03 am

morell wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
morell wrote:

So what's that got to do with: "But you know, they're white and come in a plane, so it's all good, cuzzy bro."

Failed attempted recovery bro
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1082 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Magellan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:15 am

Executive Member wrote:I thought Nz'ers spent 6 months on a leaky boat to get here

Not anymore, History Never Repeats. I Got You there. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Q. » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:33 pm

LNP caught lying again - this time about impact of abolishing negative gearing
Q.
Coach