Federal Election

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Federal Election

Postby LBT » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:21 am

Media Park wrote:And apologies to you blokes in Sturt...

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-na ... 11l9l.html

That story is from the 6th of August and things have changed a bit since then....there is still hope [-o<. But geesus, the Libs must be spending a fortune on the Prime time Pyne T.V ads
LBT
League - Best 21

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby dedja » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:22 am

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...

[-(
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Postby dedja » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:23 am

LBT wrote:

That story is from the 6th of August and things have changed a bit since then....there is still hope [-o<. But geesus, the Libs must be spending a fortune on the Prime time Pyne T.V ads

That's because the Poodle is pooing himself ...
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 224 times
Been liked: 1047 times

Postby Gozu » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:59 am

Prof John Quiggin's open letter on stimulus:

"Over Fifty Australian Economists Agree Fiscal Stimulus Prevented A Major Recession"

http://johnquiggin.com/index.php/archiv ... -stimulus/
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Dirk Tazelaar » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:53 am

Media Park wrote:From my facebook page, with my sentiments echoed by many:

Media Park wrote:Dear Mark Latham, Sorry, but I am going to exercise my God-given democratic right to vote on Saturday. Regards, Awesome.

God-given?

So he wrote the Bible and the Australian Constitution?
The revolution is just a t-shirt away
Dirk Tazelaar
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Media Park » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:39 am

LBT wrote:

LBT, I was watching the late news last night when they said he was likely to retain with an increased majority- that was just the first article I found...
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby fish » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:47 am

dedja wrote:Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ...

[-(

dedja you ought to run against him at the next election.
fish
Coach

Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:56 am

Media Park wrote:Dear Mark Latham, Sorry, but I am going to exercise my God-given democratic right to vote on Saturday. Regards, Awesome.

If I had a facebook page - which I don't, because I have too much pride in myself as an individually-thinking specimen of homo sapiens, but I digress - it would read:

To whom it may concern whether named Latham or otherwise, I am going to show resentment at the obligation forced upon me by the laws of this nation by dragging my fat @rse to the local polling booth, scowling as I force my way past the droids who insult my intelligence by shoving how-to-vote cards at me, and then drawing unrealistically large pictures of genitalia all over the ballot slips. Long live this great democratic nation!
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1565 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Media Park » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Dirk Tazelaar wrote:

God-given?

If He didn't write the Constitution as well, then dudes would be able to marry dudes... 8)
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:17 pm

Media Park wrote:
Dirk Tazelaar wrote:

God-given?

If He didn't write the Constitution as well, then dudes would be able to marry dudes... 8)

=D> :D
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Media Park » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:00 pm

And with this pearler, I hope someone will one day explain what it is that everyone dislikes about Christopher Pyne:
Attachments
christopherpynecy4.jpg
christopherpynecy4.jpg (46.91 KiB) Viewed 599 times
Direct quote:
Media Park
Coach

Postby Psyber » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:47 pm

Media Park wrote:And with this pearler, I hope someone will one day explain what it is that everyone dislikes about Christopher Pyne:
I wonder, too.
I do find his voice a little irritating on the media when I hear him, but the hostility about him seems to be out of proportion to that.
I'll form an opinion when I meet him, which I may do now he is linked up with Jamie Briggs, my local member, on the water issue.
[I've known the other one involved, Andrew Southcott, since about 1988, before he graduated in Medicine or went into politics.]
I wasn't that taken with Jamie on first meeting but he gets easier to relate to with time.

Oh, and I just found this: http://www.australiandoctor.com.au/arti ... 06bbd5.asp
This link may not work as it is a site that requires a log in.
Half the GP super clinics announced by Labor during the election campaign have been pledged to marginal electorates, an Australian Doctor analysis shows.
To date, Labor has announced the location of 22 extra super clinics to be built if the party is re-elected to government this Saturday.
Eleven super clinics will be located in marginal seats, five in safe Coalition seats, five in safe Labor seats, and one in a safe independent seat.
Over the weekend, Federal Health Minister Nicola Roxon announced plans to spend $7 million to build a super clinic in Coffs Harbour, NSW.
Coffs Harbour is located in the marginal seat of Cowper, which the National Party holds by a slender 1.2% margin over Labor.
Labor also promised to spend $5 million for a super clinic in Darwin, which is in the marginal seat of Solomon, won by Labor in the 2007 election by only 196 votes.
And today, super clinics were promised for “inner Adelaide” (safe Labor) and Broken Hill, in remote NSW (safe Liberal).
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Media Park wrote:And with this pearler, I hope someone will one day explain what it is that everyone dislikes about Christopher Pyne:

I dislike him primarily for his column in the Sunday Mail. I haven't read the paper in a while - it was starting to make me really annoyed every time I opened it - so I don't know if he still writes it, but I'll give you an example of the sort of tripe he used to come out with. Once, he apparently spent the whole of Question Time timing Labor's responses to questions posed by Liberal party members. Whatever the outcome of that was - I believe it showed that Labor spent only half the time answering Liberal questions as opposed to questions from their own party - Christopher Pyne seemed to think it was a serious problem for Australia, because clearly short answers to questions = sneaky lying bastards wanting to run the country into the ground, and on that note he spent the second half of his column brown-nosing Malcolm Turnbull.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Squawk » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:04 pm

People dislike Pyne for similar reasons to Downer I suspect. tight short curly hair and they both speak a little "plum" like.

People likewise complain about Gillard in similar terms (maybe not the plum voice but the tone, and the red hair). But so far, Chloe Fox who has similar characteristics with a plummy voice and red hair, seems to have escaped much negative attention for those characteristics.

I'd rate Pyne a long way ahead of Wilson Tuckey though, and most of the Labor Party a long way ahead of Mark Latham.
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times

Postby fish » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:18 pm

Squawk wrote:People dislike Pyne for similar reasons to Downer I suspect. tight short curly hair and they both speak a little "plum" like.

People likewise complain about Gillard in similar terms (maybe not the plum voice but the tone, and the red hair). But so far, Chloe Fox who has similar characteristics with a plummy voice and red hair, seems to have escaped much negative attention for those characteristics.

I'd rate Pyne a long way ahead of Wilson Tuckey though, and most of the Labor Party a long way ahead of Mark Latham.

Careful there Squawk your'e talking about the woman I love. :heart: =p~ ;;) :ymdaydream:
fish
Coach

Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby fisho mcspaz » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:31 pm

Squawk wrote:People dislike Pyne for similar reasons to Downer I suspect. tight short curly hair and they both speak a little "plum" like.

Agreed.

I wouldn't mind seeing Iron Bar go head-to-head with Latham - hopefully they could punch each other out.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Postby Leaping Lindner » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:42 pm

Psyber wrote:Oh, and I just found this: http://www.australiandoctor.com.au/arti ... 06bbd5.asp
This link may not work as it is a site that requires a log in.
Half the GP super clinics announced by Labor during the election campaign have been pledged to marginal electorates, an Australian Doctor analysis shows.
To date, Labor has announced the location of 22 extra super clinics to be built if the party is re-elected to government this Saturday.
Eleven super clinics will be located in marginal seats, five in safe Coalition seats, five in safe Labor seats, and one in a safe independent seat.
Over the weekend, Federal Health Minister Nicola Roxon announced plans to spend $7 million to build a super clinic in Coffs Harbour, NSW.
Coffs Harbour is located in the marginal seat of Cowper, which the National Party holds by a slender 1.2% margin over Labor.
Labor also promised to spend $5 million for a super clinic in Darwin, which is in the marginal seat of Solomon, won by Labor in the 2007 election by only 196 votes.
And today, super clinics were promised for “inner Adelaide” (safe Labor) and Broken Hill, in remote NSW (safe Liberal).

That actually seems fair and equatable to me. What's the issue???
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Leaping Lindner » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:44 pm

I'd rate dried up dog feces a long way ahead of Tuckey. A disgusting and vile excuse for a human being.
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby redden whites » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:58 pm

Psyber wrote:I wasn't that taken with Jamie on first meeting but he gets easier to relate to with time.

He must have matured......The year he played with us at Flinders Uni Cricket Club he disgraced himself.I have never met a bigger Tool in my life.Ended the year in C-grade after starting the year in A-grade on week 1.Once dropped to the lower grades he refused to score/umpire/ assist the team(A & B grade has proper umpires supplied by the association) in any way and actually sat on the "top oval" with the A-grade and asked for someone to yell over the balcony when he had to bat.
When you next catch up with Jamie please ask him what his F.U.C.C club mates think of him Pysber. I would be most interested to hear his opinion of himself and compare it to what we still think when we tell yarns about him at the club.
Last edited by redden whites on Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redden whites
League - Best 21

Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Squawk » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:01 pm

fish wrote: Chloe Fox - Careful there Squawk your'e talking about the woman I love.

Still Fish? :shock: That must be a whole six months now at least! ;) She's a single mum these days - Carpe Diem mate!

PS have you got an SA Footy alarm that goes off everytime "Chloe Fox" is written on here? :lol:
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics