The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:41 pm

Ms.Redmond has had a crack at Yar-Yarwood for having a crack* at her.....

*Allegedly
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10815 times

Postby dedja » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:45 pm

Izzy's completely lost the plot ... first she says the Electoral Commissioner is corrupt, and now she accuses Yarwood of swearing at her, conveniently under Privilege.

Was an embarrassment as leader so what is she still doing there?

Jay would be pissing himself.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:50 pm

Stoopid biatch took the focus off the Auditor Generals report which basically said the Govt have NFI what they're doing

Time to go............
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:59 pm

another by-election?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11912 times
Been liked: 3626 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:56 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:another by-election?

Why not? Get rid of all this dead wood.

Mind you, Labor should do the same
If they could only resort to the equally hated MHS to be acting treasurer (and mumbles to be treasurer for that matter) they are seriously in the shite as well. There were a lot of noses put out of joint because it showed a serious lack of depth and trust in the others.

Talking with people fairly high up in both parties, they are both finding it difficult to get quality candidates
Labor have a healthy line up of trade union hacks wanting a cushy job, but there isn't a lot of quality. They are quite happy to get the extra pay and play dirty.
They were lucky to get Stephen Mulligan who will be the next Labor leader (if Kouta doesn't get the chance to barbwire him first). It wont be long before Peter Malinauskas makes the move, and he's right in that fish n chip faction with his mate. There will be fireworks when Jay steps down as Kouta has his eyes firmly set on being the leader [-o<

The Libs cant get any good businessmen to stand because of the dirty tactics Labor resort to. It's a real "**** that for a lark" when there's no real financial incentive to destroy your life.

As the wife of a politician said to me yesterday, you have to have a lot of narcissism to go into politics. She hates it.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:03 pm

The first Newspoll in SA since the election from late September (I was waiting for Jimmy to post it), Labor leading 51-49.

No signs of relief amid a tough year for South Australia’s Liberals, with Newspoll finding a slump in support for the party after its failure to take power at the March election.

The first state Newspoll result for South Australia suggests that the Liberal defeat and its aftermath has taken a heavy toll on its public support, which has benefited Labor only indirectly. The poll has the Liberal primary vote at 36%, compared with 44.8% that failed to win it a majority at the election. Labor’s 34% is also down on its 35.8% at the election, and the Greens are steady on 9%. It follows that a large share of the vote has drifted to “others”, which has all but doubled from 10.6% to 21% (and which may include a point or two for the Nationals). Labor’s lead of 51-49 compares with a 53.0-47.0 election result in favour of Liberal, keeping in mind that next year’s electoral redistribution is sure to be conducted with a view to reining back Labor. Jay Weatherill has widened his lead over Steven Marshall as preferred premier, up from 43-37 pre-election to 45-30.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollbludger/ ... australia/
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Marshall has been about as effective an opposition leader in SA as Shorten has been in the federal sphere.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby dedja » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:03 pm

Marshall is surely warming the seat for someone else, the problem is who?
dedja
Coach

Postby stan » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:09 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Marshall has been about as effective an opposition leader in SA as Shorten has been in the federal sphere.

Marshall is about effective as a empty toilet roll after a curry.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby am Bays » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:37 am

dedja wrote:Marshall is surely warming the seat for someone else, the problem is who?

Wingard.

Whilst green politically has the media background and can get a message across.

Has an engaging persona doesn't come across as aloof.

I didn't see Sibbons for seven years, I've seen Corey twice door knocking post election and he has held a public forum up in Sheidow park regarding transport issues IIRC post election as well.

*disclaimer* I need to admit I've known Corey for over 20 years through footy and Uni
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:39 am

From an observer's POV, I thought Marshall was going to take it up to Weatherill and, like many pundits, predicted he would be our new premier - energy v tired government.
In the month leading up to the election, the ALP ran a very sharp election campaign, really pushed the Libs and Marshall, running their campaign better across most seats. All of that culminated in a disastrous last couple of weeks, culminating in Marshall's infamous 'vote Labor' quote. They were never going to win from there.
Since then, it's all been downhill. Marshall has struggled to have any impact on the government and now appears to be just waiting for the tap on the shoulder. This leader has not been able to unite his party behind them.
In life imitating art - I expect, at some point, that tap will come and media-trained Corey Wingard will be the man, a la Party Tricks.

And Jim, I laughed at the fact that you have talked to some people who won't stand because of Labor's 'dirty tricks', both sides are as bad as each other. I'm sure you know it.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Psyber » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:33 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:

If they could only resort to the equally hated MHS to be acting treasurer (and mumbles to be treasurer for that matter) they are seriously in the shite as well. There were a lot of noses put out of joint because it showed a serious lack of depth and trust in the others.

Talking with people fairly high up in both parties, they are both finding it difficult to get quality candidates
Labor have a healthy line up of trade union hacks wanting a cushy job, but there isn't a lot of quality. They are quite happy to get the extra pay and play dirty.
They were lucky to get Stephen Mulligan who will be the next Labor leader (if Kouta doesn't get the chance to barbwire him first). It wont be long before Peter Malinauskas makes the move, and he's right in that fish n chip faction with his mate. There will be fireworks when Jay steps down as Kouta has his eyes firmly set on being the leader [-o<

The Libs cant get any good businessmen to stand because of the dirty tactics Labor resort to. It's a real "**** that for a lark" when there's no real financial incentive to destroy your life.

As the wife of a politician said to me yesterday, you have to have a lot of narcissism to go into politics. She hates it.

I went home to my wife in 1996 with the news I had just been assured by Alexander Downer that he would back me for a safe Liberal state seat.
She went right off and suggested she wouldn't stand in my way but wouldn't stick around for the role of MP's wife and hence public property.

Recently I got an email from the Liberal Party seeking nominations to become candidates and I looked at it for 45 seconds before deleting it.

My wife's winning comment in 1996 was, "You're too idealistic, you'll hate the compromises you have to make, and that will make you Hell to live with!"
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:17 pm

Gozu wrote:The first Newspoll in SA since the election from late September (I was waiting for Jimmy to post it), Labor leading 51-49.

No signs of relief amid a tough year for South Australia’s Liberals, with Newspoll finding a slump in support for the party after its failure to take power at the March election.

The first state Newspoll result for South Australia suggests that the Liberal defeat and its aftermath has taken a heavy toll on its public support, which has benefited Labor only indirectly. The poll has the Liberal primary vote at 36%, compared with 44.8% that failed to win it a majority at the election. Labor’s 34% is also down on its 35.8% at the election, and the Greens are steady on 9%. It follows that a large share of the vote has drifted to “others”, which has all but doubled from 10.6% to 21% (and which may include a point or two for the Nationals). Labor’s lead of 51-49 compares with a 53.0-47.0 election result in favour of Liberal, keeping in mind that next year’s electoral redistribution is sure to be conducted with a view to reining back Labor. Jay Weatherill has widened his lead over Steven Marshall as preferred premier, up from 43-37 pre-election to 45-30.

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollbludger/ ... australia/

I thought you didn't believe in polls?
The Newspoll was so out of whack it was laughable (Didn't they predict a landslide to Liberals last election?)
The Morgan poll was more realistic
As usual with Crikey, anything that suits their agenda
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:18 pm

am Bays wrote:
dedja wrote:Marshall is surely warming the seat for someone else, the problem is who?

Wingard.

Whilst green politically has the media background and can get a message across.

Has an engaging persona doesn't come across as aloof.

I didn't see Sibbons for seven years, I've seen Corey twice door knocking post election and he has held a public forum up in Sheidow park regarding transport issues IIRC post election as well.

*disclaimer* I need to admit I've known Corey for over 20 years through footy and Uni

You've been watching Party Tricks.....
Redmond & Rann?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby dedja » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:27 pm

Just looking through the list of current Liberal MPs, shit there's not much talent there.

Their new leader surely has to come from outside the party, of the existing mob, possibly the only one with any hope is Dan van Holst Pellekaan, possibly John Gardner, can't see Cory Wingard going all the way.

Lucas, Chapman, Ridgway, Pisoni, Griffiths, McFetridge, Willams, Redmond and Stephens should join Evans and give it away.
dedja
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:17 pm

Exactly what I was saying last night

Try this list:
Jay Weatherill
Annabel Digance
Chris Picton
Dana Wortley
Eddie Hughes
Frances Bedford
Gail Gago MLC
Hon Gerry Kandelaars MLC
Hon John Gazzola MLC
Hon Kyam Maher MLC
Hon Russell Wortley MLC
Ian Hunter MLC
Jack Snelling
Jennifer Rankine
John Rau
Jon Gee
Katrine Hildyard
Lee Odenwalder
Leesa Vlahos
Leon Bignell
Michael Atkinson
Paul Caica
Steph Key
Stephen Mullighan
Susan Close
Tom Kenyon
Tom Koutsantonis
Tony Piccolo
Tung Ngo
Zoe Bettison

Only Mullighan or maybe Kenyon could take over as Premier
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby gossipgirl » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:18 pm

dedja wrote:Just looking through the list of current Liberal MPs, shit there's not much talent there.

Their new leader surely has to come from outside the party, of the existing mob, possibly the only one with any hope is Dan van Holst Pellekaan, possibly John Gardner, can't see Cory Wingard going all the way.

Lucas, Chapman, Ridgway, Pisoni, Griffiths, McFetridge, Willams, Redmond and Stephens should join Evans and give it away.

perhaps there needs to be a mid season draft ?
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1434 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:18 pm

Psyber wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:

I went home to my wife in 1996 with the news I had just been assured by Alexander Downer that he would back me for a safe Liberal state seat.
She went right off and suggested she wouldn't stand in my way but wouldn't stick around for the role of MP's wife and hence public property.

Recently I got an email from the Liberal Party seeking nominations to become candidates and I looked at it for 45 seconds before deleting it.

My wife's winning comment in 1996 was, "You're too idealistic, you'll hate the compromises you have to make, and that will make you Hell to live with!"

Was she talking generally or if you went into politics?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:21 pm

gossipgirl wrote:
dedja wrote:Just looking through the list of current Liberal MPs, shit there's not much talent there.

perhaps there needs to be a mid season draft ?

I think that's the idea of a Super Saturday
Unfortunately, on both sides, their opinion of their own talent and worth is far removed from reality
And some are merely there for their own gain (not difficult to highlight which ones, but we might get in a spot of trouble)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:57 pm

Don't think you would, as long as it's clear it's your opinion.
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics