The South Australian Political Landscape

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The South Australian Political Landscape

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:21 pm

You've got a thing against people who lisp? Shame.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:36 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:You've got a thing against people who lisp? Shame.

I listened to the interview
He started off giggling at everything
It went downhill from there (I started giggling from there)

http://blogs.abc.net.au/files/891-breakfast-31.3.mp3

poor Kouta

They obviously haven't learnt from trying to pull the heart strings about Foley
Similar personalities - hand it out with gay abandon, but cant take it :((
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:20 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:You've got a thing against people who lisp? Shame.

I listened to the interview
He started off giggling at everything
It went downhill from there (I started giggling from there)

http://blogs.abc.net.au/files/891-breakfast-31.3.mp3

poor Kouta

They obviously haven't learnt from trying to pull the heart strings about Foley
Similar personalities - hand it out with gay abandon, but cant take it :((

Matt and Dave were correct in their questioning about the Nyrstar deal done with Geoff Brock.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:21 pm

Marshall announces Shadow Cabinet

State Liberal Leader Steven Marshall has today announced his Shadow Cabinet Team.
“The strong, united team that we took to the State Election will continue to work together to not only hold the Weatherill Labor Government to account, but to present the State Liberals as an alternative Government for South Australians,” said Mr Marshall.
“Vickie Chapman will retain the Transport, Infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development portfolios, and as Deputy Leader, will continue to play an important strategic and leadership role in the State Liberal Team.
“The Hon David Ridgway MLC will remain the Liberal Leader in the Legislative Council and will continue his important work in the Primary Industries portfolio, which includes Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries.
“The Hon Michelle Lensink MLC will remain Deputy Leader in the Legislative Council with responsibility for the Environment and Water portfolios.
The Hon Iain Evans MP will continue as Shadow Treasurer, while also having responsibility for the Industrial Relations and Finance portfolios.
“Martin Hamilton-Smith will be responsible for the important economic development portfolios related to growing the South Australian economy, such as Mining, Defence Industries and Small Business.
“The importance of coordinating these portfolios as we look to put our State back on track cannot be underestimated.
“Shadow Minister for Regional Development and Local Government Steven Griffiths will now also be responsible for Planning.
“The Hon Rob Lucas MLC remains responsible for the Health portfolio which includes Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Ageing.
“The Hon Stephen Wade MLC will continue to pursue reform in the Justice sector as the Shadow Attorney-General and will now also be responsible for Families and Child Protection, Youth and Arts.
“Dan van Holst Pellekaan will retain the Police and Corrections portfolios and also take on Emergency Services, Road Safety, Sport and Recreation and Racing.
“Shadow Education Minister David Pisoni will also continue to look after Training and Multicultural Affairs and will now also be responsible for Employment.
“Dr Duncan McFetridge will have responsibility for the Communities and Social Inclusion portfolio, which includes Disabilities, Social Housing and also Aboriginal Affairs and Reconciliation.
“Mitch Williams and Peter Treloar retain their respective shadow parliamentary secretary portfolios.
“Tim Whetstone will be the Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Transport and Infrastructure, Environment, Water and the River Murray and The Hon Jing Lee MLC will be the Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Multicultural Affairs, Small Business and Manufacturing.
“The Hon Terry Stephens MLC will be the Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Recreation, Sport and Racing and Aboriginal Affairs and Rachel Sanderson will be the Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Families and Child Protection, Youth and Volunteers.
“John Gardner will also become the Shadow Cabinet Secretary and Manager of Opposition Business. The Hon John Dawkins MLC will remain as the Opposition Whip in the Legislative Council and Spokesperson for Suicide Prevention.
“The State Liberal Team is committed to working together every single day for a fresh start for South Australians.”
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:“The State Liberal Team is committed to working together every single day for a fresh start for South Australians.”

A bit late for a Fresh start Stevo after you STUFFED UP THE ELECTION CAMPAIGN :oops:
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:55 pm

If anyone from the Liberal Party is out there and wants a little piece of advice from a little ol' rat girl with a large amount of red wine under her belt then listen up. Don't play negative politics over the next 3 or 4 years in opposition. Build a grand plan and give the voters a vision for greatness in South Australia. Give us ideals, magnificence and grandeur, a state to be envied by all others and which can present itself with eloquence and confidence on the world stage. Give us streamlined and effective government that grants equal importance to all of its portfolios rather than placing signifigance on the few whilst treating the remainder with tokenistic distain. Respect this great state, it's people, its character, its environment and its worth, not just through political jargon, but true respect that can only be achieved through intimate engagement to comprehensively understand her and the issues she and her subjects face. Live us, Breath us, know us and love us for we are South Australian and we are deserving of the best any government can deliver. Are you up to that task?
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby dedja » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:25 pm

It's quite simple really, get rid of anyone associated with the Hatfield and McCoys feud ... Evans, Chapman, etc

Also Lucas has to go, and tell Bernardi and Pyne to faark off.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:34 pm

After 10 hours of solid drinking last Friday, I said the same thing at the RH.
Needless to say, I either put up or shut up now
dedja to be my campaign manager and Roxy my political adviser
Cant lose (especially in Bragg)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:57 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:After 10 hours of solid drinking last Friday, I said the same thing at the RH.

I'm in.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:32 am

Now that would be fascinating.

Something needs to change with the Libs. Too many folk who've been there for too long. And of the new breed, too many 'good blokes' not enough grunt.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:35 am

I haven't seen him on tv since election night, but Corey Wingard was very impressive. He will play a leading role if the Libs are to ever take over the state and is a future leader. He won't fall into some of the traps that Marshall did.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby GWW » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:56 am

Would be interesting to see a former media person have a major role in a Liberal party parliamentary team - that sort of thing is more often seen in the ALP - Rann, Atkinson, Bignell.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:10 am

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:After 10 hours of solid drinking last Friday, I said the same thing at the RH.

I'm in.

I'll probably be doing all sorts of strange things within a year

Attachments
land-rights-for-gay-whales.jpg
land-rights-for-gay-whales.jpg (23.5 KiB) Viewed 1261 times
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:07 pm

As your political adviser I think this is a clever strategy. It seems you will be keeping everyone happy with these slogans but we will need to cut them down to 3 words each..
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Psyber » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:29 pm

While at dinner with some Adelaide lawyers and associated business people, recently, I picked up the information that Leighton Holdings are alleged to be heavily in debt and may not be around to finish the new RAH. I can't swear that the comment is absolutely correct, but the source is close to big contract processes in SA.

That will complicate things....
Last edited by Psyber on Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:32 pm

Psyber wrote:While at dinner with some Adelaide lawyers and associated business people, recently, I picked up the information that Leighton Holdings are heavily in debt and may not be around to finish the new RAH. I can't swear that the comment is absolutely correct, but the source is close to big contract processes in SA.

Thank Christ we have a new city stadium though :roll: (different contractor I know)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:33 pm

Psyber wrote:While at dinner with some Adelaide lawyers and associated business people, recently, I picked up the information that Leighton Holdings are heavily in debt and may not be around to finish the new RAH. I can't swear that the comment is absolutely correct, but the source is close to big contract processes in SA.

You may wish to add allegedly to several parts of this post.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Psyber » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:38 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Psyber wrote:While at dinner with some Adelaide lawyers and associated business people, recently, I picked up the information that Leighton Holdings are alleged to be heavily in debt and may not be around to finish the new RAH. I can't swear that the comment is absolutely correct, but the source is close to big contract processes in SA.

Hopefully that generalised amendment will cover me! ;)
(Although I did add the cautionary comment about not being able to verify the opinion expressed.)
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby heater31 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:43 pm

Well Leighton Holdings are owed $5.1 billion in payments to them.....

Leighton Holdings still chasing $5b in debts, backs Hochtief bid

Whilst not on that scale Candetti constructions faced a similar issue over the New Aquatic Centre when the State Government disputed their variation claims and refused to pay up.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:44 pm

Psyber wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Psyber wrote:While at dinner with some Adelaide lawyers and associated business people, recently, I picked up the information that Leighton Holdings are alleged to be heavily in debt and may not be around to finish the new RAH. I can't swear that the comment is absolutely correct, but the source is close to big contract processes in SA.

Hopefully that generalised amendment will cover me! ;)
(Although I did add the cautionary comment about not being able to verify the opinion expressed.)

Can't be too careful, Psyb ;)
Dogwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics