Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby stan » Thu May 19, 2016 10:35 am

Dogwatcher wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:As a user of the Gawler line - it ain't fine.

Whats wrong with it and how would you be better off with it being electrified taking into account electrification doesnt alter the timetable and would make the line reliant on one part that has no replacement in the world?

Read my previous post, I spelt out the benefits there.

I think Wedgies point is clear. He simply wants more services.

The benefits have been stated about the proposed upgrade but really you have someone here telling you that its all good for the upgrade but what he needs is additional services. Hence will that be the case?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:54 am

stan wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

Whats wrong with it and how would you be better off with it being electrified taking into account electrification doesnt alter the timetable and would make the line reliant on one part that has no replacement in the world?

Read my previous post, I spelt out the benefits there.

I think Wedgies point is clear. He simply wants more services.

The benefits have been stated about the proposed upgrade but really you have someone here telling you that its all good for the upgrade but what he needs is additional services. Hence will that be the case?

I want cheaper electricity but what we want is not important.
It is all about what they want because they know better and they have more at stake as well
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby bennymacca » Thu May 19, 2016 11:31 am

Wedgie wrote:

As I said my only gripe is more carriages arent put on, electrifying them would make that possibility even more unlikely.

Why doesn't it alter the timetable?

Timetable would change a ton it was 45 mins into the city instead of 55

That would increase patronage which would then allow them to add more carriages.

Given the carriages are so much lighter without Diesel engines and fuel that would also allow them to add extra carriages.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby stan » Thu May 19, 2016 11:47 am

Magellan wrote:
shoe boy wrote:Dudd Dutton , this prick is a class act!!!

Dutton said that "illiterate and innumerate" refugees would take Australian jobs or "languish" on the dole if Australia was to significantly increase its humanitarian intake.

Whilst I appreciate more refugees may well mean that more unskilled people need to be accommodated from other backgrounds, Dutton's words don't make for a convincing argument because:

a) what employer in Australia would hire someone who cannot read or count?

b) how do you fill in the dole form if you cannot read or count?

Seriously the PM is going to have to bench Dutton soon. Hes getting smashed out there, the media are all over him and it must be hurting the LNP overall.
stan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu May 19, 2016 11:57 am

bennymacca wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

As I said my only gripe is more carriages arent put on, electrifying them would make that possibility even more unlikely.

Why doesn't it alter the timetable?

Timetable would change a ton it was 45 mins into the city instead of 55

I agree the timetable would change a ton if it was 10 mins quicker but it isnt and so it wont.
Trip used to be 3 minutes quicker with an extra stop from Noarlunga to Adelaide!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Q. » Thu May 19, 2016 1:13 pm

stan wrote:Seriously the PM is going to have to bench Dutton soon. Hes getting smashed out there, the media are all over him and it must be hurting the LNP overall.

His refugee quips were a deliberate ploy to shift the talk to immigration, which wedges Labor.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Gozu » Thu May 19, 2016 3:44 pm

I agree with Wedgie I think people in general would much prefer more carriages than bothering with the electrification. If it ain't broke don't fix it. The Noarlunga line has had all sorts of problems with the electrification hullabaloo you even see 3-4 of the electric train carriages permanently sitting idle at the train station in the city, just a complete waste and then the Gawler trains are seemingly always packed to the brim with only two carriages to the point if you don't get there 2-3 minutes after the doors open you'll be standing for the journey. I'm a big guy too who can't physically fit in the regular seats my legs are too long so my options are always very limited.

With the huge amount of people living in the outer northern suburbs to the point Gawler not that long ago a country town has now become a part of Adelaide every train on that line especially in peak times should be at least three carriages. But pollies don't catch trains with the hoi polloi so they don't give a stuff, electrification sounds all nice and lovely but providing enough carriages doesn't make for a sexy headline.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu May 19, 2016 3:55 pm

Q. wrote:
stan wrote:Seriously the PM is going to have to bench Dutton soon. Hes getting smashed out there, the media are all over him and it must be hurting the LNP overall.

His refugee quips were a deliberate ploy to shift the talk to immigration, which wedges Labor.

Agree but don't forget Barnaby !!!

Struggling with Dairy Farmers but what do you expect with COALITION of red necks on one side and right wing conservatives !!!!

Turnbull and Abbott zero difference !!! you know the story of lip stick on a pig?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby am Bays » Tue May 24, 2016 3:15 pm

When Nova gets the AFL job will she have catch ups with her old NT mate Trish Crossin who now lives in Melbourne???

Gee hasn't there been a bit of ruckus caused up in Darwin and aren't few of the sisters lining up for the gig!!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Corona Man » Tue May 24, 2016 5:21 pm

@dogwatcher do you see the greens candidate up your way (Wakefield) as having any impact at the ballot boxes come July 2nd?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3482 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu May 26, 2016 9:52 am

Who? ;)
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Corona Man » Thu May 26, 2016 9:56 am

Dogwatcher wrote:Who? ;)

Yes, think you may have answered my question ;)
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu May 26, 2016 1:21 pm

Speaking of Wakefield I saw a corflute of Nick Champion's the other day covering totally over the name of the Libs candidate Kathleen Bourne.

Shenanigans in election campaigns.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Thu May 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Anyone going to the Bartley Tavern tonight for this? If so peg a chicken nugget at that Paul Murray for me.

At 4:00pm AEST David will anchor a special edition of PM Agenda live from the SKY NewsAdelaide bureau where he will examine the results of the debate. He’ll return again at 8:00pm AEST for Speers Tonight.

At 9:00pm AEST SKY News anchor Paul Murray will continue his “on the road” coverage with a live broadcast of Paul Murray Live from the Bartley Tavern in West Lakes Shore. Joining him in the electorate of Hindmarsh will be Liberal MP Matt Williams, Labor candidate Steve Georganas, Nick Xenophon Team candidate Daniel Kirk and Family First candidate Mark Potter.

Paul Murray said: “SA is the place the ALP must win and the Libs will promise billions to hold on to. But more interesting to me is the Nick Xenophon Team vote. Twelve percent of Australians are looking for something outside the ALP, Liberal or Greens and with half the normal vote needed to get into the Senate it won’t just be Xenophon who controls the future, no matter who the Prime Minister is. I can’t wait to see what people in Hindmarsh think of their options and if they are looking for something new”.

Thursday May 26 on SKY News Live (Foxtel Channel 601)
SA Press Club Debate at 1:30pm AEST
PM Agenda with David Speers at 4:00pm AEST
Speers Tonight at 8:00pm AEST
Paul Murray Live in Hindmarsh from 9:00pm AEST

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/05/sky ... ebate.html
Gozu
Coach

Postby stan » Thu May 26, 2016 6:05 pm

Gozu wrote:Anyone going to the Bartley Tavern tonight for this? If so peg a chicken nugget at that Paul Murray for me.

At 4:00pm AEST David will anchor a special edition of PM Agenda live from the SKY NewsAdelaide bureau where he will examine the results of the debate. He’ll return again at 8:00pm AEST for Speers Tonight.

At 9:00pm AEST SKY News anchor Paul Murray will continue his “on the road” coverage with a live broadcast of Paul Murray Live from the Bartley Tavern in West Lakes Shore. Joining him in the electorate of Hindmarsh will be Liberal MP Matt Williams, Labor candidate Steve Georganas, Nick Xenophon Team candidate Daniel Kirk and Family First candidate Mark Potter.

Paul Murray said: “SA is the place the ALP must win and the Libs will promise billions to hold on to. But more interesting to me is the Nick Xenophon Team vote. Twelve percent of Australians are looking for something outside the ALP, Liberal or Greens and with half the normal vote needed to get into the Senate it won’t just be Xenophon who controls the future, no matter who the Prime Minister is. I can’t wait to see what people in Hindmarsh think of their options and if they are looking for something new”.

Nah **** it if you going to get kicked out throw the whole schnitty.
stan
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu May 26, 2016 6:13 pm

stan wrote:
Gozu wrote:Anyone going to the Bartley Tavern tonight for this? If so peg a chicken nugget at that Paul Murray for me.

Nah **** it if you going to get kicked out throw the whole schnitty.

And the chips!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu May 26, 2016 6:54 pm

I'm not wasting a schnitty n chips
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri May 27, 2016 12:59 pm

What I've heard:
Fed Gov to make an announcement on Northern Connector in two weeks.
PM due for Adelaide visit.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby bennymacca » Fri May 27, 2016 1:23 pm

very pleased about that
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun May 29, 2016 8:44 pm

Anyone watching the debate?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11839 times
Been liked: 3597 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics