What will happen

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

What will happen

Postby dinglinga » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:24 pm

will the drought have any effect next football season ?? will certain clubs have to reduce what they

offer players due to less sponsership.. will these playes stay in adelaide

will this change country football
dinglinga
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:34 pm

Think your right there mate as there was an article about that particular subject in the Sunday Mail about a month ago which also touched on the related topic of these footballers leaving the town to take up mining jobs in Roxby, etc.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:45 am

I know it's been a problem for the Wunkar football club in the Mallee in the past.

Won't be a problem for Brown's Well and East Murray I wouldn't think - as they are on bores (correct me if I'm wrong Supaveteran).

Councils in our region have talked about ratifying the water use on their ovals and in some cases water will be redirected to the more important parks, gardens, ovals in the areas - which means the major ovals across the region will be okay.

May however cause some concern, depending on how councils manage the situation, for Independent clubs such as Moorook, Cobdogla, Lyrup and Paringa who are the secondary clubs in their council district.

A novel approach in some towns could see local CFS crews doing their training on some of these ovals, so that they get an extra water. It's been done in the past.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby 200 Killer Wasps » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:26 pm

Water will be a problem for Wunkar, the bore water is too salty.

Have used CFS training on the oval for a few years now.

What Wunkar need is to host the Grand Final this year, the last two grand finals they hosted, it rained all day.

We are having the same problem over here, although the milder conditions at the moment mean less watering. At Cowell I am just maintaining the moisture level underneath without worrying how green the surface of the oval is.
200 Killer Wasps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues