How good I was.

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

How good I was.

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:56 am

This is a chance for us to all tell each other of our greatest football moment,now not one you watched ,but one you were involved in,it might go back to primary school,it might be a D11 North trial game,who cares?
A good chance for a laugh I think,might also get a chance to drop a few names of team mates over the years.

My greatest moment was at Hectorville Oval,playing for Lockleys,B grade Div 4.

After leaving Henley when they realised I was still eligible to play U/17's I went to Lockleys.First game of the year after doing a fair portion of the pre-season,and I get named half-forwrd,great spot to play,in the amatuers not many half-backs are very fit,gives you as a forward no responsibility,just kick goals,well,try too.

First ball up of the day comes straight out the centre,pack forms,no mark,get the crumbs BANG,goal.I've got one and get swamped by the new team mates.Few minutes later,pack forms at the top of the square,I sit on a blokes back,holding-the -ball!,now I've got 2!
Back to the middle,and yep,out it comes,I jump all the way up and stand on the back of some blokes knees,and SCREAMER,turn around,I've got 3! They kick a couple,and down it comes again,few minutes before 1/4 time,rove the pack at half-forward,run,bounce(I am SO slow,not going to ever get to bounce unless I have a paddock!),and kick,4! Just when my feet are off the ground,some clown in the back pocket belts me!,went down like a sack,one of the umpires see's it,and after the siren I get a free in the goal square,5 at quarter time.

I think I ended up with 9 for the year. :cry:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7520 times
Been liked: 10822 times

Re: How good I was.

Postby Ian » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:15 am

Booney wrote:
I think I ended up with 9 for the year. :cry:

:lol: :lol:

My moment of fame was in my last U17's game.
It was the last game for the season and we had not won a game all year, our side was topped up with U15's to make up the numbers. The U15's were either top or second, and we didn't want to risk injuring one of the U15's prior to the finals, so we decided to forfiet the last game.
The opposition was close to making the final 4, but needed a huge percentage game to ensure a spot, so they begged us to play, and we did.
I had rucked all year with the occasional rest at full forward. This game the coach decided I was to play at centre half forward, I had a shocker, 3/4 way through the last 1/4 I had one handball to my name :oops: then I went up for my first ruck contest of the day on the boundry line, tapped the ball behind me, straight into the running rovers hands, who kicked a goal from about 35m out, we hit the front for the first time that season.
The ball was bounced in the centre, and I was still at CHF, a quick kick came out of the centre square, and I thought it was going over my head, I ran with the ball, jumped and stuck one hand out, I landed flat on my side with my right arm outstretched, and the ball still resting in my hand :shock:. I then went back to kick from about 40 out, the ball going through the goals at about 1/2 post hieght. About a minute later the siren went, we won our first game of the year, they didn't play finals the next week. Worst game I played in about 4 years, but 2 touches within a minute and the game was ours. :D :D

PS...and the U15's went on to win the flag, first ever for the club at any level.
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Pseudo » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:35 am

At age 14 I realised that I was fundamentally inept at the game and gave it up. This is not only my most significant contribution to the sport, but also my only significant contribution to the sport. I think the game has been far better for my decision.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Sam_goUUUdogs » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:38 am

Bottom of the ladder (or there abouts for 3 years) came up against the 2nd bottom team, pretty even match all day, we actually kicked more than 1 goal :D we managed to grab a lead of 3 points with no more than 2 minutes to go, then the other team (Broadview i think) got a late goal with around 1 minute to go, i then marked the ball in the pocket about 35 out with around 15 seconds to go, kicked the goal to snatch a 3 point lead with 5 seconds left on the clock. :D
Sam_goUUUdogs
League - Top 5

Been liked: 2 times

Postby - » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:14 am

Representing the NAFC at under 17 level is my proudest football playing experience. Port thumped us by 20 goals at Prospect and I never played again. Had one shot at goal and missed it and to this day im annoyed about because I would have got my name in the Sunday mail had I kicked straight.

kicking 3 goals on Kane Cornes in a game of year nine football is my claim to fame.

Second is kicking 6 goals as a rover in a trial game for my school against sturt under 17's.
Never give a sucker an even break

Nor ban a user for an acceptable topic of discussion.

"Baby on board". Why dont you put a sign on ur car saying "adult on board" or "car stereo in use"?
-
Reserves

Been liked: 0 time

Postby - » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:16 am

oh yeah and in primary school and after the quater siren checkside in the right forward pocket with no daylight between the posts. Probably no excuse for missing cos all we used to do was kick those in our lunch times.

"Baby on board". Why dont you put a sign on ur car saying "adult on board" or "car stereo in use"?
-
Reserves

Postby - » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:16 am

should say quater time siren

-
Reserves

Postby JK » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:38 am

BOG In a B grade premiership for West Lakes in the early 90's (only won by 4 points) after claiming all week I would be (the brashness of youth), and playing A2 footy against a Port Districts line up that took all before them with 6 or 7 ex-Port Magpies players, including Tyler (got a good sledge in too) and Rohan Smith to name a couple ... Solo rucked all day and beat their bigger pair and kicked a goal in what would have to be my most memorable 100+ point loss lol!
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Tigers'73 » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:52 am

In 1989 I played in a side that was second best all year, the top side would flog us by 10 or more goals, everyone wanted to play for them, anyway we played them in the Grand Final that year and beat them by 1 point, geez didnt they sook, unfortunately I didnt play due to a groin injury. Beat'in that side was satisfaction plus, this other side were so bloody arrogant so it was even sweeter.

Cheers
Mark
Tigers'73
Mini-League

Postby Dissident » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:35 am

First game of year 7 - last year of primary school - 1989.

Played Half Back for ALL of my school years, until this match, when at half time the backs went forward and the forwards went back.

I kicked 4 goals, ended with that tally for the end of school.

Modbury West PS
38.25 253

St Davids PS
0.1 1

(and for those North/Port fans, Ray Ebel was best on ground haha... Daniel Walsh was second)
Dissident
Site Admin

Has liked: 110 times
Been liked: 158 times

Postby cj_blacks » Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:32 pm

my claim is probably 6 goals in a First XVIII game in 2004 playing as a running half forward flank (so working as a wingman), 5 of them being on my un natural left.
cj_blacks
Under 16s

Postby westside » Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:26 pm

Funnily enough, I was a soccer player through my childhood, so my best memory was doing a solo run from the back line, weaving in and out throughout the whole Saint Peters' side, then popping the ball in the corner of their net. Not bad, considering I was the goalie!
westside
Under 16s

Postby Jimmy » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:37 pm

here is a link to one of my many great moments with the NY pies...just watch the runs by the bald no. 17 ;)

http://nyfooty.com/media/kookapies2_highlights_web.wmv
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby westside » Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:01 pm

Jimmy wrote:here is a link to one of my many great moments with the NY pies...just watch the runs by the bald no. 17 ;)

That video is priceless. Especially when the magpie player runs into traffic, throws his team mate out of the way then kicks sideways :lol:

And the player who gets cleaned up, then the cleaner takes possession, only to have the cleanee get back up and run through him :lol:

How many people in your side are actual americans, rather than ex pats?
westside
Under 16s

Postby Punk Rooster » Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:01 pm

In U 14's, playing for The Heights, I bagged 5 goals twice, ended up leading goalkicker with 32 goals for the year. Not bad from a rover/fwd pocket, a small and slow one @ that!
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Jimmy » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:28 am

wide receiver wrote:
Jimmy wrote:here is a link to one of my many great moments with the NY pies...just watch the runs by the bald no. 17 ;)

That video is priceless. Especially when the magpie player runs into traffic, throws his team mate out of the way then kicks sideways :lol:

And the player who gets cleaned up, then the cleaner takes possession, only to have the cleanee get back up and run through him :lol:

How many people in your side are actual americans, rather than ex pats?

WR, our team in this vid is our 2nds side that teamed up with half of Atlantas team (we have about 11 and they had 9 or so), so it is a pretty poor standard with a few good players surrounded by some who havent seen an oval ball before...about 50/50 ratio with aussies and yanks. Its a rule to have 50/50 on the field at one time. The club has alot of americans in it, about a 45/55 split in favour or aussies.

This game was at the national championships in Milwaukee in October this year. We won 2 or 3 games, this game we lost to vancouver. We beat the eventual premier minnesota by 4 goals in our clash. Minny got thru due to vancouver being stopped at the border for drugs on their bus (not their fault) so they forfeited vs them but van managed to beat us...van would have beated minny and won the whole thing...if bloody minny had lost to van, we could have gotten thru on greater goal % and won the div 3 title...oh well...some more highlights of our season will be coming soon..
Last edited by Jimmy on Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Postby Jimmy » Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:37 am

Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Postby Thunder » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:36 am

1976 State High Schools knock out competition.

Quarter final match against Brighton High School.

This correspondent kept some big name, big head, full forward to no score and we won. This of course proved he would be nothing and I would be a superstar.

Oh...his name...er...Stephen Kernahan
Thunder
Mini-League

Postby MW » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:52 pm

Can't say anything I have done indivually is good except for maybe 6 goals one time. Won three premierships though and for me that is all that counts.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2637 times
Been liked: 1865 times

Postby duncs7 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:04 pm

Against Lockleys this year kicked 7.4 running loose in the Back Pocket.
It was the game after the NoDoz scandal broke so i thought id have a go at it.
Ran amok that game tryed my luck again the next week against Kenilworth, threw my guts up in the goalsquare and nearly blacked out.
No-More No-Doz
Elizabeth Eagles Football Club. Est 1956
Argana Park, Elizabeth. SA
http://www.elizabethfc.net
duncs7
Under 18s

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues