Females in Football

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: Females in Football

Postby Pseudo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:26 pm

Does the women's football league have dancing boys before its matches? :-k
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1563 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:40 am

Footy Smart wrote:Great Night at MFC on Saturday, a heap of the girls came back up into the club and had a drink and something to eat! The Womens side has really embedded themselves in the club and the atmosphere including a deal that 3-4 girls will assist the C and D grade each week if the 3-4 blokes help the Womens side.

It really was a great night :D i had no voice, but still managed to hold a conversation with a few Modbury people who are all very supportive of your Women's team... The Pool Table Modbury vs Centrals Showdown was awesome too. I didn't leave until about 1am, and apparently that just when the party started, lol.
Your club is a great exapmle for any other clubs/ people who are very backward thinking towards female footy (which seems to be a few people posting in here :lol: ). Congratulations and thank you to everyone involved in making the inclusion of female footy as Modbury FC such a great success!!!

I'm hoping to visit the Elizabeth boys before training tonight to ask for them to stick around at our home game this Saturday so we can make a big night of it at Argana :d
www.facebook.com/sa.femalefootball ...

www.facebook.com/sfcwomens ...

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Footy Smart » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:20 pm

kicks.like.a.girl wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:Great Night at MFC on Saturday, a heap of the girls came back up into the club and had a drink and something to eat! The Womens side has really embedded themselves in the club and the atmosphere including a deal that 3-4 girls will assist the C and D grade each week if the 3-4 blokes help the Womens side.

It really was a great night :D i had no voice, but still managed to hold a conversation with a few Modbury people who are all very supportive of your Women's team... The Pool Table Modbury vs Centrals Showdown was awesome too. I didn't leave until about 1am, and apparently that just when the party started, lol.
Your club is a great exapmle for any other clubs/ people who are very backward thinking towards female footy (which seems to be a few people posting in here :lol: ). Congratulations and thank you to everyone involved in making the inclusion of female footy as Modbury FC such a great success!!!

I'm hoping to visit the Elizabeth boys before training tonight to ask for them to stick around at our home game this Saturday so we can make a big night of it at Argana :d

There is a photo floating around of one of our lads eating humble pie after being beaten on the pool table..... When i left at 1.30 a few girls were still there running riot :lol:

From my experience, womens football is great (my missus has even just started playing :roll: ) they value add to the club, womens cricket on the other hand I cant be supportive of, they seem to drain resources and not give back to the club (unlike the MFC girls thats for sure)
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Congratulations to Modbury FC on their first win on the weekend. I would have loved to be there on the night, as i know it would've been celebrated in 'style' 8)

Also, (i thanked them in the Div4 forum as i doubt they'll see it here, haha)... i really want to thank the Elizabeth boys for sticking around to watch our game on Saturday night. It was such an amazing feeling knowing we had people there supporting us (whether they were actually supporting us or not, haha). It was also really appreciated how they saved their presentations until after our game so we could do them all together :d

Ohhh, also thank you to the Scotch boys who were very supportive at half time of the A grade Elizabeth vs Scotch game on Saturday when i was kicking my pink footy... i really appreciate you questioning my gender based purely on the fact i can kick with my right and left foot... yes i could hear you talking :lol:

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Re: Re: Females in Football

Postby heater31 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:50 pm

kicks.like.a.girl wrote:
Ohhh, also thank you to the Scotch boys who were very supportive at half time of the A grade Elizabeth vs Scotch game on Saturday when i was kicking my pink footy... i really appreciate you questioning my gender based purely on the fact i can kick with my right and left foot... yes i could hear you talking :lol:

Think the Scotch boys were a tad jealous by the looks of it ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby HAWKBOY » Thu May 03, 2012 11:18 am

Footy Smart wrote:
kicks.like.a.girl wrote:

There is a photo floating around of one of our lads eating humble pie after being beaten on the pool table..... When i left at 1.30 a few girls were still there running riot :lol:

From my experience, womens football is great (my missus has even just started playing :roll: ) they value add to the club, womens cricket on the other hand I cant be supportive of, they seem to drain resources and not give back to the club (unlike the MFC girls thats for sure)

The MFC must thank Julie Wells for her massive involvement in the Womens Footy. It must also be noted that the MFC Senior President really got behind the concept when others thought it a waste of time. Well done all involved and a huge congrats to the girls.
HAWKBOY
Rookie

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Mon May 07, 2012 11:48 am

heater31 wrote: Think the Scotch boys were a tad jealous by the looks of it ;)

Considering i do it as a day job, i'm more than happy to teach them if they like 8) :lol:

HAWKBOY wrote: The MFC must thank Julie Wells for her massive involvement in the Womens Footy. It must also be noted that the MFC Senior President really got behind the concept when others thought it a waste of time. Well done all involved and a huge congrats to the girls.

Julie has been great since day one... and Jamie is possibly one of the most supportive presidents i've met. Great supportive network out at Modbury!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI... CENTRALS got our FIRST WIN against one of the four VETERAN clubs!!! We beat Port on the weekend for the first time EVER!!!! Can you tell i'm excited? It took us until our third season to do it, but we finally did! If this what i'm like after that game... imagine what i'll be like if we make the finals, let alone the Grand Final :lol:

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Mon May 07, 2012 11:51 am

kicks.like.a.girl wrote:
heater31 wrote: Think the Scotch boys were a tad jealous by the looks of it ;)

Considering i do it as a day job, i'm more than happy to teach them if they like 8) :lol:

HAWKBOY wrote: The MFC must thank Julie Wells for her massive involvement in the Womens Footy. It must also be noted that the MFC Senior President really got behind the concept when others thought it a waste of time. Well done all involved and a huge congrats to the girls.

Julie has been great since day one... and Jamie is possibly one of the most supportive presidents i've met. Great supportive network out at Modbury!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

FYI... CENTRALS got our FIRST WIN against one of the four VETERAN clubs!!! We beat Port on the weekend for the first time EVER!!!! Can you tell i'm excited? It took us until our third season to do it, but we finally did! If this what i'm like after that game... imagine what i'll be like if we make the finals, let alone the Grand Final :lol:

Is Charlea Taylor still playing if so how she going!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5603 times
Been liked: 2536 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Mon May 07, 2012 11:59 am

whufc wrote:Is Charlea Taylor still playing if so how she going!

Charlea starting playing with us this year... she's AMAZING! :d She has been playing in the midfield and is one of the main reasons why the ball has been in our forward lines so often this year.

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Mon May 07, 2012 12:06 pm

kicks.like.a.girl wrote:
whufc wrote:Is Charlea Taylor still playing if so how she going!

Charlea starting playing with us this year... she's AMAZING! :d She has been playing in the midfield and is one of the main reasons why the ball has been in our forward lines so often this year.

Amazing basketballers as well apparently, she just loves to do so much that probably holds her from being an absolute superstar at one.

Great person as well. One of the funniest people i have met.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5603 times
Been liked: 2536 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Mon May 14, 2012 4:25 pm

Best of luck to the South Australian U18 Youth Girls State Team this week as they compete in the third annual National Championships here in Adelaide

If you get a chance to see any of the games this week i highly reccommend it. The fixture is as follows;

Day 1 (Tues 15th May) @ City Maza Stadium (WAFC)
10:00am- SA vs VIC
11:45am- QLD vs WA
1:30pm- AFL VIC Dev vs NSW/ACT

Day 2 (Wed 16th May) @ Alberton Oval (PAMFC)
10:00am- NSW/ACT vs QLD
11:45am- VIC vs WA
1:30pm- SA vs AFL VIC Dev

BYE (Thurs 17th May)

Day 3 (Fri 18th May) @ Unleash Solar Oval (WWTFC)
10:00am- VIC vs NSW/ACT
11:45am- WA vs AFL VIC Dev
1:30pm- QLD vs SA

Congratulation to the following girls & their clubs for the representation in the National Championships this week;
Central District: Ammy Singleton, Brittany Perry & Nicole Mark

Modbury: Aajiah Jericho, Courtney Roberts, Danielle Stewart, Georgia Taylor & Karissa Searle

Morphettville Park: Cat Williams, Jen McCormick, Jessica Barnes, Kimberley Hunter & Sarah Milham

Port Adelaide: Alex Price, Caitlyn Swanson, Hayley Smith, Jade Blake, Jessica Walker-Smith, Kimberley Batley, Nicole Baker & Tayla Gordon

West Adelaide: Hannah Crump, Rebecca Cock & Shannon Ponter

AND the Northern Territory Girls: Derrylin Puruntatameri, Shaan Mitchell & Sheradene Solien'senge

Good luck SA, do us all proud :d

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby Footy Smart » Mon May 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Sawe the Morphie Park girls in action last Sat night and WOW they are guns.... half have better skills than some senior men footballers
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Thu May 17, 2012 5:05 pm

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Wed May 23, 2012 10:56 am

The 2012 U18 Youth Girls National Championships are done and dusted now... but not for everyone.

A huge congratulations to the following three superstars who were selected into the All Australian Team;
- Caitlyn Swanson (Port Adelaide Women's FC); SA Captain 2011 & 2012... All Australian 2010, 2011 & 2012... Selected into the High Performance Academy in 2011 & possibly 2012 (yet to find out)
- Nicole Mark (Central District Women's FC); First year playing Football, and still selected into the All Australian Team. Imagine how good she will be with a few seasons under her belt
AND
- Caitlin Williams (Morphettville Park FC); All Australian 2010 & 2012... AND was Awarded the overall fairest & best award for the whole championships in 2012. WOW!

Congratulations to all Girls Involved. Games may have not gone to plan, but we are all still very proud of your efforts, and look forward to further improvement next year :d

Day 1- Tuesday 15th May @ City Mazda Stadium (West Adelaide FC)
1.0.6 South Australia/ NT def by Victoria 12.10.82
Goal Kickers: Jade Blake
Best Players: Rebecca Cock, Shannon Ponter, Caitlin Williams, Danielle Stewart

Day 2- Wednesday 16th May @ City Mazda Stadium (West Adelaide FC)
8.5.53 South Australia/ NT def AFL Victoria Development 1.6.12
Goal Kickers: Caitlyn Swanson (2), Jade Blake, Cat Williams, Tayla Gordon, Kimberley Hunter, Nicole Mark, Alex Price
Best Players: Caitlyn Swanson, Caitlin Williams, Shannon Ponter, Nicole Mark, Georgia Taylor, Jenna McCormick

Day 3- Friday 18th May @ Unleash Solar Oval (Woodville West Torrens FC)
5.3.33 South Australia/ NT vs Queensland 8.7.55
Goal Kickers: Alex Price (2), Ammy Singleton, Caitlyn Swanson, Tayla Gordon
Best Players: Caitlin Williams, Jenna McCormick, Nicole Mark, Caitlyn Swanson, Shaan Mitchell

Day 4- Saturday 19th May @ Thebarton Oval
0.4.4 South Australia/ NT def by Western Australia 10.7.67
Best Players: Jenna McCormick, Sheradene Solien-Senge, Caitlin Williams, Caitlyn Swanson, Hayley Smith, Shannon Ponter

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Postby Dirko » Wed May 23, 2012 1:53 pm

What was the game played on Saturday after the Power / Roos?

Queensland v ?????
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby kicks.like.a.girl » Wed May 23, 2012 2:19 pm

SJABC wrote:What was the game played on Saturday after the Power / Roos?

Queensland v ?????

Queensland v Victoria... Victoria are the Powerhouse of Female Footy. They have never been beaten, so it was great to see QLD give them a good run for their money in the first quarter... i was 'not so secretly' cheering for QLD :D

GET AROUND IT!!!
kicks.like.a.girl
Under 16s

Females in Football

Postby RustyCage » Wed May 23, 2012 5:03 pm

kicks.like.a.girl wrote:

Queensland v ?????

Queensland v Victoria... Victoria are the Powerhouse of Female Footy. They have never been beaten, so it was great to see QLD give them a good run for their money in the first quarter... i was 'not so secretly' cheering for QLD :D

Had to leave at half time, what was the final score of that? Vic were very dominant.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu May 24, 2012 2:43 pm

kicks.like.a.girl wrote:

Queensland v ?????

SA shouldn't have let Qld off the hook, they had them covered.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7939 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Hey KLAG up to what age can girls play junior footy with the boys?

I coach Under 10's and have a girl that goes pretty well, and towels up a heap of the boys :lol: but wondering what her options are in the near future if she wants to stay in the game.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2330 times
Been liked: 3551 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:40 am

Dutchy wrote:Hey KLAG up to what age can girls play junior footy with the boys?

I coach Under 10's and have a girl that goes pretty well, and towels up a heap of the boys :lol: but wondering what her options are in the near future if she wants to stay in the game.

Under 14's is the cut-off. After that they have to play girls or womens.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7939 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues